Profile for Kasey Coff > Reviews

Content by Kasey Coff

Kasey Coff (Warrington, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Asus Transformer TF700 10.1-inch Tablet with Keyboard Dock (Gold) (nVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Front Webcam, Rear Webcam, Android 4.0 ICS)

2.0 out of 5 stars If I'd known then what I know now..., 16 Feb 2014
...I would not have bought this.

The problem isn't the Transformer: the whole concept of undocking / redocking the screen to the keyboard is brilliant. Having the potential to be a (mini) laptop... a tablet... a camera... everything your phone does (except make calls) but on a larger screen - and most things your average notebook does.

And I can't get on with it at all.

It's not Windows op-sys, and I'm not very techie. I didn't realize when I bought it that being non-Windows would pose an unsurmountable obstacle for me, but alas, it does.

I read not long ago that MicroSoft has entered into a partnership with Asus and that Asus are now producing what's essentially a Transformer with Windows. Maybe I'll go down that road. Someday. But in the meantime, I am not a happy Asus bunny.

Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White
Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't praise them enough!, 16 Feb 2014
The only nightlights I could find for the toilet were short-lived battery lights. Even with rechargeable batteries, they didn't last more than a few hours.

These Philips LED rechargeable candles are the best item I'd come across in ages. Not only do they work just right, emitting low-level lighting sufficient to see, but one charge will hold up for three or four nights. I'm thinking of getting a set as a gift for some new parents.

Great idea, convenient, perfect for the job - I highly recommend them!

Saddler Genuine Leather Small Coin Purse With Key Ring # 2058
Saddler Genuine Leather Small Coin Purse With Key Ring # 2058
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-Purpose Mini-Purse, 16 Feb 2014
Holds the gym membership card and a pound for the locker deposit. I attached a "quick-clip" keyring on it and keeping the locker key with me is no problem. Handy little bag that weighs next to nothing - it's holding up well, too.

Medipaq® Wrist Protect Heat Proof Gloves (2 x PAIRS) - Hold hot, even BURNING hot dishes safely!
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Last pair of mitts I think I'll ever need--!, 16 Feb 2014
These are brilliant - everyone in our household uses them.

They are a bit on the large size (OSFM) but still work fine. Gloves are so much better than the mitt-style holders that I don't think I'd ever go back to the other kind.

These protect from the heat, have a good length to the cuffs, and have held up under steady use for several months now. No signs of ravelling, snags, tears, or thin spots - the only thing I haven't done is wash them, so I can't say how well they will hold up to that.

But at this price, even if they don't hold up after washing, I'd get more - they are that good!

Casio Alarm Clock Tq-140-1Ef
Casio Alarm Clock Tq-140-1Ef
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little alarm clock..., 16 Feb 2014
I wanted something small, unobtrusive, portable... this little Casio is perfect. Reasonably priced, and at the time I bought it, it was on a "three-for-one" offer. Can't be beat for convenience!

Medipaq® CARPET SAVERS - NO More Furniture Marks On Your CARPET! *53 spikes each - Pack of 8*
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Old-fashioned - and still does the job!, 16 Feb 2014
I don't know why these are so hard to find! Most of the DIY places don't carry them, and they are more expensive in-store than here online.

They do just what they're supposed to: distribute the weight of the furniture, grip the carpet, and help ensure that the carpet doesn't develop permanent indentations from furniture legs.

Brilliant!

p.s. If the supplier can find other sizes, that would be helpful, too. :-)

Felt Pads Value Pack (Furniture and Floor Protectors) 8 sheets of 5 7/8" x 8 1/2"

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, 16 Feb 2014
The back of a headboard was scraping on a wall; we wanted these felt pads to stick on the back of the headboard to protect the wall itself.

I had a bit of concern that the adhesive wouldn't be strong enough. Well, I needn't have worried - the adhesive stuck to the unfinished wood side of the headboard, and the felt is just thick enough to provide plenty of protection to the wall-finish.

Postcard Album LOTOS (Lindner 5800), with 50 crystal clear pages - Color: winered
Offered by Sammlerwelt (Collectors world)

5.0 out of 5 stars Postcard Collection on View!, 16 Feb 2014
Does exactly what it claims to. The plastic sleeves are smooth, clear, and seem quite durable.

The only thing I don't like - if you can say it's a 'don't like' - is that the plastic pages are limiting. If you have odd-sized (round or square, for example) or extra-large postcards they don't fit this album, and apparently Lindner only makes 2-pocket pages for this model album.

Instead of having my postcards packed in a carton, I finally have them - most of them, at any rate - accessible to view. Great system!

