Profile for Mr. P. J. Cooper > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. J. Cooper

Mr. P. J. Cooper
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Panda Internet Security 2012, 3 licenses, 12 months subscription (PC)
Panda Internet Security 2012, 3 licenses, 12 months subscription (PC)
Offered by Accessory Land

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work!, 14 Dec. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I could not get the Panda security to load to my computer. It kept advising me that it needed to remove an old Norton security from my computer but it never happened. I tried to get in touch with the company but to no avail.
I'm sure some people loaded it ok, but this was my experience with Panda!

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars SomeGreat Townsend Humour But..., 7 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The book has an interesting premise about Eva, a woman going to bed for a year (obviously!) Townsend's gift for humour and grotesque, but believable characters, as proven in her Adrian Mole books is very evident here and there are some genuine laugh out loud moments.
The story though becomes too silly when Eva becomes a 'saint'. It also becomes hard to sympathise with Eva's plight. The character just comes over as self-absorbed and lazy.
I think Townsend runs out of steam towards the end of the book and it could have done with tighter editing, some chapters (i.e those with Ho's parents) seem irrelevant and you can get blinded with science in some scenes at the space centre.
So, worth a read, but maybe time for a new Mole book!

Red: My Autobiography
Red: My Autobiography
by Gary Neville

3.0 out of 5 stars Patchy!.. Like his last few United seasons!, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Red: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
Red is an enjoyable read, but it feels very lightweight!

We get a nice insight into family life and find out why exactly his dad was christened Neville Neville. I also liked the details on the youth team, though I'd have liked to have known something of Raphael Burke, the young lad who was featured on Newsround, but didn't go on to the first team.

Gary comes across well in his book, but details are brief and we learn little about his team mates that we didn't know already. Some team mates (Wes Brown, Henning Berg, David May etc) barely get a mention. We get only brief details of matches. Some seasons, such as 2000-01 hardly get a mention.

If you see Gary on Sky, or read his Mail on Sunday column, you know that he could provide a very insightful book. Alas, this really isn't it.

Easy Meals
Easy Meals
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Rachel Book!, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Easy Meals (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rachel's recipes are always successful and every cookbook is eagerly anticipated.
Easy Meals is her latest and does what it says on the (baking?) tin! The ingredients are fairly easy to obtain and the photography is good as ever!
Best recipe so far is the Asparagus and Goats Chees Risotto!

Beyond All Evil: Two monsters, two mothers, a love that will last forever
Beyond All Evil: Two monsters, two mothers, a love that will last forever
by June Thomson

4.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing!, 29 Dec. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Beyond All Evil is not one of the easiest books you will ever read, knowing what the outcome is!
It is very easy to get annoyed with June and Giselle for putting up with their extremely unpleasant husbands and you will shout at them for not getting out of these doomed relationships!
The book is worth reading to hear some of the more comforting aspects that happen to the ladies following their tragedies.

The Masters of Sitcom: From Hancock to Steptoe
The Masters of Sitcom: From Hancock to Steptoe
by Christopher Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy Geniuses!, 24 Nov. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is great to see some of the best script excerpts from 'Hancock' and 'Steptoe and Son'. One of the amazing things is that they are not dated at all, even though some of them were written in the 1950's.
Also great to hear about Ray and Alan's career too.
Highly recommended!

32 Programmes
32 Programmes
by Dave Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight into a collector!, 28 July 2011
This review is from: 32 Programmes (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being a collector of various things myself, including football programmes (though to a lesser extent than Mr. Roberts). I knew I would enjoy this book.
Starting with his first football match between Fulham and Man Utd in 1965, it documents key events in his life and you can't fail to be won over with his passion for the subject! It is interesting to see how football changes during the documented time. The final 2 chapters are a lovely end to the book.
Recommended!

Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011, 3 user (PC)
Webroot Internet Security Complete 2011, 3 user (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 28 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second security software I have used and I now have security for my laptop for 12 months. The software was easy to install and it is very handy that it saves all my passwords as I have a memory like a sieve.
I am not an expert on computers but this is highly recommended.

Under the Microscope: My Life
Under the Microscope: My Life
by Dave Spikey

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 4 Jan. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Under the microscope is an enjoyable read, certainly for those in the North, like myself. Some of the humour in the book doesn't translate well to paper but I'm sure would raise laughs in Daves stand up act. Its interesting to read how he went from laboratory worker to comedian but a highlight is Dave talking about his animals and his involvement in animal rights charities, for which he deserves much credit.

A Fan's Guide to World Cricket
A Fan's Guide to World Cricket
by Daniel Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Good beginners guide, 4 Jan. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book acts as a nice introduction to the test playing nations and the grounds. It is perhaps a little too basic for the real cricket enthusiast, who is unlikely to find much that he/she didn't already know.
It will act as a nice little reference guide though and is a nice little travelogue but one for those with a more casual enjoyment of the game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6