Profile for Barny > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
WD 1TB  Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBUZG0010BBK-EESN
WD 1TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBUZG0010BBK-EESN

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of Films, 10 Feb. 2014
As usual WD have made a very neat little external hard drive. I use it to store all my MKV & MP4 films, which play through my Sony Blu-Ray player's USB port with no problems at all. It has a bright light on the front but not a problem because you can just turn it around. I have seen reviews about this but it can also be turned off when you turn off whatever it is plugged into, or unplugged if you have it in a bedroom.

45cm SATA II (Serial ATA 2) Cable (3Gb/s) ~ Straight to Right Angle ~ Latching Lock (Lead cannot become loose disconnect) ~ Male to Male (M-M)
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars right angled sata cable, 10 Feb. 2014
It is just a Sata cable but with the right angle makes it easier for some connections. A very good cable.

Kinivo 301BN Premium 3 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars One of two I have ordered, 10 Feb. 2014
I use this to connect my Blu-Ray player and my Cyclone2+ to my TV, it is a nicely designed little HDMI switcher which will automatically select which ever one I am using, although it does have a controller which I only used the memory button to remember which player I am using and it works perfectly. On the 3 port HDMI switcher the outward connection is on the back which I like, but am not so keen on the 5 port HDMI because it comes out of the side. The five port one could have been made the same, which would have made it slightly longer, but that wouldn't have mattered.

Neotechs® 5" Sat Nav Hard Carry Case For Garmin Nuvi 52 52LM 54 54LM
Neotechs® 5" Sat Nav Hard Carry Case For Garmin Nuvi 52 52LM 54 54LM

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Case it is, 3 Sept. 2013
This is a nice case to hold your Sat Nav and cables in. It would be nice to have a soft cover to put the Sat Nav in, but saying that it does have protection and well held in with two rubber holders.

The Rise of Nine
The Rise of Nine
by Pittacus Lore

5.0 out of 5 stars I am Number four series, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Rise of Nine (Paperback)
This book is supposed to be primarily for children, I am 73 years old and have loved every one of the series so far. I am currently reading "The Fall of Five" and hope there are more books to come after this one. "The rise of nine was as I expected, captivating, leaving you to want Pittacus Lore to write faster, the only criticism I have of the book itself, it was so much smaller than the other books in the series, but still very enjoyable.

Sennheiser HD 65 Closed Dynamic TV Over-Ear Headphones with Independent Volume Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for the older person, or younger that want it louder without disturbing any one else., 29 May 2013
Excellent quality headphones which have made a great difference to understanding much of the speech for a person loosing a lot of it behind loud background music and some actors talking with their mouths half closed. With the extra volume controls for both left and right ears, makes it great also for those that may be slightly deaf in one of them. My wife and I don't have to keep asking one another now what they said or keep rewinding the recording several times just to catch a word or two.

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)
I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)
by Pittacus Lore

5.0 out of 5 stars Under valued book, 11 May 2013
This book is one of the best I have read. I have seen the film, that was also under rated and not advertised too well. I would like to see the second film, but I doubt it will ever be made. The follow up book "The Power Of Six" is also excellent. Waiting for the paperback now of the third book in the trilogy "The Rise Of Nine".

Fast USB Ethernet Network/LAN Adaptor For Nintendo Wii
Fast USB Ethernet Network/LAN Adaptor For Nintendo Wii
Offered by Visibee

5.0 out of 5 stars You need it, 11 May 2013
Excellent service by provider and it does the job it's meant to. Well made and very sturdy little piece of kit.

The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [DVD]
The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can I say Fantastic, 10 Mar. 2013
This film is fantastic, and I can't wait for the next two films in the sequal, if they are going to make them.

EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis (Wii)
EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis (Wii)
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wii Sports tennis is more fun, 10 Mar. 2013
Not as good as I thought it was going to be but OK. I just wish they would make more golf games with different courses. The reaction time to hitting the ball doesn't seem to be in real time, You have to start making the stroke a bit before the ball would be on you. Some times the chopped stroke reacts as if it was a top spin too.

Page: 1 | 2