ARRAY(0xfef7018)

Profile for smallbananasd > Reviews

Content by smallbananasd

smallbananasd

E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality
Price: 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Would Highly Recommend!!!, 13 Nov 2013
This book was mentioned by a friend and I thought what the hell and bought a Kindle Copy. I have no self help/LOA books to compare it to as I don't normally read them, however, with this book I was hooked from the first page and suddenly everything made sense.

Maybe it was the scientific element to it, maybe it was down to the fact I am a firm believer in Quantum physics and the idea of parallel universes, but something went click.

I did the first experiment with excellent results, did the second with excellent results, and the sat there with a scrap of paper and did myself a five year plan. I put on this scrap of paper how I wanted my life to be in five years. Within three weeks of doing this I had two of the five things, one of which was definitely the FP giving me a huge helping hand.

This book really brings home that all we as people need to do is plug ourselves in, because our consciousness creates our reality... we think it, therefore somewhere we have created it, and all we need to do is reach it. And once we have our focus, suddenly things come to us that help us get to where we want to be.

I have never gone back to do the other experiments because I had all the proof I needed.

I now rave about this book and recommend it to everyone.

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB - Includes Special Offers [Previous Generation]
Price: 119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 23 Oct 2013
I wanted a tablet and went with the kindle fire as I am also an avid book reader and knew I would be using it mostly for reading.

The lack of instructions at first made me think OMG I will never be able to do this... as it happens it was very easy and simple to work out and was up and running within minutes. Took me a while to work out how to add a wi fi connection when I was out, but found it in the end.

I have to be honest I am more than happy with My Kindle fire. For what I need and use it for it is more than adequate. I have no issues using the internet on it or using apps like facebook or twitter. would definitely recommend it and have given five stars because it is very deserving of them.

Demon's Dream: High Demon, Book 6 (High Demon Series)
Demon's Dream: High Demon, Book 6 (High Demon Series)
Price: 3.44

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit Disappointing., 6 Aug 2013
I am a huge Connie Suttle fan. Her books captivate you from start to finish. They are fast paced and a good bit of sci fi fantasy escapism..... but...

Reah has ALL the same difficulties as Lissa had in Blood Destiny. She has similar issues with Mates, as well as similar mates, even down to two who can't have sex, her life is similar, she even cooks. This for me was disappointing. Reah wasn't a character in her own right, and was simply Lissa under another name and a different race. And If I am honest, this did spoil the whole series slightly. (I think I said this is another review on the Demon series)

None of the men in the supernatural world have the first clue how to treat women. This was infuriating in Blood Destiny, and was even more so in the high Demon Series. For men that are thousands and thousands of years old you would think they would learn something, or evolve, or get with the times a bit? This is what I felt seemed out of place in a story set in the future, that the supernatural men appeared to get worse and not better, that they seemed hell bent on controlling and oppressing women, and using them for self serving reasons.

On the plus side, despite all of that, despite the fact that the High Demon series might well have been Blood Destiny, I still enjoyed the books. Connie Suttle has a way of telling stories that capture your imagination and help you escape the hum drum of reality of a little while. Yes, for me there were some negatives, but there were also a lot of positives. It's definitely worth a read.

Demon's King: High Demon, Book 3
Demon's King: High Demon, Book 3
Price: 3.20

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit Disappointed., 4 Aug 2013
I have followed Connie Suttle's books from the blood destiny series, and if you haven't read blood destiny you will love this book, if you have, you will notice Reah is just a mashed up version of Lissa, which for me was really disappointing.

While this series is well written, there are again too many characters. Reah suffers exactly the same was Lissa, both were abused by a relative, both were brought up by men who were not their biological fathers, men use them both, even their mates, forced marriage, it is blood destiny under a different name. Even her vampire mate is a mirror version of Lissa's first vampire mate Gavin. The Reptanoid race is just a mirror version of the native race To Lissas planet. Other than the fact Lissa was a vampire and Reah is a half demon, Reah's story is a carbon copy of Lissas.

I bought the whole series expecting a great new character, and the only reason I am still reading it, is because I have bough the whole series. Maybe there will be some huge twist as to why Connie has decided to simply make Reah, her life, even her mates a carbon copy of Lissa, sadly I doubt it.

If you haven't read the blood destiny series you will love this series in its own right, if you have, the chances are you will feel slightly cheated by the fact it is simply blood destiny under another name.

