Profile for Kaleef > Reviews

Kaleef (UK)

The Wall [Immersion Edition]
The Wall [Immersion Edition]

1.0 out of 5 stars Another missed oppotunity, 27 Feb 2012
This review is for the Immersion set. Priced at nearly £90 this is only ever going to sell to Pink Floyd fans and not the casual buyer.
The box set comprises of 6 cd's and one DVD. Of the 6 cd's the first two are the remastered version of the original album. It has never sounded better!
The next two are the remastered version of Is There Anybody Out There? live set which is okay.
Then we get to what the fans want, the two discs of unreleased demos. What a mess! Despite the odd full track these discs are made of up to 30 sec clips of the songs.
You get the odd line from one song, then a bit from another then back to the first song again!
Unlike the DSOTM and WYWH here sets which didn't much in the way of bonus stuff but there is obviously loads for The Wall.
As a fan I would have preferred to have ALL the full length demos over 3 or 4 cd's. These are out there as bootlegs so why not sell them to the fans?
Of course there is also the issue that on the DVD is the Behind The Wall documentary from the orginal film but not the film itself! There is some live clips but not too much to get excited about.
Again a missed oppotunity by Pink Floyd. Bring out The Wall with the film on blu-ray and all the full length demos and I will be happy!

Blanc Burn
Blanc Burn

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Blanc Burn (Audio CD)
Having been a big Blancmange fan since they started I was very excited when I heard they had reformed.
We had a taster in Neil's vocals being used on the Faithless version of Feel Me from their last album.
The first track started with classic Blancmange sounds and lyrics, the vocals were "treated" as it was being sung from the perspective of being on the phone.
Unfortunately this set the tone for the rest of the album, classic music but the vocals were either high or autotuned. No booming vocals that Neil is famous for.
I'm sure Neils new vocals will grow on me but it's not the Blancmange we knew and loved.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2011 12:37 PM GMT

Kilimanjaro: Deluxe Edition
Kilimanjaro: Deluxe Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 12 July 2010
Whilst you can't totally rip into this release like some have I do have some problems whith this re-issue.
I really can't understand why this is a three disc issue when all the tracks on discs 2 and 3 could have fitted onto one disc?
When Kilimajaro was first released it had a different cover and didn't have Reward on it. It was then re-released with Reaward, the new cover and some of the other tracks remixed, so why not feature both the original and re-mixed tracks on here?
They have all the Zoo singles on the 2nd disc but not the 3 other tracks from Zoo compliation From The Shores Of Lake Placid. Also the single version of When I Dream is missing.
Final moan, why not include a DVD of their videos? These have never beed released on DVD before as far as I'm aware so lots of oppotunitys missed here.
Guess I'll have to wait for the 4 disc edition!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 5:54 PM GMT

CyberLink Power DVD 9 Ultra (PC CD)
CyberLink Power DVD 9 Ultra (PC CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of money!, 13 Dec 2009
I, like many other people, have a Blu-ray combi drive on my PC which allows me to play both Blu-ray and HD-dvds. The software which was bundled with the drive included PowerDVD 7 which worked brilliantly playing everything I chucked in it. Since upgrading to Windows 7 I thought I would buy the latest PowerDVD version, a big mistake!
Not only did it take ages to install it also no longer supports HD-DVD!!! Why??? I know they are an old format now but you can get them for a few quid in the shops and many HD-DVD films have not been re-issued on Blu-ray yet.
Why not just have the function to play them? It's not like it costs them anything as they already had the capability?
My copy was uninstalled and I got a full refund as the product was not fit for purpose. I have now re-installed my free copy of PowerDVD 7 (remembering NOT to to install the update as that also wipes out the HD-DVD playing option!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2010 12:31 AM BST

Happy Families... Plus
Happy Families... Plus

4.0 out of 5 stars Close to perfect, 9 Sep 2008
This review is from: Happy Families... Plus (Audio CD)
A welcome re-issue of these 3 albums which also contain nearly all of Blancmanges recorded output.
I know I'm being a little bit picky here but I am disappointed that these arn't the original album versions. Both Waves and Living On The Ceiling use the single mixes which, at least in the case of Waves, is totally different to the original album version.
Also on Mange Tout they use the much shorter single edit of Day Before You Came.
Surely when compiling these releases they could show a little more attention to detail?

7" Heroes
7" Heroes
Offered by EliteDigital UK

2.0 out of 5 stars No More 7" Heroes!!, 3 Oct 2007
This review is from: 7" Heroes (Audio CD)
Very disappointed with this album, it is tagged as "The Original 45's" but features album versions of at least 5 tracks!
The Aztec Camera track is different to the superior Tony Mansfield produced 7" single version.
The Ian Dury track has had the lyrics altered and The Stranglers tracks has had 30 secs butchered from the middle of it for no apparent reason!!
Why, when compling these albums, can't the compliers just get all the 7" singles out to check they have the right version?
No wonder people illegally download music if the labels can't be bothered to get the simple things right.....