Profile for Ansdell Lass > Reviews

Content by Ansdell Lass

Ansdell Lass (Lytham St Annes, UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-24
The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington)
The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington)
Price: 1.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice New Zealand novel, 26 Nov 2012
This book was lovely. I really enjoyed it. Like the book I previously reviewed, it was not my normal read but I really enjoyed the change.

The story of Sophie and Rafe was interesting and well rounded. The one sex scene was well written and refreshingly explicit without all the coarse words I get tired of reading.

I found Kris's interior design details interesting but one of the best things was her description of the New Zealand landscape. It is a country I've always wanted to visit and Kris made the beauty of the place easy to imagine.

Lastly, there were no proofreading or editing errors which is a big plus for me.

I highly recommend this wonderful, warm love story and unbelievably, it was free!

Rules of Desire [Desire, Oklahoma 4] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour)
Rules of Desire [Desire, Oklahoma 4] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour)
Price: 2.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Desire story, 14 Nov 2012
This is another well written Desire book but with a Menage a Quatre this time. I have read quite a lot of Maya Banks' novels and so I am used to this genre but it was still smoking hot with really good sex scenes. The story other than the sex was very engrossing. It was a "who done it" and, although I eventually sussed out who it was, I still enjoyed the suspense, which was built up well.

I loved Erin and her totally understandable reticence in engaging in a Menage relationship with three gorgeous and hunky guys! I loved that her men convinced her by explaining that one of them would always have time for her to help with any problems, help with the housework, share child rearing duties, give her a massage etc. The list is endless. I want them!!!

I highly recommend the whole series.

Healing Fire (Kingdom of Kell Book 3)
Healing Fire (Kingdom of Kell Book 3)
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kindgdom of Kell Part 3, 14 Nov 2012
I did a review on book 1 and have just completed the review on book 2 although I read this one before the second one. I couldn't find the 2nd installment on Amazon until recently.

My review for book 2, Stealing Fire, is quite harsh, (although I still gave it 4 stars as the story was innovative and I did enjoy it), due to the very bad editing/proofreading. There are errors in this story but there are negligent and did not spoil my enjoyment of the tale. One of the quirky ones was peal (as in bells) when it should have been peel (as in fruit)

I did love this story and thought Melor was a wonderful hero, Summer a great heroine and Blossom was a lovely little girl. This book was funny and exciting and raunchy too. My favourite things in a story.

Please keep your writing at this level, Angela. It is good.

Recommended.

Stealing Fire
Stealing Fire
Price: 2.43

4.0 out of 5 stars The second instalment, 14 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stealing Fire (Kindle Edition)
I read this installment last of the 3 published "Kell" books. It would be helpful to have subtitles including the number of the book.

I enjoyed books one and three better than this one. I didn't feel it was as well written and the grammatical errors were hard to miss. The biggest error in this book is the change of spelling of a main character's name: "Tuathal"in the first book becomes"Tuthal" in this. Why? This is indicative of the careless errors that fill this book. Some of the these are amusing, such as the misspelled "sulfa" instead of "sulfur". Is that the "gangsta rap" version of the spelling? Mostly, though, the errors are annoying in that there is incorrect use of tenses and and sexes and wrongly composed sentences.

I am glad I read these books out of order as I did enjoy the first and third ones much better. If the series continues, and it could as there is scope for much more, I do hope Angela invests in a proofreader or editor to assist her with this.

Having said all the that, the tale itself was interesting and I liked that she interlinked the stories of Penny and Tamara. I love the fact that the queen is called Penny. Only an Australian could have come up with that. No fussy romantic name for HER queen! Brilliant!

Creation of Desire [Desire, Oklahoma 3] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour)
Creation of Desire [Desire, Oklahoma 3] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour)
Price: 2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Epicurian!, 11 Nov 2012
I just looked this word up. I knew it was to do with high fallutin' food but it was more apt than I thought - it means someone with a sensual love of food. The restaurant scene is this book is so hot!

I thought this was an excellent part 3 of the Desire series and that the love scenes were extremely well written. No grammatical errors in this so not pedantic remarks from me this time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and agree with what Roroblu's mum said (apart from the price 'cos I got it on kindle.).

