Profile for ghappy888 > Reviews

Barbara Currie - The Power of Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie - The Power of Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie

4.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of routines. Clear Instruction, 23 Jan. 2015
This is a very good yoga DVD with clear verbal instruction that is easy to follow. There are plenty of workouts on the one disc making it excellent value and you can do 1 routine or combine more for a longer session. I love the power stretching & use this most. I find that my muscle soreness the following day is much reduced as a result of completing the power stretch routine immediately after my usual workouts. My only criticism would be that some poses are not held long enough in my opinion and so when they do 2 repetitions of the same pose in quick succession I often choose to instead do the pose only once but stretch into it slower and hold the pose for longer to feel the full benefit as sometimes it can seem too rushed.

A Dog's Guide to Humans
A Dog's Guide to Humans
by Karen Davison

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but entertaining., 23 Jan. 2015
Entertaining read if not a little on the short side. Took less than 20minutes cover to cover.

The Best Wines in the Supermarkets 2015: My Top Selected Wines for Character and Style
by Ned Halley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Guide, 23 Jan. 2015
Great little guide book bought as a gift and well received. Had a flick through myself and seemed informative and interesting.

Frenchie-Opoly
Frenchie-Opoly

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dissappointing, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Frenchie-Opoly (Toy)
Bought as a gift & we enjoyed playing it at Christmas but the "dog treats" were disappointing as they were not treats at all or dog themed in any way but were actually horrible boring square grey plastic blocks. Not what I was expecting.

Element: Ballet Conditioning [DVD]
Element: Ballet Conditioning [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elise Gulan

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging & Effective, 12 Jan. 2015
I have no dance experience but was curious to try out a ballet inspired workout to aid with encouraging me to stretch in between other workouts. I was surprised by how challenging it was and had to work hard to do the moves correctly...there was a lost of involuntary shaking at certain points!

I have been doing this dvd regularly now for a few of weeks and always experience muscle soreness in my thighs and calves the day after which lasts around 24hrs. This isn't something to do on a "rest" day but a demanding workout in its own right. I would rate the workout a 5 for effectiveness but have rated 4 overall as there are certain leg movements that I think should have more explanation & point by point initial demonstration to reduce the chance of incorrect form & injury. I do a lot of exercise classes both at home & at the gym and the majority of exercises in this workout are sufficiently simple that explanation isn't needed and copying what you see is fine but there were a couple that are a little more complex & could be performed incorrectly due to the lack of more detailed instruction (I felt I wasn't doing them right at first and had to keep replaying and watching carefully to get the hang of a few moves).

Mystery Cookbook (PC DVD)
Mystery Cookbook (PC DVD)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars a little boring, 12 April 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
this is essentially a fairly pleasant find the object game where you play the role of a mouse who is looking for specific objects. The storyline is that you are a mouse who wants to become a chef and so the majority of scenes are set in kitchen environments or dining rooms etc. You point and click on various things you need to find. It can be quite challenging at some times to find certain things as some are cleverly hidden. However, every single level is really the same game over and over again and the difficulty does not seem to really increase much. The reason i have given it a low rating is because as a point and click game it is fine but i was a little dissapointed that really that is it. Once you find everything you just go to the next level and you don't seem to really get to do anything else, the recipes you find you dont really seem to do anything with etc.. I have not completed the game and there are many more levels so I am hoping that i might come across a wider variety of tasks as the game progresses but so far after about the first 12 levels, they have all really been the same...

The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
The Jordan Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Richard Callender
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 12 April 2010
When i first bought this over a year ago i was skeptical BUT, if you can see past the silly outfits etc its actually a very good workout, one of my firm favourites. Non of the moves are too challenging to master and so instead of trying to keep up and stay in time as with some complex aerobic or dance based dvds, you can totally focus on putting maximum energy into each move to really get the most out of it. I find that the simplicity of the routine works well for me as can get frustrated fast with some workouts that are too hard to follow and you spend more time watching and attempting to join in than actually working out. That is not the case with this dvd and i have been able to keep up with the entire workout from the very first go due to its simplicity. I find it to be highly effective too and this is always the one i reach for when i want a moderate cardio session. I particularly like the little clock in the corner of the screen that times each section as even when i am tired it motivated me to finish when i can see im almost done.

Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]
Tracy Anderson Method [DVD]
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars not enough on its own, 12 April 2010
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method [DVD] (DVD)
I have a range of about 20 home work out dvds as I do 1 every morning and evening so i like to have a wide range so i dont get bored. Since i bought this a month ago, i have rarely been using any of my other toning dvds! i love it, it is fantastic and i can really feel it the next day even though im very used to exercising. I have rated it 4 star not five for 2 reasons, the first is that I find that the abs section is a little short so tend to have to repeat it twice and the second is that although good for toning, this dvd has to be alternated with others as there is really no cardio, no working up a sweat as such since it is so focused on toning, as a toning workout i can't fault it but those looking to lose weight as well as tone up will need to get some cardio in elsewhere as this is not a high energy workout.

Zenses: Ocean Edition (Nintendo DS)
Zenses: Ocean Edition (Nintendo DS)
Offered by APE-GAMES

4.0 out of 5 stars addictive and fun, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is not my favourite or most often played game but whenever I do play it I really enjoy it and can end up playing for ages trying to beat my scores. Out of the 6 mini games I find that I mostly play 3 or 4 of them, my favourites being shell twirl and pearl diver which are both very addictive. I tend to get bored quickly with hotspot and turtle turn but the other four games keep me entertained enough to still make it a worthwhile purchase. The one thing I find really annoying is that with the high scores you cant but your name or initials so the scoreboard displays the high scores for each game without knowing who got which score! I find that really pointless as half the fun of a scoreboard is being able to enter your name! Overall though a good game, worth buying and easy to pick up even if you only have time to play for a few minutes.

Touchmaster (Nintendo DS)
Touchmaster (Nintendo DS)
Offered by MICRO LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly addictive & fun!!, 6 Jan. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Have hardly played anything else since buying this! It's a great collection of fun games with simple rules that allow you to just pick up & play straight away. I was unsure about buying it as it has a lot of card games which I don't usually like that much but I have been pleasantly suprised. I have played nearly all of the 23 games & havn't found one I don't like yet. Worh buying just for the Mahki & crystal balls games! My boyfriend & I have literally wasted HOURS on these two games trying to beat each others high scores....highly addictive, fun gameplay, recommend to all DS users! 5/5!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3