Destroyer (Legend of the Ir'Indicti)
Destroyer (Legend of the Ir'Indicti)
Price: 3.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Good End to a Good series., 4 Aug 2013
I am at the end of the series and enjoyed every book. Ashe goes from being someone who thought he had no ability in book one, to a really powerful entity at the end. Connie Suttle pulls you into Ashe's world and his life, and the story unfolds naturally.

However, again, this book brings in far too many characters. At times, giving a couple of sentences just telling the reader who is in the room. This does get annoying, especially when you have to go back to earlier places to remind yourself of characters.

Less is more, and in the case of the characters, there is far too many central characters which becomes really confusing. And sadly, this means that I can only give the book and the series 4 stars. That and the over use of some irksome terms.

I would definitely recommend. If you can get past the fact you will get a wee bit confused with characters, and some of the terminology is a wee bit cheesy then you will love the story, and Ashe. This is a well structured supernatural story. Shame Connie didn't make each book longer and do it as a trilogy.

Blood Reunion: Blood Destiny, Book 10
Blood Reunion: Blood Destiny, Book 10
Price: 2.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 20 July 2013
I have now finished the blood Destiny series and have enjoyed every book. Connie Suttle writes some great fantasy, there is a natural flow with her writing style and it's hard to put her books down.

The negative for me was the amount of central characters. There were far too many, and some them appeared as fillers. The books would have been stronger if Lissa had a lot less mates around her. Many of them were not needed and felt out of place. It also became very confusing.

Despite the overkill of characters and parts being a bit on the cheesy side, the characters that mattered were well developed and the book is very character driven, as is the whole series. If you love sci fi and fantasy then you will love the blood destiny series.

Lethal Rider: Number 3 in series (Lords of Deliverance)
Lethal Rider: Number 3 in series (Lords of Deliverance)
by Larissa Ione
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Three, 7 July 2013
After being a bit disappointed with book two, book three has been the best by far. It was fast paced from the start, the story built into peaks that left you itching to turn the page over and unable to put the book down (well tap the screen for kindle users).

If you love everything demon/fantasy, this book is definitely for you. Yes there are many of these kinds of books around, but not every author has Larissa's unique writing style and ability to tell one hell of a story.

The romance and sex element does get very repetitive in each book, it could be seen as a negative, however Larissa more than makes up for that with her interesting story line's, gripping plot twists, and complex characters that have more layers to them than an onion. It's nice to see books about vampires and demons aimed at adults and not teens. There is a healthy balance of darkness and fun in all of her books.

Immortal Rider: Lords of Deliverance series: Book 2
Immortal Rider: Lords of Deliverance series: Book 2
Price: 3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 2, 7 July 2013
I am a huge Larissa Ione fan but sadly I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others. It was a great plot but could have been delivered better. For me this book wasn't as fast paced as the others and the story line through out wasn't as strong. It seemed to flat line and I felt a bit cheated when I came to the end as there was no end peak, no build up, just this abrupt ending (although thankfully I was able to continue on with book three)

What kept me reading was the fact that Larissa makes you care about her characters, and despite this book not being as good as the others, her writing style keeps you hooked from the first few pages. I wanted to know the outcomes, but felt the filler in the middle was a bit disappointing.

Eternal Rider: Number 1 in series (Lords of Deliverance)
Eternal Rider: Number 1 in series (Lords of Deliverance)
by Larissa Ione
Price: 7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 2 July 2013
I am a huge fan of Larissa Ione, and thanks to a friend was introduced to the Demonica series. I was very excited when my Kindle arrived yesterday and Larissa had a new series of books out, and was not disappointed with the first installment.

I love the way Larissa has strong characters who are all fundamentally flawed in some way. I love the fact the new series has a lot of ties to the Demonica books, it meant the storyline continued and this really worked.

The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of five is that the relationship aspect in this book is very similar to the others. One of them not wanting to love, one or both having huge issues, attempts to fight the feelings.... with any other writer this would put me off, however Larissa Ione's writing style, strong characters, and strong and interesting plots more than makes up for the relationship aspect, and THIS is what makes her a strong writer.

This book, like all her others, is a page turner... once picked up it's hard to put down and because of how well she tells the story, you care about the characters. I would definitely recommend reading this book