Profile for Lisa Twang > Reviews

Lisa Twang

Bergner BG-6653 Wok with Glass Lid
Bergner BG-6653 Wok with Glass Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best woks I've ever used, 27 Jun 2014
This is one of the best woks I've ever used! It's truly non-stick, so food doesn't burn easily, and it's super light and easy to handle. You won't get the full, authentic "wok-charred" taste you'll get from cast-iron woks, but you can still get delicious meals from this. I also used it on my induction stove top, with no problems.

It's supposed to be dishwasher safe, but I haven't tested that yet. All round, it's really good value and I'm glad I got it.

Zyliss No Need To Peel Susi 3 Garlic Press
Zyliss No Need To Peel Susi 3 Garlic Press

4.0 out of 5 stars Peels garlic fast, 17 Feb 2014
Absolutely love using this; it puts the fun back into using garlic! It's an effective garlic press, and you can often fit in two smaller cloves at a time (or one big one).

Do note that if you insert the garlic with the skin still on, quite a bit of garlic gets trapped inside. So you may need to open the press, remove the skin and press again: not exactly a one-step method, but good if you want every last bit of garlic extracted. Personally, I don't like to waste it so I always press twice.

Clean-up can be tricky, so use the cleaning tool and wash it straight after use - if you wait too long and the garlic dries, it can be hard to remove. Luckily, it's also dishwasher-safe and that helps a lot!

Fine Elements 800 Watt Mini Oven with Baking Tray/ Wire Rack/ Pull Out Crumb Tray
Offered by Trendi

2.0 out of 5 stars Badly designed, 17 Feb 2014
I don't understand why this is so highly rated. This is the worst toaster oven I have ever used - its bad design means you can't open it with one hand. Instead, you have to hold the (still very hot) oven with one hand and pull the handle with the other: not practical or safe!

The build also feels cheap, and not at all sturdy.

I tried to live with it for a few days but ended up sending it back. This has a major design flaw, and if you bought one from a reputable brand this would not happen.