Profile for Tough Chops > Reviews

Content by Tough Chops

Tough Chops (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, 10 Nov. 2012
This is a very funny story about a 100-year old man "escaping" from his care home. Although his adventures "on the run" are very entertaining, it is the details of his earlier life that bring all the surprises.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Put back what's missing from Windows 7, 23 July 2012
I am delighted with my upgrade to Windows 7, and everything seems to be faster, neater and more stable. The only problem that I had was not having the address book and Calendar functions of Outlook. I did rather miss Word, too!

This solved the problem beautifully, and at a good price. I now have Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher and Access.

I keep my diary and address book in Outlook, and my BlackBerry synchronises perfectly, just like it used to back when I was using XP and Office 2000.

If you're dithering about purchasing this, for the same reasons that I was - don't! It's well worth buying. Arrived by return, too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 12:20 PM BST

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific bargain., 23 July 2012
This little webcam is extremely good value at the price that I paid. So much so that I recommended it to my daughter and son-in-law, who also bought one. Indeed, when it came to ordering theirs the price had dropped by a pound or so!
The camera itself could hardly be simpler to set up. It plugs into a USB socket, and the microphone plugs into the microphone socket of your PC. There is a mini-CD of software provided, but Windows will recognise it anyway. It works beautifully with Skype, giving better results than more expensive webcams. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (64 bit), and feared that there might be compatibility problems, but that was not the case.
Definitely worth the 5 stars.

1924-1927
1924-1927
Offered by avsuk1

5.0 out of 5 stars Adrian Rollini as great as ever., 14 May 2012
This review is from: 1924-1927 (Audio CD)
This is one in a series of excellent CDs containing transcriptions of 78s from the 1920s and 30s. This particular disc has an all-star line-up, including Adrian Rollini (of course) and Tommy Dorsey. Just superb, and nicely transcribed.

Digihome LCD19913HDDVD 19-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview and Built in DVD (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 17 April 2012
This product was purchased as a replacement TV, rather than buying a set-top box.
When it arrived, I actually checked the packaging, (and my original order) to make sure that I hadn't been sent something of superior spec by accident! It has more extras than expected, a good picture and doesn't have the "tinny" sound often associated with small flat-screen sets. All this and a built-in DVD drive! Set-up was simplicity itself. Literally plug in, switch on, click on "yes" and wait about 3 minutes. All digital channels received, and on in indoor aerial. If you want a cheap second set, this is the one to go for.

Complete Recorded Works
Complete Recorded Works

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing., 17 April 2012
This review is from: Complete Recorded Works (Audio CD)
Obviously, recordings made in the 1920's are going to have a surface noise problem, but modern "clean-up" techniques normally remove a lot of this. This collection suffers quite badly with hiss, but there are so many rare recordings on it that it is still worthwhile for the serious collector. The album artwork is disappointing, too.

Replacement power supply for 9V Cambridge Sciences Vector G7-II Android tablet
Replacement power supply for 9V Cambridge Sciences Vector G7-II Android tablet
Offered by Digidave

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little charger, 17 April 2012
I bought this charger to save carrying the one supplied with my tablet around with me. It works extremely well, and has the added bonus of a removable adaptor tip, so that it can also be used with other compatible devices, using different plug sizes.

5m Mini HDMI to Standard HDMI - Black
5m Mini HDMI to Standard HDMI - Black
Offered by rhinocables

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality item at good price., 17 April 2012
I use this cable for connecting my Tablet PC and my video camera to the TV. It gives a superb high definition image, and doesn't cost a fortune.

Delphi Complete Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald UK (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald UK (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 April 2012
An illustrated copy of the complete works of F. Scott Fitzgerald, on your Kindle, without having to visit a bookshop, for just over a pound? Obviously worth buying.

Switching to Microsoft Windows 7: The Painless Way to Upgrade from Windows XP or Vista

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, but I haven't used it to its full extent yet., 17 April 2012
This is a well written guide, but as using it decided me against upgrading to Windows 7 for the present, I haven't made full use of it yet. If/when I do, I shall certainly use this book to help me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15