Profile for TOOTS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Best Of Nickelback Volume 1
The Best Of Nickelback Volume 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome band, still not truly recognised!, 4 Nov. 2013
Awesome band and awesome music! It gets 4 stars because there's nothing previously unreleased! Because I am a close follower, I don't need this playlist... Where to start? Is this even a good playlist? Not one bad song here that's for sure, maybe the balance is a bit off, I am able to recognise 5 of these tracks as "heavy Nickelback". These being; "Burn it to the ground", "Figured you Out", "Never Again", "Animals" and "Something in Your Mouth". Also I must say, why are there 6 All the Right Reasons songs on here and only 2 Here and Now songs (of which neither are heavy!)? Surely they have something further planned? A Vol. 2 perhaps, a playlist where we will see something new, a playlist which includes more heavier material, songs like "Side of a Bullet", "Because of You", "Woke Up this Morning" and "This Means War", maybe there will be some live recordings in a possible further release? Who knows? This playlist I feel isn't enough, it doesn't give the full picture!!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2015 12:05 PM BST

Razor Ripstik Replacement Wheel Set silver Size:25x8.75x3.13
Razor Ripstik Replacement Wheel Set silver Size:25x8.75x3.13
Offered by Toptoyz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Original awesome quality wheels!, 4 Oct. 2013
I had my doubts about these wheels when I read the reviews about them on Amazon.com. One of the reviewers said that these are too big for the Ripstik DLX, but they certainly are not... In fact, they are a perfect fit! I'm back on a smooth ride and to loving my casterboard!!

Razor 15055099 RipStik DLX Caster Board
Razor 15055099 RipStik DLX Caster Board

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product!, 29 Sept. 2013
Definitely go for the Ripstik brand if you are looking for a casterboard, many choices out there, but few good options! I personally feel quite safe on it, the board is very sturdy and the wheels have lasted over three months which is great! It doesn't wobble, it is strong enough to allow you to put the muscle into it so that you can go uphill as well! Very very pleased with it, not very popular here in the UK, people just don't know about them, quite likely to get some attention when on one!

Live in Session
Live in Session

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad listen!, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Live in Session (MP3 Download)
Sometimes you can discover some good stuff through Amazon, always willing to listen to something new, unless of course it's been in the charts and this little and young group is promising, I might buy some of their albums in the future, they remind me of CCR and how they sound!

I Feel Free
I Feel Free

5.0 out of 5 stars One cover you don't want to miss!, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: I Feel Free (MP3 Download)
Covering songs and releasing them is always appealing I think! The Foo Fighters have done an awesome job with this song, it just sounds great, really good beat! It also helps you discover other artists/bands, in this instance; "Cream", which is the band Clapton was involved with and the original version of the song is also worth listening to, even if it is a little slower!

Learn in Your Car: Russian, Level 1
Learn in Your Car: Russian, Level 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, quite accurate!, 19 Sept. 2013
What I will say about this, is that I don't think it should be used as your first source for learning the language, listening to it is good, but I myself prefer to write and then talk, others may see it differently. There are so many ways to learn a language, but in this day and age, people seem to want to steer away from books and pencils, in my opinion, you can't beat the old fashioned methods, so what I tend to do is listen to the tracks on this set of recordings very very carefully and write everything I hear, just write it, I won't necessarily read it afterwards, but as long as I know that what I have written is grammatically correct and the spelling is faultless, I can rest and say it was worth it, because the memory of looking up the spelling and writing everything slowly becomes very solid in my mind, I recommend it therefore, but not as a primary source!

Dark Horse
Dark Horse

5.0 out of 5 stars Concrete dime!, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dark Horse (Audio CD)
As always, just another instance where a Nickelback album starts off with a heavy piece of rock or two! The two opening tracks are just so apt for grabbing your attention. I have always preferred Nickelback's heavy side from the more ballad side. A few good examples of heavy Nickelback are "Never Again" & "Woke Up This Morning" from Silver Side Up, "Because Of You" & "Figured You Out" from the "Long Road", "Animals" & "Side Of A Bullet" from "All The Right Reasons" and from their most recent album I'd definitely go with "This Means War" which just sounds completely mad and awesome!! This will always be my favourite album, so discreet and shouting for attention in the corner that it's hiding in, you just can't fault it for quality. People have to discover their heavy side, there's more to what you hear on the radio!!

Safe Trip Home: Deluxe Edition
Safe Trip Home: Deluxe Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a worthwhile album!, 5 Sept. 2013
When I saw that the average grade for this album here on Amazon is only 3.5/5, I thought to myself, no, no no no! This album is more than worthy of not just one listen but a regular visit! It's really under-rated, the music on it, is sad, true, but that doesn't mean it's bad quality. Rarely will you find an album out there of this calibre, it deserves the attention, just because it's different from previous releases in Dido's name doesn't mean a thing! She really is a crowd pleaser and the beauty of this album is priceless, personally my favourite tracks are; "Us 2 Little Gods", "It Comes and It Goes" and the opening track - "Don't Believe in Love" I mean , you really have to respect an artist that you follow and believe in, whatever they have to offer, this is a remarkable album and don't forget, it's Dido!

Switch (UK Version)
Switch (UK Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and good oldie!, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Switch (UK Version) (MP3 Download)
Thought that I needed this since I have Will's Greatest Hits and this isn't on it and overall not sorry about buying this mp3, it's pretty good even without the two other versions that it comes with! Gotta love Will Smith!

Dido - Live At Brixton Academy (DVD + Bonus CD)
Dido - Live At Brixton Academy (DVD + Bonus CD)
Dvd ~ Dido
Offered by BestSellerRecordshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! This is music!, 29 Aug. 2013
Was a bit disappointed when I found out that two of my favourite tracks in the concert are not actually featured on the CD, those being "Hunter" and "Don't leave home", but the quality of the music is amazing, don't give me none of that rubbish that's on the charts today! This is what you call music!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10