Profile for Mr. James R. Taylor > Reviews

Content by Mr. James R. T...

Mr. James R. Taylor "One time sailing club vice commodore" (West Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chariots Of Fire (w/Soundtrack)
Chariots Of Fire (w/Soundtrack)
Offered by rightpricediscs
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Entertaining DVD with the Addition of a CD of Vangelis, 23 Nov 2011
A most entertaining DVD with the addition of a separate CD of Vangelis music relevant to the film. I am not qualified to comment on the technical aspects of the film,I watch for pleasure. This film delivers the goods plus. I was a little confused by the intial reference in the advert to the "Soundtrack" but it turned out to be a big plus ( although I still have the Vangelis tape that my wife bought me years ago).

Growing Windowsill Orchids (Kew Growing)
Growing Windowsill Orchids (Kew Growing)
by Philip Seaton
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is the Only Orchid Book You Will Need, 23 Nov 2011
This book provides the beginner, like myself, with all the information you need to start looking after the orchids you have bought. We all want to grow them to flower at least twice, that is what I aim for. This book, with many diagrams (a picture is worth a thousand words) is full of helpful drawings and photographs. I bought other books, but this book beats them all

Velveteen Rabbit
Velveteen Rabbit
by Gennady Spirin

4.0 out of 5 stars JRT, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: Velveteen Rabbit (Hardcover)
The book had a greeting written inside the front cover, which had in part been scribbled out. It was therefore not suitable as a gift[although it was not new, but old anyway] but my wife was not concerned about that. The rest of the book was fine.

USB LED Optical Wired Scroll Wheel Mini Mouse Mice For PC Laptop - Black
USB LED Optical Wired Scroll Wheel Mini Mouse Mice For PC Laptop - Black
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)
Price: 1.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A completly satisfactory device, 20 April 2011
I purchased this for my wife to use on her laptop. She has arthritis in her hands so using the pads provided was not easy for her. She is perfectly happy with this mouse. Not a lot more to say about it, unless one actually purchased a selection of different mice, one mouse seems much like another.

Perhaps one should write these reviews after a year !

Wonders of the Universe [DVD]
Wonders of the Universe [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brian Cox
Price: 9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars More Wonders, simply explained, 20 April 2011
I saw thes programmes on TV so I have not viewed the DVD yet. I view DVD's when I have carers in, it makes conversation easy. However, having seen Brian Cox on a TV competition prgramme where other contestants had to guess if he was lying or not, the humourous thought crossed my mind, "What about the DVD's he is selling ?" But he comes from Oldham, as I do, so he must be genuine.

Much thought must have gone into the DVD, selecting places on earth which explained similar sights in space. Some of the times/distances are mind bogglingly very large
or very small. I amamazed that someone has been able to calculate them. Like his first DVD this one will be one that can be watched several times and learn a bit more every time. Not to be missed.

Marmite Yeast Extract Paste in a Glass Jar 250 g (Pack of 4)
Marmite Yeast Extract Paste in a Glass Jar 250 g (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Try Tesco first, 20 April 2011
Marmite- you either love it or hate it. My wife said it was cheaper in Tesco. No further comment.

Peter Kay - Live At The Top Of The Tower / Live At The Bolton Albert Halls (2 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Price: 11.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Peter Kay, 20 April 2011
I purchased these DVDs for a friend from Bolton and for myself. I read the reviews on other of PK's DVDs which were not complimentary. I have not watched these two yet, but I expect them to be of a high standard.

JANSPORT Trolley backpack with laptop compartment DRIVER 8 - Size: 36 X 52 X 26 cm - Fabric: Polyester and Nylon - Padded pocket for laptop - Tuck away shoulder straps - Retractable handle with 2 heights - Colour: Blue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my wife, 19 April 2011
My wife is very plesed with this backpack. She can use the handle in airports where the may be a long way to walk, She uses the straps when she has to pull her suitcase in one hand and her handbag in the other.

She suffers from arthritis in her back and other joints so has found this very useful.

The Magic Apple Tree: A Country Year
The Magic Apple Tree: A Country Year
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A purchase for my wife, 19 April 2011
This book was purchased for my wife. She is a retired librarian, and was very pleased with it

Allegri: Miserere / Palestrina: Stabat Mater
Allegri: Miserere / Palestrina: Stabat Mater
Price: 7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A CD bought for a friend of my wife's, 19 April 2011
This was bought for a friend. She was pleased with it, cheaper than in the shops (if available). I have not heard it played.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3