Profile for Dawn > Reviews

Content by Dawn

Dawn "There is so much variety. I love to make use of my time so I listen to a book whilst I crochet. But I still love Paper books new & old." (HYDE, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Veil Between Worlds (The Grimoire Chronicles Book 1)
Veil Between Worlds (The Grimoire Chronicles Book 1)
Price: 1.83

3.0 out of 5 stars I think this is more a teenagers book., 23 July 2014
This is a quick read, young love theme of falling for a guy you shouldn't (twilight) I liked it. I thought the Wicca theme was well thought out. I liked the rituals and would like aunt Faye to become more central in the next book. This book made me look up about Wicca it's history etc. so this book was also educational for me. I will be reading the next one. I liked it.

Polka Dot Spotty Sticky Paper Tape - Ideal for Scrapbooking and Gift Wrapping
Polka Dot Spotty Sticky Paper Tape - Ideal for Scrapbooking and Gift Wrapping

3.0 out of 5 stars Teach me to read all the description!, 30 Sep 2013
I thought it was a really good price for all these, but it is only for one (which it does say in the description) and you don't even get to choose which one!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 30 Sep 2013
Very hand to have in the car and charge your phone up. I personally wouldn't use it instead of a proper authorised charger but if you're in the car and you're running low on battery great for a top up :)

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Devious, jealousy and intrigue, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
Oh I really like this almost 5 stars but it's that kind of book that once you have read it you can't read it again because you already know everything that's going to happen and that spoils it for me as my 5 star books I want to re-read. I know that is the case with all books (you know how it ends) but some you don't mind reading over & over because of the beautiful words or because you want to be transported there etc etc. But this is a great fiction dramatic piece, I am so glad I read it, it's one I kept looking at and putting off for a while and then just gave in. So give it a go but be prepared to then pass this book on to a friend.

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book not so good on the kindle, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
This is a great classic I could feel the wind blowing through my hair in parts of this story but we all know the book is great. This was a kindle version, I just didn't like reading this on my phone maybe it was the size of the screen but I honestly felt it was the app as I have read other books and not felt this problem. Thing is I can't put my finger on it but I didn't like this version.

Midnight in Paris [DVD][2011] [2012]
Midnight in Paris [DVD][2011] [2012]
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson
Price: 3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Why Owen Wilson?, 23 July 2013
I really liked the film but Owen Wilson as the lead just spoilt it for me. I like him as an actor in other things Black Hawk Down Which Gean Hackman carried him through if you ask me. And the voice of many characters in animated film as well as Night of the museum, comedic films only please. But NOT this. It really did spoil the film for me. I just don't see him as a romantic kinda guy in this way. Having said that, I really liked the plot and the going back in time and meeting other artistic legends from a writers point of view. And there were some lovely characters to dislike as well. If it hadn't been for Owen then I think this could of been a 4 or 5 star review, and it will put me of watching this film over again and I really liked the film!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 2:51 PM BST

The Light Behind The Window
The Light Behind The Window
by Lucinda Riley
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, dangerous and tradgic, 23 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book very much but there are no more by this author that I have seen as yet (there is one but it's the same story with a different title so be careful I almost bought it). This is a really good first novel, there is some romance in two different decades on the 1930 in war time France, and the present day from a relative of that previous time. I found this a lovely book to read and holding my breath in certain parts hoping that they wouldn't be discovered by the Germans (some good others bad) as there is some French resistance in there as well for good measure. I would read this again many times

Kindle for Android
Kindle for Android
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty cool, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Kindle for Android (App)
I have read a book on there now and I quite like it. There are some really good quality FREE books I have read and It may have turned me on to buying a tablet because my phone screen isn't big enough to fully enjoy the experience.

The Stonecutter (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 3)
The Stonecutter (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 3)
by Camilla Lackberg
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fave of the series so far, 23 July 2013
Yes indeed. I loved this story very much. It starts in the past with the stonecutter and a spoiled young girl. And in the present a little girl is drowned. Why? Well I can't tell you without spoiling it for you but if you like these books you will really enjoy this one and Erica has had the baby so lots going on that carries on from the other books as well NOT that you have to read them to know what,s going on. Each is a great stand alone book.

Contraband [DVD]
Contraband [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars crash, bang, walop, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Contraband [DVD] (DVD)
lol this is a very good re-imagining of a foreign film (sometimes this just doesn't work) But it's all action and a good ending plus it had Mark in it what's not to like?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5