Profile for jacobjacobi > Reviews

jacobjacobi (Jersey, CI)

Magimix 11565 Kettle polished stainless steel with charcoal handle
Magimix 11565 Kettle polished stainless steel with charcoal handle

1.0 out of 5 stars I've had 2 and both have LEAKED, 9 Jan 2011
I have now had two of these kettles and both have leaked into the electrical base. The first one burned out element with an extremely loud bang. The idea of water running through an electrical system scares the hell out of me. Not that safety should be compromised at any price, but this kettle is expensive and yet it fails even the most basic function. I will never buy anything Magimix again.

Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother
Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, but the instructions need to be better., 13 Sep 2008
I bought this about 6 months ago and have found it to be quite good, until a few days ago, when I discovered that it could make the PERFECT froth. A lot of people recommend that you warm the milk for a while in the microwave and then froth. But to make this work so as to form milk that is as thick as beaten egg whites, do the following:

1: Use semi-skimmed milk straight from the fridge.
2: Beat the milk vigorously, making sure that you pump only in the bottom 2 inches of the milk (if you come out of the milk with each stroke, it doesn't work).
3: Keep pumping until it starts to get thick (if you are vigorous, this will take about 30 seconds).
4: Pop it into the microwave at full power (800 watts in my case) for 50 seconds. This seems to almost set the milk and it is even thicker when it comes out.
5: You now have egg white milk. Awesome.

PS: I have a good quality milkshake mix for the kids that we give them on occasion and this thing makes brilliantly thick milkshakes without the addition of ice cream.
Comment Comments (32) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2014 6:52 PM BST