Profile for beadle > Reviews

Content by beadle

beadle

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Mozart - Masonic (Complete)
Mozart - Masonic (Complete)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 April 2015
I have loved the Masonic Funeral Musi since I first heard it many years ago.

The Art of Ceramics: European Ceramic Design 1500-1830 (Bard Graduate Center for Studies in the Decorative Arts, Design & Culture)
by Howard Coutts

5.0 out of 5 stars He was delighted with it, 12 April 2015
This was a birthday gift for my brother. He was delighted with it.

I Wish You Could Have Turned My Head (And Left My Heart Alone) (Single Version)
I Wish You Could Have Turned My Head (And Left My Heart Alone) (Single Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Oak Ridge Boys, 1 Jun. 2014
Similarly to my review of "Love Somebody to Death" by Ed Bruce, I had this song on a long player by Conway Twitty but could not trace it after donating my vinyl collection to hospital radio. I found this downloadable version by Oak Ridge Boys quite recently. The song suited Conway Twitty better but I am familiar with Oak Ridge Boys harmonies and am quite content with their version. Did you know that Conway Twitty had a town named after him as Twitty City? Incidentally, Oak Ridge Boys did a version of "You'll Never Walk Alone" and I can't make out whether it is meant to be taken seriously. What does anyone else think?

Mad Passionate Love
Mad Passionate Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Mad Passionte Love, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Mad Passionate Love (MP3 Download)
Bernard Bresslaw was a comedy actor who specialised in gormless, but loveable character roles. He starred in a TV series called "The Army Game", various "Carry On" films and that unforgettable feature film "One of our Dinosaurs is missing". This song plays up to that simple, but innocent and gentle character. My fiancee and I were so charmed by its innocent silliness that we adopted it as "our song". It still is after 22 years of marriage!

Love Somebody To Death
Love Somebody To Death

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Somebody to Death, 1 Jun. 2014
I used to have this song on a long player recording by Merle Haggard and found it very entertaining. After letting my vinyl collection go I was surprised that I couln't find the track in compact disc or download format. However, recently I discovered this downloadable version by Ed Bruce ,a singer whom I had not previously heard, who sings it every bit as well as Merle Haggard. He also has a better baritone voice delivery. So things eventually worked out very well.

Cool Jazz - The Essential Collection
Cool Jazz - The Essential Collection

3.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Collection Cool Jazz, 1 Jun. 2014
Some well known names to modern jazz fans include: Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Sonny Rollins, Art Blakey, Bob Brookmeyer, Chet Baker and Charles Mingus. The tracks chosen for these artists, although enjoyable, tend not to be among their best known. Of the less well known artists, the Duke Ellington composition "Isfahan" performed by Tommy Smith is good.

Brahms: Wiegenlied, Op.49, No.4
Brahms: Wiegenlied, Op.49, No.4

5.0 out of 5 stars Brahms lullaby, 6 April 2014
I have never heard the harp played so beautifully as it is on this tender piece of music. It is a piece I have heard often over the course of my life, but Marisa Robles' version trumps all others. I intend to investigate her music further and discover what other delights are on record.

MotoGP 2013 Review [DVD]
MotoGP 2013 Review [DVD]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars MotoGP 2013 Review, 6 April 2014
This review is from: MotoGP 2013 Review [DVD] (DVD)
I actually bought this for my older brother rather than myself. I did try to purchase it as a Christmas present for him but despatch was delayed for an unacceptable period. Happily it was possible to acquire it without any problems for his birthday in early March. He was delighted by it and was profuse in his thanks.

Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC

4.0 out of 5 stars Rotak 34 Bosch lawnmower blades, 6 April 2014
My Rotak 34 lawnmower has been in service for some years now and still works very efficiently on my back and front lawns. It was very disappointing that I could not use my discount membership to buy replacement blades from the D.I.Y. store where I originally bought the lawnmower. Happily, Amazon were able to supply them via the Internet and their delivery was very prompt.

SAA Masking Set - Blue Masking Fluid, Brushes & Ruling Pen
SAA Masking Set - Blue Masking Fluid, Brushes & Ruling Pen
Offered by My Colour Palette

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Masking Fluid, Brushes & Ruling Pen, 6 April 2014
These were demonstrated by an artist on a televsion channel devoted to painting and drawing. She used them to preserve the fine, lacy lines of a spider's web in her work. The effect was very impressive as the fluid protects the subject from coats of paint and can then be peeled off when dry. I envisage many occasions when I will apply these tools.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9