Profile for Liz Penn > Reviews

Content by Liz Penn

Liz Penn "shell" (Bristol)

Page: 1 | 2
Three Mothers
Three Mothers
by Sonia Lambert

5.0 out of 5 stars It is an absolutely brilliant portrayal of the relationships, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Three Mothers (Paperback)
I can't believe that this novel is not more widely recognized. I picked it randomly from my library, and I couldn't put it down. It is an absolutely brilliant portrayal of the relationships, sometimes too close for comfort, between mothers and daughters. Love, life and death, family secrets and lies are all recounted with unerring honesty. A huge thank you to Sonia Lambert for this amazing book. Elizabeth Leaming (author of 'Shells In Her Pocket')

Kitchen Craft Home Made Nylon Straining Bag, 30cm (12 inch)
Kitchen Craft Home Made Nylon Straining Bag, 30cm (12 inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Feb. 2014
Just what I needed to make the jelly making season go smoothly. This is so much better than my home made contraption and when washed the stain of the juice disappears.

The Rainbow
The Rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars My 'Desert Island' book, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I first read this book when I was a teenager. Since then I have regularly returned to it, finding something new every time, as my experience of life changes. Although somewhat out of fashion at the moment, I believe that Lawrence is still one of our greatest writers and his observations of male and female relationships are as relevant today as when he wrote them.

The Kennedy Baby: The Loss That Transformed JFK (Kindle Single)
The Kennedy Baby: The Loss That Transformed JFK (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars The story we didn't know, 13 Feb. 2014
This fills in some of the background to the Kennedy assassination just months after their baby died. Jackie and John are brought together by the death of their son.

Life Without Limits PB
Life Without Limits PB
by VUJICIC NICK

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Life Without Limits PB (Paperback)
What an inspirational book. I first became aware of Nick in a video clip shown at church and I had to read his life story. It's full of courage and enthusiasm, told with wit and sound advice. I shall never feel sorry for myself again.

Bamboo sushi rolling mat, perfect for easy sushi rolling
Bamboo sushi rolling mat, perfect for easy sushi rolling
Offered by Concept4U (UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, 13 Feb. 2014
This is just what my daughter wanted so that she could make sushi for herself after being taught to do it on a recent trip to Japan.

Singled Out: How Two Million Women Survived without Men After the First World War

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 13 Feb. 2014
A fantastic read. So very sad to think of all those women left without a hope of being married after the First World War. The book covers a wide range of different women's experiences and highlights the full and varied lives many of the women led after the trauma of losing their loved ones.

The Complete Works of Jane Austen
The Complete Works of Jane Austen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant writing, 15 Oct. 2013
Brilliant writing - still so modern. Wonderful to read it again on Kindle and remember the stunning tv series again.

DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Paris
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Paris
by Collectif

1.0 out of 5 stars Handy size, 2 Jan. 2013
This pocket map and guide was perfect to help us negotiating Paris this year. Full of handy information for the first time traveller.

2013 God Is Always Watching Over You: Inspiring Words about God's Constant Presence in Our Lives

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 2 Jan. 2013
It is a lovely calender, but I would have liked it larger - I didn't check the size accurately on ordering.

Page: 1 | 2