Profile for Ansdell Lass > Reviews

Content by Ansdell Lass

Ansdell Lass (Lytham St Annes, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pack of 20 - 2 Holes Butterfly Wooden Buttons, for Sewing, Scrapbooking, Embelishments, Crafts, Jewellery making, Knitting, 23x18mm
Offered by Fancyworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty wooden butterflies, 11 Jan 2014
These are very pretty butterfly buttons which I will be using on my granddaughter's garments when I have finished knitting them.

The Book Was Better, Ladie's Printed T-Shirt - Purple/White XL = 12-14
The Book Was Better, Ladie's Printed T-Shirt - Purple/White XL = 12-14
Offered by Print Wear Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice purple T-shirt, 11 Jan 2014
This is a nice quality T-shirt and the printed statement is so my daughter who often says this after seeing a film.

Evolution of Darth Vader Kid's T-Shirt Kelly Green/Black Print 7-8 Years
Evolution of Darth Vader Kid's T-Shirt Kelly Green/Black Print 7-8 Years
Offered by Print Wear Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson's Darth Vader T-Shirt, 11 Jan 2014
My Grandson was very pleased with this. Last year I got him Lego Evolution and so I thought I would continue with the evolution theme this Christmas.

Nice quality cotton.

Assorted Ribbon, Various Colours , Approx 25m Per Bag
Assorted Ribbon, Various Colours , Approx 25m Per Bag
Offered by Anycraft-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice ribbons, 10 Jan 2014
The ribbons are very reasonable. I will be using some on my granddaughter's garments.

I like that there are pairs of the same length and colour ribbons which will be useful when ponytails or plaits are worn.

I don't think you could get as good an assortment from a haberdasher at such a cheap price.

Saved
Saved

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely Christmas spanking story, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Saved (Kindle Edition)
I love Renee's stories. They are well written and edited and have humour, romance, excitement and spanking.

What I loved about Melinda and Jack was that they were both new to spanking but Jack soon became an expert!

They were perfect for each other and the title is perfect too, as they gave each other confidence and in Jack's case he literally saved Melinda. I won't give any more away. I recommend that if you like the genre, you will love this.

Saved is a perfect short read over the Christmas holidays.

Something Quite Beautiful: No Greater Love
Something Quite Beautiful: No Greater Love

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful short story, 20 Dec 2013
This is the first Amanda Prowse story I have read - but it won't be the last.

This is a beautifully crafted short story with just the right amount of tension. I loved all the characters which were built so well in such a little novella.

I won't go into the plot as this has been done by other reviewers.

It was a bargain too, at 59 pence.

Highly recommended.

Mastered
Mastered

3.0 out of 5 stars Potential not achieved, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mastered (Kindle Edition)
I read this on a recommendation and started with a one off rather than a series.

In the product description the book is described as being set "within the rugged backdrop of the Scottish Highlands". There is no real proof of this and it could have been set anywhere as there were no descriptive passages of the scenery, apart from the wood at the beginning. The only descriptions were of clothing and interior decorating. For some reason the place names were fictitious.

None of the characters sounded in the least Scottish and why did the author write "gonna" and "wanna" throughout instead of "going to" and "want to"? I found that very annoying and made it seem as if the book had been written by a teenager. Andy's greeting to Oliver at the Halloween party of "Eh up bro", I found very confusing. That is an expression used by someone from the North of England not the North of Scotland.

Spell check would have been a useful addition to the book. "...massive whole in her life...". "...a broad groin spread across Oliver's face..." At least that last one was funny; if only accidentally.

I have no idea why the book was entitled "Mastered" as there was no mastering going on. Oliver was a moody, unlikeable bully whose "lovemaking" bordered on abuse. I have no idea why the lovely Kat put up with him. He stormed off if she said something he disagreed with without giving her a chance to explain and the "erotic" passages were anything but. I don't know if the title was supposed to suggest a BDSM relationship but it certainly wasn't.

I felt overwhelmed with all the unbelievable revelations pushed into the last chapter, which ended suddenly with a hint that there could be a follow-up.

I hope that the author's experience of men isn't based on Oliver. I felt he needed anger management counselling.

I also thought it was expensive for what it was.

Shadow Dreams
Shadow Dreams

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical story, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Shadow Dreams (Kindle Edition)
Evangeline is my favourite writer. It was good to be able to read one of her earlier novellas and I'm glad she decided to bring it out at the request of some of her readers.

Even though I'm British, I love Native American tales and this was a really good one, romantic, erotic and very funny. Would Angelina save Shadow in time? It was a real knife edge ending!

I am looking forward to Ruby Shadows in early (I hope!) 2014 unless Evangeline gets sidetracked with another Brides of the Kindred story! What an amazing imagination she has!

Random Acts of Trust (Random Series #2)
Random Acts of Trust (Random Series #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Julia Kent story, 15 Dec 2013
I love Julia's books. I think I have said before, it is not just erotica; the characters are well drawn, the language is mature and beautiful and I know I said her last "Random Act" story was the funniest but this surpassed even that!

I couldn't stop laughing at the mobile(cell)phone chapter. It cheered me immensely. I loved Sam and Amy who had a lot to go through before resolving their feelings (not for each other though; that was always constant).

Parts of the story hit quite close to home for me and Julia's writing helped me confront some feelings I have not, in the past, examined too deeply.

The brilliant Darla played a big part in this story and added so much to the tale and to my enjoyment of it. Darla rocks!

I can't wait for Liam and Charlotte's story; roll on 2014!

Chained (Brides of the Kindred Book 9)
Chained (Brides of the Kindred Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Evangeline excels - again!, 13 Dec 2013
It shows the extent of Evangeline Anderson's amazing imagination when you consider that she only, initially, envisaged 3 'Brides of the Kindred' books. I love these stories and the interesting sci-fi world she has constructed.

The story is brilliant, the erotic passages are hotter than ever and the humour is laugh out loud funny!

Maggie is a wonderful heroine and Kor is just amazing and is now my second favourite on my personal list of Kindred heroes.

Other reviewers have gone into the story so I won't do the same. I will say that I get totally absorbed in Evangeline's stories and the real world disappears when I read her wonderful tales.

I asked Evangeline if she was going to write a story about Becca, Far and Truth and so I'm really looking forward to reading their story in early 2014!

I'm looking forward eagerly to the next 'Born to Darkness' book too, as this series is as good as, if not better than, 'Brides" and as I'm such a great fan of "Brides" that is really saying something!

Keep 'em coming, Evangeline!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20