Miele S8330SOLUTIONHEPA S8330 Solution Hepa Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner in Bronze Pearl Finish

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for KENCO, 1 Star for Miele, 16 Feb 2014
1) Powerful: I agree that it is. In fact, I had gotten so used to a dying upright that I'd forgotten what real suction should be able to do.
2) Convenient: I'll agree with this, too. The onboard 'container' for the three basic attachments (crevice tool, dustbrush, upholstery tool) is super-convenient, as is the telescopic tube. The attachments clip on and off easily, and the auto rewind on the cord is handy.
3) Expensive: yes, it is. I noticed that most of the highly-rated vacuum cleaners are. Having gone through three or four cheaper models over the last eight years or so I finally decided I might get what I pay for, so I went for the Miele.

Is it worth it?

Yes, but--

1) Quiet: huh? I couldn't hear you. "They say" you can carry on a normal conversation over top of this. I'm beginning to wonder if I got a dud or a lemon or something. Whilst it works fine, I surely could not talk to someone without shutting it off. As for sleeping through it - maybe. If you're hard of hearing.
2) Turbobrush: welllllll... okay. On low-pile carpet. I'm in the process of checking to see if I can buy some kind of powerhead or beater-bar carpet attachment or self-propelled floorhead or something. We live in an older house and it has a lot of deep-pile carpeting. After reading a couple of reviews, I thought the Turbobrush would be up to the task. Not really, at least not at our house.

The bottom line: I think I'd get one again. It does a thorough job on very dense, low-pile rugs... picking up dust from baseboards and wood / tile / vinyl floors... cleaning lint and fuzz and hair from upholstery. But I would research more carefully. I'd go to a store, instead of ordering online, and try a demonstration model. And I'd check beforehand to find out if the attachment I need is available - I'm willing to buy it separately, as an extra, but at this point, I don't even know if Miele makes a deep-pile carpet floorhead with an internal motor / beater-bar.

And I wouldn't necessarily believe the "So quiet you can nap while someone vacuums!" hype.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2014 12:11 PM BST

Iron Base SOLEPLATE CLEANER & Burn Remover x 1 Pack
Iron Base SOLEPLATE CLEANER & Burn Remover x 1 Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT Rowenta--!, 2 Oct 2012
UPDATE, 3.10.2012: Amazon has now removed the Rowenta image previously posted to this listing. Thank you, Amazon!

A review was posted here in July 2011 clearly stating the product received was not Rowenta, and that it was not the product advertised per the photo. Well, it still isn't.

I ordered this on the basis of several 4- and 5-star reviews; because of the photograph, I believed it would be a true Rowenta product - so far as I know, you can't use a brand-name unless you're actually selling that brand-name product, so I figured the glitch that led to the negative reviews ("When I order Rowenta, I expect to receive Rowenta") had been corrected.

To be honest, Kenco doesn't claim in the text that they're selling a true Rowenta iron cleaner - but in the photo, both the box and the vial are clearly labelled "Rowenta PC05," which is indeed a genuine Rowenta product. I thought the price - £3.96 - was too good to be true, especially as a non-Rowenta brand ("Faultless") was about ten quid. I should have realized if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

The product arrived in its little red-capped vial - no label, no instructions, no paperwork of any kind. It looked to be some sort of powder (the people at Kenco have since told me it's actually in a "stick" form). I didn't even open it, as I had visions of powder flying all over everywhere. Also, I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to apply the product to my iron: cold iron? hot iron? put the product directly on the iron? on a cloth, then iron over the cloth? with steam or without? Well, who knows?!?

I contacted Kenco and said I want a full refund - including postage - and how do I go about returning the product? I'm not sure if they anticipate some percentage of their customers will immediately want to return the iron cleaner, but they didn't seem very surprised. They were pleasant, cooperative, and said I should keep the product* and that they were sorry I was disappointed. They said they would issue the refund directly to my account - which they did.

*I have wondered, what can it be worth if they aren't concerned about their £3.96 + P&P?

I gave this distributor three stars for customer service. I explained in the "Seller Feedback" that they get top marks for promptness and courtesy (the full refund showed up to my account ASAP) but I would give them "0" (if that were possible) for misrepresentation and for lack of instructions.

In short, does this product work? I have no idea - I've ended up with it, but I won't be using it, as I still don't know how to use it, and I'm not willing to risk damaging my iron. Is the seller a good risk? I'd have to say "No" because I feel this ad verges on fraud or misrepresentation - and I will be contacting Amazon to ask them how they could condone the misleading photo on this listing, when they should've been aware over a year ago that Kenco was advertising a Rowenta product, but substituting a generic imitation.

If you're looking for a good product, albeit not Rowenta, check out my review of the Faultless Iron Cleaner, FAULTLESS Hot Iron Soleplate CLEANER & BURN REMOVER.

Page: 1 | 2