Profile for C. Frost > Reviews

Content by C. Frost

C. Frost "Charlie Frost" (Sheffield, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Cut the Carbs: 100 Recipes to Help You Ditch White Carbs and Feel Great
Cut the Carbs: 100 Recipes to Help You Ditch White Carbs and Feel Great
by Tori Haschka

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for coeliacs / gluten free / Paleo, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I loved the photography and straight forward receipes in this book. Its real "healthy eating" not faddy dieting. Most recipes would be adaptable to whatever diet you are on. Recommended for anyone wanting to clean up their eating but confused about what to replace the junk with

IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer
IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 12 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The only way this may have caused me to have more colour is unsightly brown patches on my face that came out in the sun. Who knows if that was anything to do with this product or not but I certainly didn't get a better tan

Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
No better than any other screen protector. I didn't find the plastic applicator thing made it any easier to apply the screen, I ended up havingto take it off and do it manually anyway. You can get screen protectors so cheap now I don't think this is any better than any others that I've tried.

Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker
Tacwise A14014V 140-Staples Air Stapler Tacker

3.0 out of 5 stars My mistake...!, 27 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My own fault, but I didn't realise this needs a compressor to work! I thought it was just going to be like a giant stapler!! Doh. Well, on that basis, I haven't been able to use it so I've given it a neutral score. Just thought I'd point this out for anyone else who is clueless about these things!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2014 8:22 PM BST

Black & Decker KX3300T Wallpaper Stripper 2400 Watt 4 Litr
Black & Decker KX3300T Wallpaper Stripper 2400 Watt 4 Litr

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew up on the first use!, 27 July 2014
The item must have overheated on its first use because it blew the fuse for all my sockets in the house on the first use, after I refilled it.

Create That Summer Beach Body
Create That Summer Beach Body
Offered by ThinkingSlimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using Slimpods for 2 years and lost a stone - and kept it off!, 12 Jun 2014
I've found the Slimpod CDS to be really relaxing when I go to sleep, I tend to drift off halfway through but apparently this is not a problem as your subconscious is still listening! I find it makes me feel really positive about myself and my body image, and I find I comfort eat less. I've tried about 5 of them now and this has been my latest favourite for the summer months. Definitely worth a try.

How to Change Your Life: Who am I and What Should I Do with My Life?
How to Change Your Life: Who am I and What Should I Do with My Life?
by Benjamin Bonetti

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped with depression, 7 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this book after a change of life circumstances left me feeling unconfident in my own abilities and not sure what I had to offer. I felt like I wasn't fitting in well with my friends and colleagues anymore and wondered if I should leave my job etc. I started having counselling but due to expense I found I couldn't go as often as I liked.This book echoed a lot of what my counsellor told me and its really just common sense, but the kind of thing that you can't see for yourself when you're struggling with self esteem issues. It helped me a lot, and I feel that it is one of the tools that I'll refer back to if ever I find myself starting to feel down again.

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Conditioner 200 ml
Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Conditioner 200 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars As a hairdresser... its ok but not great, 9 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have previously worked for a major haircare manufacturer and regularly try new products from supermarket to professional level. For the price this product is ok, it smells luxurious and has a rich and creamy consistency, and my chemically-processed hair feels soft after use. I don't think it stands out above anything else on the market and am dubious about how it can claim to have any anti-aging effect. This conditioner did a good job of detangling my hair and smoothing it out, but was a little heavy if used every day so I had to alternate it with a lighter one. I don't feel like it had any long-lasting effect on the condition of my hair, any benefit seemed quite superficial and only lasted until I shampooed with aa different brand.

I'm happy to use the rest of the bottle but I wouldn't buy it again.

Veet Face Precision Wax and Care Cream 10 ml
Veet Face Precision Wax and Care Cream 10 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat applicator but very sticky, 9 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never been into waxing at home as I find it very sticky and hard to keep the wax at the right temperature. I hoped this product would be the answer as the neat applicator allows you to apply to a small area at a time. That aspect was good and the small wax strips were also easy to handle, but as usual the wax quickly cooled down if taken out of the cup of boiling water,; the wax strip then doesn't pull the hair off properly. If left in the water between aplications it becomes too hot. One thing I did find really useful was that the product has a wax applicator at one end and a finishing cream at the other, so you don't have several bottles from a waxing kit rolling around in your bathroom cabinet.

This product did get the job done but it took ages to get it right. Let me add here that my eyebrow hair is very fine, goodness knows how much trouble this would cause somone with big, bushy brows! I think I'll just keep paying £5 to have my brows threaded each month, trying to wax myself is too much hassle! This might come in useful for the odd tidy-up between appointments though.

SmartShake Orange Zest Edition Purple Orange Shaker
SmartShake Orange Zest Edition Purple Orange Shaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handy size, looks great, 9 Mar 2014
Shakes up my protein shake with no lumps, and is a handy size to carry around. Perfect for going away for the weekend, as I can take numerous portions and even supplements too, and it has a clip to put on my gym bag or keyring. Its well made and hasn't leaked at any time. I'm really happy with the product

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8