Profile for Ansdell Lass > Reviews

Content by Ansdell Lass

Ansdell Lass (Lytham St Annes, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pleasured By The Dom: Stella's Submissiveness Challenge
Pleasured By The Dom: Stella's Submissiveness Challenge

3.0 out of 5 stars sexy but sadly too short, 22 April 2013
I've read some of the reviews for Alice's other books and have to agree with the reviewers in that joining together the "episodes" would be an improvement. Also they are quite pricey for the length of story. Having said that Alice writes quite well with few errors.

The story could have been so much more than it was, though. The erotic scenes were good but there wasn't much actual story to it and I have rarely come across an end so rushed. The Epilogue could have been two stories, of the length Alice writes, at least. It was disappointing and I couldn't understand why she did not take more time to develop the characters.

I feel Alice needs to take advice from her readers and expand her stories. She is a good enough writer to do this. Come on Alice, show us what you are capable of!

I thought the description of a sub's collar as a "submissive's choker" was very twee and not something I'd heard before. I just thought it a bit odd.

I will read another of Alice's series and hope for more story expansion.

Mated to the Devil
Mated to the Devil

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Lycans, 13 April 2013
I love Eve's writing and this one one of the best werewolf stories I have ever read - and I've read many.

Mina was unfortunate enough to be the product of narrow minded, bigoted, "religious" parents and also had nasty, hypocritical relatives. The previous reviewer has covered the early action in the book so I won't repeat it.

As in most werewolf stories, Remy is drawn to Mina and this is the tale of how, despite many long trials and tribulations, they head towards their inevitable HEA. Eve deals with the difficult topics mentioned above with perception and sympathy, and her novel includes a fair bit of excitement and also some wonderfully written sensual scenes.

As well as Remy and Mina, I really liked Pierre and adored Jacques.

An excellent writer in many different genres, I highly recommend reading any of Eve Langlais' wonderful feel good stories.

The Edge of the Earth
The Edge of the Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing romance with an edge, 9 April 2013
I love Ms Joseph's novels but this was so different from her previous stories. It was a love story between Will and Charlotte from the UK and USA respectively. The main premise of the story being language and culture differences and the problems and sometimes humour they can inspire. I love language and Molly's beautifully written and imaginative book fulfills that need.

Ms Joseph's research into her subjects in all her books shows intellect and dedication to her craft and I was amazed by a negative review, on one of her other books, from a reader who said she should do more research into her subject! In another book by Ms Joseph set in England she described a place I knew so well that I was convinced she had been there but when I asked her she said she had never been to Britain. If that doesn't prove her depth of research I don't know what does!

The erotic passages are very well written but the story is so much more than that. The translation of the old Adyghe language was interesting but the "speech sparring" of British Will and Southern Belle Charlotte was the most fascinating.

There are some hard to take moments in this story but they are written well and not overworked but more alluded to, so I did not feel uncomfortable reading them (I can't say that about some of Ms Joseph's other books!). I felt Charlotte's helplessness but strangely I felt Will's more. He so wanted to be a knight in shining armour for Charlotte but due to sheer weight of numbers and weapons he was unable to save her from the terrible things that happened. It was much more realistic than most books and action films would have you believe.

I was so worried that Will's and Charlotte's relationship would not recover from what happened but it does. The writing in the last paragraph of the last chapter is amongst the most beautiful I have ever read.

Highly recommended.

Disciplining the Duchess
Disciplining the Duchess

5.0 out of 5 stars As excellent as Georgette Heyer - but with a little kink, 7 April 2013
I've just re-read Annabel's Mephisto series and have reviewed them previously. I enjoyed them as Annabel is such a brilliant writer but they were pretty harsh BDSM stories although they were love stories with an eventual HEA. I have difficulty with the Master/slave TPE dynamic as I'm not a masochist. Disciplining the Duchess, however, is a totally different matter.

I loved the ironically named Harmony and her wonderful Duke, Court. I laughed at all the endless scrapes she got into and loved her wonderfully independent spirit. It must have been overwhelming for her to try to change from a quiet "bluestocking" to an accomplished and elegant Duchess. Chase was the sum of his upbringing with a harsh Father and a sorrowful Mother who, after her husband's rejection, became shrewish in her unhappiness. It took time, and the help of his Mother's eventual honesty for him to achieve peace in his relationship with Harmony. The manners of the Regency age were brought brilliantly to life in this excellent novel.

I have read quite a few Regency novels recently by US writers and they haven't quite got the language or atmosphere that Annabel has achieved in this book. She has written a perfect, in my opinion, Regency love story with that extra frisson of spanking.

