Profile for ghappy888 > Reviews

Content by ghappy888

ghappy888 "happy888" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Mystery Cookbook (PC DVD)
Mystery Cookbook (PC DVD)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars a little boring, 12 April 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
this is essentially a fairly pleasant find the object game where you play the role of a mouse who is looking for specific objects. The storyline is that you are a mouse who wants to become a chef and so the majority of scenes are set in kitchen environments or dining rooms etc. You point and click on various things you need to find. It can be quite challenging at some times to find certain things as some are cleverly hidden. However, every single level is really the same game over and over again and the difficulty does not seem to really increase much. The reason i have given it a low rating is because as a point and click game it is fine but i was a little dissapointed that really that is it. Once you find everything you just go to the next level and you don't seem to really get to do anything else, the recipes you find you dont really seem to do anything with etc.. I have not completed the game and there are many more levels so I am hoping that i might come across a wider variety of tasks as the game progresses but so far after about the first 12 levels, they have all really been the same...

The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Richard Callender
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 12 April 2010
When i first bought this over a year ago i was skeptical BUT, if you can see past the silly outfits etc its actually a very good workout, one of my firm favourites. Non of the moves are too challenging to master and so instead of trying to keep up and stay in time as with some complex aerobic or dance based dvds, you can totally focus on putting maximum energy into each move to really get the most out of it. I find that the simplicity of the routine works well for me as can get frustrated fast with some workouts that are too hard to follow and you spend more time watching and attempting to join in than actually working out. That is not the case with this dvd and i have been able to keep up with the entire workout from the very first go due to its simplicity. I find it to be highly effective too and this is always the one i reach for when i want a moderate cardio session. I particularly like the little clock in the corner of the screen that times each section as even when i am tired it motivated me to finish when i can see im almost done.

Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]
Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars not enough on its own, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method [DVD] (DVD)
I have a range of about 20 home work out dvds as I do 1 every morning and evening so i like to have a wide range so i dont get bored. Since i bought this a month ago, i have rarely been using any of my other toning dvds! i love it, it is fantastic and i can really feel it the next day even though im very used to exercising. I have rated it 4 star not five for 2 reasons, the first is that I find that the abs section is a little short so tend to have to repeat it twice and the second is that although good for toning, this dvd has to be alternated with others as there is really no cardio, no working up a sweat as such since it is so focused on toning, as a toning workout i can't fault it but those looking to lose weight as well as tone up will need to get some cardio in elsewhere as this is not a high energy workout.

Zenses: Ocean Edition (Nintendo DS)
Zenses: Ocean Edition (Nintendo DS)
Offered by APE-GAMES

4.0 out of 5 stars addictive and fun, 30 Dec 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is not my favourite or most often played game but whenever I do play it I really enjoy it and can end up playing for ages trying to beat my scores. Out of the 6 mini games I find that I mostly play 3 or 4 of them, my favourites being shell twirl and pearl diver which are both very addictive. I tend to get bored quickly with hotspot and turtle turn but the other four games keep me entertained enough to still make it a worthwhile purchase. The one thing I find really annoying is that with the high scores you cant but your name or initials so the scoreboard displays the high scores for each game without knowing who got which score! I find that really pointless as half the fun of a scoreboard is being able to enter your name! Overall though a good game, worth buying and easy to pick up even if you only have time to play for a few minutes.

Touchmaster (Nintendo DS)
Touchmaster (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Global Xpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive & fun!!, 6 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Have hardly played anything else since buying this! It's a great collection of fun games with simple rules that allow you to just pick up & play straight away. I was unsure about buying it as it has a lot of card games which I don't usually like that much but I have been pleasantly suprised. I have played nearly all of the 23 games & havn't found one I don't like yet. Worh buying just for the Mahki & crystal balls games! My boyfriend & I have literally wasted HOURS on these two games trying to beat each others high scores....highly addictive, fun gameplay, recommend to all DS users! 5/5!

Go! iMP DS Lite Pro V Case & Stylus: Pretty Pink (Nintendo DS)
Go! iMP DS Lite Pro V Case & Stylus: Pretty Pink (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST ds case available!, 6 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a fantastic protective/travel case for the DS, after trying others and being dissapointed this is definately the best I have found. The case is lightweight but still tough, high quality material. As well as the secure compartment for the console itself, there is a stylus holder and game slots making it very useful for transporting games without the bulky cases. You can play your DS without takng it out of the case which is really practical. The only downside is that you can't store the charger but this isn't really a problem and the small size is much easier to carry round than bulkier cases that do hold the charger.

It is very stylish looking and really small, not much bigger than the console itself. The colour matches the shade of the console perfectly and it also comes with a spare matching colour stylus. Absolutley brilliant product and would reccomend to everyone with a DS.

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, 4 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this game for my boyfriend a few days ago & he hasn't put it down since! Also had a little go myself, graphics are great and the storyline and game itself I can't fault. The only negative we found was that the save points at times seemed to take forever to reach which is a bit annoying when you want to finish up as we had to keep playing ages before we had chance to save. Also some of the puzzles involved in opening doors are a little challenging but I suppose that's better tha them being too easy. Overall would reccomend as a good game.

Rapala Tournament Fishing (Wii)
Rapala Tournament Fishing (Wii)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK

1.0 out of 5 stars A big dissapointment, 25 May 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game takes itself far to seriously to be any fun at all. You cannot just put on and play, I found myself having to refer to the manual constantly and it struck me that you actually had to know quite a lot about real fishing in order to have any chance of knowing which lures etc. to use for what fish. This game may suit someone who is very knowledgeable about fish and fishing equipment but for anyone without fishing experience, treating it as a game and wanting to just have a bit of fun it's a complete waste of time. Worst game I have ever bought, traded it in within 48hours.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Offered by Turbotrance

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GREAT FUN!!, 25 May 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Fantastic game that has provided me with hours of gameplay. Nothing to say apart from great fun! The graphics are colourful, the levels are varied, and overall its the most engaging and satisfying game that I have played on the wii to date. Highly reccomend to everyone!

The Sims 2: Castaway (Wii)
The Sims 2: Castaway (Wii)
Offered by JosephGaming

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoping that it will get more exciting if I keep playing??..., 25 May 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I love the traditonal sims & sims 2 games but was not that blown away with this. The slow loading times are annoying but tolerable, it's the actual game play which involves endless gathering of food and resources that I found dissapointing.

I have not had the game for long so will persevere with it and hope it will get more interesting and fun as it progresses!! The fact that it's the most recent game I've bought but yet I'm more likely to play something else instead just in my opinion indicates that it is an average rather than amazing game. I would say rent it or buy it pre-owned as it isn't worth the New RRP.

Page: 1 | 2