Profile for L. Cassarani > Reviews

Content by L. Cassarani

L. Cassarani (London, UK)

Trust 10 Port Usb 2.0 Power Hub
Trust 10 Port Usb 2.0 Power Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Best USB hub I've ever had, 16 July 2011
I'd been looking for a product like this for quite some time and I have to say I think I have found the perfect USB hub.

While the price is a bit high, I still think it's good value for money considering it has 10 ports, which is an unusually high number for a USB hub.

Samsung ML1665 Mono Laser Printer Ref ML-1665/XEU
Samsung ML1665 Mono Laser Printer Ref ML-1665/XEU

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and reliable, 10 Mar 2011
I needed a printer for my uni notes and coursework. My previous laser printer was also a Samsung and it had lasted me 3-4 years, which I thought was excellent. I decided to give this one a go (especially because of the low price), and I must say I was not disappointed. After months of use, I have never had a paper jam or any of the other inconveniences that we usually associate with domestic printers. Definitely recommended.

Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable by Neet® - ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. )
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars No brainer, 10 Mar 2011
It does what it says on the tin, and at a fraction of the price of Apple's own adapter cable.

Brabantia Cotton Ironing Board Cover with 2mm Foamback, Size B, 124 x 38cm - Metallized Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality, 23 Oct 2010
I decided to buy this after reading some of the other reviews here. Putting it onto my ironing board was really easy - the instructions that come with it definitely help.

The cover has such a lovely texture and thickness to it, but what's amazing about it is how the reflective surface retains the heat from the iron, which makes for (what seems to be) much faster ironing than you'd get with "regular" ironing board covers. Overall, this feels like a really high-quality product, and I'd definitely recommend it.

IPhone Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
IPhone Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
by Aaron Hillegass

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best iPhone programming book, 15 Sep 2010
As with "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X", the Big Nerd Ranch have managed to produce the ultimate guide for anyone wishing to start their iPhone development career. I've been a Cocoa developer on the Mac for several years, but no other book (and I tried many of them) could explain so many iPhone development concepts in such a clear, concise yet in-depth way.

The amount of topics covered is also staggering, from MapKit to Core Data, the accelerometer to integrating your app with web services. Whatever you do, read this book before you delve any deeper in iPhone development. You won't regret it.

Breville VKJ348 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle
Breville VKJ348 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 31 July 2010
Really fast, reliable, easy to clean. Having such a big window on the two sides is practically the same as having a transparent kettle - you can really see what's going on. The blue light looks amazing, especially with the lights off. Another really nice touch is the fact that the measuring notches on the sides are in terms of cups, not litres, unlike some other kettles I've owned. This means that as you pour the water in you can see at a glance how much you're going to need depending on how many people you're making tea for.

All in all, I can't recommend this kettle enough.