Profile for TOOTS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
No Fixed Address
No Fixed Address

5.0 out of 5 stars Pizzazz!, 17 Nov 2014
This review is from: No Fixed Address (Audio CD)
Where have they been hiding it??!! There's definitely some experimentation on this record! Does that make them boring? No of course! When the 4th track fired up in my ear-drums, the first thought was: Crikey wow! This is definitely a positive direction. Makes me wonder what they used as inspiration in order to get to that result! I've only listened to it a total of 2 times through, but so far I'm impressed and very intrigued!

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Orange
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep end jump from border-line button phone!, 26 Oct 2014
This is my first Smartphone full stop and making a significant jump from a W995 Sony ((Ericsson) as they were called back then). I was adamant jumping into the Smartphone lifestyle and held out for as long as I could. I waited for Sony to have a good few Smartphones in it's history and ideally I found the Z3 compact a good opportunity to dive in the deep end. I bought this out right, cause I though a contract is too heavy a liability at 28-30 pound a month on a 24 month basis. So, my thoughts? I think this phone is really hard to fault! I haven't noticed a single thing I don't like about it. It's very speedy, easy to adapt to, not that I needed it to be idiot proof, technology is easy to control these days, plus I'm only in my early 20s. Camera is top-notch as you've probably already read from other reviewers. I'm a music enthusiast, I can safely say, and the memory potential is really useful and something I will sooner or later make the most of. Somewhere down the line I will see what it's like to play PlayStation games I'm sure. If I buy myself a controller, I can buy games online and play them, no complications whatsoever as far as I can tell, I don't know if someone wants to add to this discussion, but, moving on, I am careful with my phones as I have always been, so the fact that it's waterproof is not hugely important to me, though I must admit, it does put other phones to shame because of it and it is impressive. I've had three days use from this phone so far and am finding things very fluid, have downloaded the Amazon music app and for now, if I want to listen to music that I don't directly have saved into my phone, I can fire it up at home with the Wi-Fi connection and again that's fairly straight-forward! This phone is powerful! Very soon, I will try Skype and think it's safe to expect an easy use from it!

Edge Of A Revolution [Explicit]
Edge Of A Revolution [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints!, 24 Aug 2014
Loving this for all the right reasons! A conspiracy anthem is something I don't think they're ever done before, but it's very welcome!

The Complete Experience - Part 1 & Part 2
The Complete Experience - Part 1 & Part 2

5.0 out of 5 stars True Blood, (guitar*)!!, 10 Aug 2014
Would have paid more for this two album set. When I saw the price of 2.99 I just couldn't resist! Anyways, highlights to this double album are; "Tunnel Vision", "That Girl", "Take Back The Night" and "Not A Bad Thing". Additionally, if you have gone for this playlist like I have then, you should look up "Body Count" which is an extra track offered on the first part deluxe edition, bought that separately and it was worth it! "Suit & Tie" is not a bad single either actually, just don't like what Jay Z offers to that song, but that's my opinion. Finally, "Mirrors", also a good track, just a tad too long though! Will be listening to this album thoroughly as I feel JT is a good source of music when it comes to R&B and Pop.

Man of Steel [DVD]
Man of Steel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Henry Cavill

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive! Electrifying and beautiful suit!, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Man of Steel [DVD] (DVD)
I can only really review what I have seen in this film. Whether other people think there are avenues that were not opened up is irrelevant I think... So ..., from what I've seen, this film deserves 5 stars because we finally see Superman express himself in an angry state, something that's never really been done properly before. Christopher Reeve, bless him, you have to admire him for the gentle nature he gave his character and those films also have to be admired. It's good to see this side of Superman, whoever you are, you're bound to get angry if someone poses a threat to your mother, it was a quite a nice surprise to see that happen. The only thing that I think wasn't necessary, was the kiss between Superman and Lois. Traditionally, we get to explore Clark and the kiss comes later, so that felt a little out of place. Overall, I'd happily watch this again! The suit by the way is epic! Superman actually looks like a man, natural but different in his own way, this is evidenced by the upper chest hair you see momentarily when you get a close-up of the big guy!

Crazy Stupid Love [feat. Tinie Tempah] [Clean]
Crazy Stupid Love [feat. Tinie Tempah] [Clean]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, rap and snap!, 9 Aug 2014
Thought I might add to the already positive reception to this song, I quite like the level of surprise I felt when I first heard it and have had it played in my ears several times since first listening to it, as I believe it's a decent summer themed piece of music. Good on Cheryl for trying something different and being experimental!

Lazaretto
Lazaretto

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, just a tad on the tame side though!, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Lazaretto (Audio CD)
While this isn't a bad album in any way, I cant help but compare it to Blunderbuss and I think the former was more fun and satisfying overall. "Freedom at 21" is gonna be a tough cookie to beat and there's nothing here that quite reaches the same heights! "I'm shakin" was also a favourite during the very start of taking in the first listens and quite rightfully ended up being a single. So, back to this album, the title track is most likely going to be the people's favourite. Track 9 is quite an interesting listen, probably will be my second favourite on the playlist. Not much left to add really... I'm not sorry I forked out for this album!

Panasonic ER-GK40 Silver Body Shaver
Panasonic ER-GK40 Silver Body Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 20 May 2014
This shaver is worth buying for the price offered, it does a good job, the only thing that concerns me about it is that for a full hair guy like myself, the complete process of shaving myself everywhere from the waste down and also my under-arms and chest takes a few hours and the battery only lasts around the half hour mark for a quality shave, I find it works better the more battery it has in it! If however, you are not shaving yourself for the first time in a year and groom yourself fairly often, it probably doesn't need more than one charge to do the complete shebang!

Razor Ripstik Berry Caster Board / Skateboard
Razor Ripstik Berry Caster Board / Skateboard
Price: £45.66 - £213.90

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect skate board!, 24 April 2014
This is not just a joy ride, it takes patience, understanding, repetition, dedication and a big bottle. When I saw one was on offer for sale about a year ago, I decided to spontaneously buy it, used it the day I got it and was absolutely rubbish at it, used it the next day and gave myself a number of bruises and cuts and then I almost gave up with it. About two months later, I moved to a little town in Hertfordshire, called Stevenage and couldn't resist to try it again seeing as I was surrounded by hills. 9 months down the road I've had replacement wheels installed on mine a number of times and now can almost do the Ollie, no easy task on two wheels. My suggestion is that if you are young at heart and what something to spice your life up, consider this! I have been to a number of towns over the past year and have seen hundreds of ordinary skateboards but I haven't seen anyone else with one of these! Some pointers of advice, if you're gonna buy this, expect to have accidents with it, balancing on it alone takes a while to get used to. I've never used a helmet personally but most people should, as of lately I've been using protective gloves as that's the first thing you land on if you do fall. Also, stay away from traffic while you're still using it as an amateur, as it's easy to get carried away when you think you've got pretty good control but actually kidding yourself. Can't recommend this board enough, I wish more people used them!

(Acoustic Sessions Part 2)
(Acoustic Sessions Part 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy covers!, 21 April 2014
"Blue on Black" is the best cover of theirs in this set by far! (It's on the first part by the way). Secondly, "Sitting on the dock of the bay" for some reason gives me the spine chills, Brent sings it so beautifully and the whistling is spot on as well, so faultless. My only problem with the ten track session is the cover of "In the air tonight", that is just one song that will never be bettered and also you shouldn't even try if you're gonna leave out the drums! They really did justice of Adele! Really good!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9