Recommended.

Blade's Desire [Desire, Oklahoma 2] (Siren Publishing Classic)
Blade's Desire [Desire, Oklahoma 2] (Siren Publishing Classic)
Price: 2.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and very hot, 11 Nov 2012
Other reviewers have covered the story so I won't bother. Leah is an excellent writer and I thoroughly enjoyed this BDSM love story between the sexy, hunky, stern Blade and lovely, curvy, feisty Kelly.

The sex scenes were extremely hot and the action was very exciting.

I have only one criticism and that is the use of the word Dominate. It is not only Leah who uses it incorrectly but some other US writers too, as in; "Her complete surrender to him spurred his dominate nature to even greater heights". It should be "his dominaNT nature". the first word is a verb and the second is an adjective. The adjective is appropriate here. I'm sorry to be pedantic but it just niggles me when an otherwise practically perfectly written novella is spoiled by this error.

I still greatly enjoyed this story and I will be continuing with the series. I love the mix of BDSM amd Menage stories it contains. Two of my favourite genres.

The Sacrifice
The Sacrifice

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan of all Evangeline's books and like another reviewer I am waiting with eager anticipation for Exiled, her latest Brides of the Kindred book which should be out soon.

The Sacrifice was a brilliant story of magic and mayhem with lovely witch Emma and sensual vampire Aiden. It was the sexiest book of Evangeline's I've read and that's saying something! The love scenes were very erotic and the story was extremely well written, as usual, with a great HEA.

Highly recommended.

Begging for It (1-800-DOM-help)
Begging for It (1-800-DOM-help)
Price: 2.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the title, 4 Nov 2012
Unless Delilah is planning a series, this could have just been called 1-800-DOM-help. I didn't think the first part of the title was at all appropriate. It was not a trashy tale!

I loved this story. It was moving, sensual and romantic (eventually). TJ was a finely drawn, moving heroine and Cross was just amazing. I wish there were more men like him. I really liked Tanner, too.

From the horror of Fallujah to the intensity of Unfettered, I thoroughly enjoyed the revelations of TJs journey.

I look forward to enjoying more of Mrs Devlin's vast array of stories in many different genres.

Saddled
Saddled
Price: 1.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Delilah does it again, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: Saddled (Kindle Edition)
This was a well written, well edited cowboy Menage story.

I love the characters whom Delilah writes extremely well and I was involved from the start.

The love scenes were pretty involved and I felt that I needed stick figure diagrams for some of the positions. I also have not come across one of the menage positions described in this book (apart from a "Brides of the Kindred" book by Evangeline Anderson which involved alien twins whose man parts were specially made to be entwined!). Perhaps I'm more naive than I though I was!

In spite of (and possibly because of) the interesting love making I found this a very erotic story and enjoyed it very much.

Recommended author.

Aluminium Credit Card Holder
Aluminium Credit Card Holder
Price: 0.01 - 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little card holder, 31 Oct 2012
This card holder is brilliant. I have recently changed from a huge handbag, which I referred to as my brick because it was that heavy, to a tiny one which I have to pack in the style of Ikea! Even though it is like a Tardis I had been keeping my cards 1) loose - risky 'cos I could have pulled a few out at a time and 2) in a bus pass holder a friend bought me for my 60th birthday, as a joke I think - not ideal nor very classy.

This lovely electric Turquoise card holder is just the right size and so handy. It holds my bank/credit cards and my shop loyalty cards (I had to put 2 in the same slot but hey!). It is easy to open which is good as I have arthriticky thumbs but conversely it is easy to close firmly.
An added bonus is that it also blocks RFID (Whatever that may be. I must look it up!). I'm sure it is very useful and I imagine something to do with stopping unscrupulous people reading your bank cards.

Last but not least it goes with my car which is also metallic Turquoise!

I feel proud to pull it out of my mini handbag (The card holder not my car - it's not that much of a Tardis), open it with a flourish and hand my card to the retailer. It makes shopping worthwhile - And I hate shopping!

A highly recommended item.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 2:18 PM GMT

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-24