I have just read an interview with Annabel on another website because I was unsure if she was, in fact, from the USA or actually from the UK. Her British Regency novel is just that good. The noble titles she uses are not twee and unbelievable, like some US writers and her understanding of British geography is excellent. I loved the Hadrian's wall interludes as that is one of my favourite places to visit, too.

I am just about to read her vanilla romance under her different author name. I'll be reviewing it shortly!

A highly recommended writer who excels in her often psychologically intense stories. A keeper!

Christmas Kiss (A Holiday Romance) (Kisses and Carriages Book 1)
Christmas Kiss (A Holiday Romance) (Kisses and Carriages Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy Romance, 5 April 2013
I like this much more than another of LL's books I've read. It was interesting and innovative and I couldn't see where it was going, although I was expecting a HEA ending.

It made me laugh out loud several times and it entertained me, which I enjoy. I tend to vary my reading between light and heavy and this was definitely light.

Good editing in the main.

Recommended.

Styles of Passion (Siren Publishing Classic)
Styles of Passion (Siren Publishing Classic)

5.0 out of 5 stars There's certainly passion!, 1 April 2013
I enjoyed another of Sara's books and this is equally as good. The proofreading is good, if not perfect but it didn't detract from the story. It was a lovely, light (on the BDSM side) romance and I enjoyed it. I want Noah for my very own. He sounds lovely in every way.

Having read the reviews of Sara's other novellas which I have not yet read, it seems as if they were written by someone else. I will reserve judgement until I read them myself.

I happily recommend.

Lord Fool to the Rescue
Lord Fool to the Rescue

3.0 out of 5 stars Georgette heyer it's not, 1 April 2013
This story had potential but the language wasn't quite right plus I found the title irritating. I'm not quite sure why though.

There were some "Americanisms" in the story, such as vest when it should be waistcoat and also, strangely, distance referred to in kilometers which is wrong for both the US and the UK of that time. I still measure in Imperial terms and not metric but that's just my age!

I, like other reviewers, thought the story was rushed and a bit confusing at times and I have read both the original and the re-written versions. I will try another of L.L's stories though. The editing is good!

Elf Kisses
Elf Kisses

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Santa story., 1 April 2013
This review is from: Elf Kisses (Kindle Edition)
I loved this romantic little Christmas offering; even though I read it in March! It was sweet and romantic with some of Cooper's trademark raunch. Celyn and Elf were so good together and it renewed my belief in Santa!

Highly recommended for a bit of Christmas cheer.

Two Doms For Angel (Club El Diablo Book 5)
Two Doms For Angel (Club El Diablo Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Meaningful menage, 26 Mar 2013
I read 4 of Holly's books yesterday and despite the bad editing I gave them 5 stars because I enjoyed them so much.

The editing in this book is excellent and added to my enjoyment of the well rounded story.

This is a more serious story and there is much less connection to the club El Diablo than in the previous novellas, although it is still there.

I have read many menage stories but the majority, even those involving BDSM, have been a lot lighter than this one. The interaction between Angel, Zach and Monroe is very involved but this just made the story even more riveting.

The Shibari aspect was interesting and Holly's research of her subjects is, as I said in an earlier review, impressive. Another unusual kink was Zach's need to bite. I have come across erotic biting before but never read a story in which it was highlighted so much, apart from vampire stories.

I would now class myself as a fan of Holly's writing and am so pleased her editing has improved so much.

Highly recommended.

Touched By A Dom (Club El Diablo Book 3)
Touched By A Dom (Club El Diablo Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A demanding Dom, 24 Mar 2013
This is the 4th of Holly's "Club El Dorado" series I've read today.

Let's get the editing problems out of the way: They aren't horrendous, but niggling, to me anyway. Incorrectly spelled words such as "site" instead of "sight" but the main thing in this book seems to be incorrect use of parentheses. Sentences which are not spoken have inverted commas around them and conversely, in some cases, spoken words have no inverted commas. It is somewhat confusing and I had to re-read some paragraphs to clarify them to myself.

The story itself is excellent. Kyle is the harshest Dom Holly has written about so far but he is still appealing and Trisha learns with both trepidation and eagerness to be what he wants. It is not a hard story in the way of some other authors and I enjoyed it very much including the twist which I didn't see coming at all.

I am just about to start "Two Doms for Angel" (I'm so glad the redundant apostrophe, used for plural Doms, virtually throughout "Touched by a Dom", has not made it's way onto the cover of "Two Doms for Angel").

I am hopeful that Holly's most recent book is better edited. I do, though, love her writing and look forward to reading more in the series.

Recommended.