Profile for Big Matt > Reviews

Content by Big Matt

Big Matt (Manchester England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Darn Tough 1913 Light Cushion Merino Wool Mid-Height Sock - 12+
Darn Tough 1913 Light Cushion Merino Wool Mid-Height Sock - 12+
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

5.0 out of 5 stars Super socks, 3 April 2015
Are these the best socks ever?
I think they just might be.
Extremely comfortable and non stinky. They fit well and wash well. As for life expectancy, time will tell.

No Cold Callers,Salesman Calling Warning House Sticker-Self Adhesive Vinyl Door or Window Sign
Offered by Platinum Place

5.0 out of 5 stars No Cold Calling, 3 April 2015
Sticky sticker that sticks. No cold calls since placing in window. 100% success rate.

Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black (Retail Packaging)
Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for Sony Xperia Z3 - Black (Retail Packaging)

1.0 out of 5 stars The cut outs on the side for the power button and volume controls are out by a good few millimeters and it makes using the butto, 3 April 2015
I don't know if i am just unlucky or if its a design flaw but this case doesn't fit properly. The cut outs on the side for the power button and volume controls are out by a good few millimeters and it makes using the buttons nearly impossible, its the same story with the headphone socket.
Maybe this is a counterfeit product not made to the original spec or maybe its just a quality control issue but either way i will be returning it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping table, 10 April 2014
We take this away with us when we go camping and use it as a kitchen top inside the tent.
Lightweight and sturdy it does everything you need it to.
Delivery was quick and it arrived intact without any marks others have mentioned.
I think it's a bargain for what you are getting and it would be great for car boot sales.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The incredible Hult, 10 April 2014
I've owned one of these for years and abused it when bushcrafting but I didn't really prepare the blade and eventually it rusted to the point I decided to chuck it in the bin.
I suggest dressing the blade with lemon juice for 30 mins before use. This will apply a protective coat on the blade and inhibit rust.
The knife is super strong and razor sharp. The sheath isn't up to much but so what at this price. I've tied so e para cord to it and wear it as a neck knife and I've wrapped some gaffer tape round part of a straw and then around the sheath to create a place to store my fire steel and also to provide me with a ready supply of tape should I need it.
Overall it's hard to justify spending any more on a knife when this one is so good. Obviously that doesn't stop me from owning loads of others and some are quite expensive but this is the one I find I use the most.

Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones with 3-Button Mic for iPhone/iPod - Black / Silver / Leather
Offered by WAC - Web Al Chilo Srl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bass, 10 April 2014
Having tried and returned some other headphones I decided to take a chance on these.
What HiFi gives them a 4 star review but that is based on a price tag of nearly £150 so at the bargain price on here I'd be prepared to grant them an extra star.
Even though they are not fully run in yet I have to say that the sound stage is impressive. The mid's will no doubt get a bit tighter after prolonged use but even now they are very good. Lots of clarity with the high end too but it's the bass that shines through at this stage. Not overpowering but certainly stealing the show.
These are also incredibly comfortable and seem really well made.
The remote works faultlessly on my iPhone 4s and I'm told the microphone is very clear.
The hard case with the 'full size' jack and airplane connector is a nice touch too and adds to the premium feel of the product.
I think they probably are worth £150 so at this price they are an absolute steal.

House of Marley Rise Up On Ear Headphones Caramel
House of Marley Rise Up On Ear Headphones Caramel

1.0 out of 5 stars Really uncomfortable, 5 April 2014
With very high hopes I ordered these cans, I already own other house of Marley headphones and love them but these were supremely uncomfortable.
I think it may be that I got a duff set as the earpads were unbalanced and there was significantly different pressure on each ear.
Despite a couple of hours of wearing and attempting to adjust the headphones I could not get them to fit at all.
I will be returning them.

Decrescent Razor 2.1A Thin USB Mains Power Adaptor for Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad (10 Year Manufacturer Warranty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel plug, 3 Feb. 2014
This works really well. Such a simple idea done so well. I used this to charge my iPhone whilst on holiday and had no issues whatsoever with it. It just works really really well.

USN Diet Fuel Ultralean Weight Control Meal Replacement Shake Powder, Vanilla - 1 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 16 Jan. 2014
Ok, I'm quite a fat (ish) bloke 18st 4lbs 6oz or at least I was 5 days ago when I weighed myself for the first time in a long time.
I have been replacing my breakfast and lunch with a shake and the results have been tremendous.
I have lost half a stone in 5 days without doing any exercise.
I've been pretty strict on snacking, allowing myself only a banana, apple, satsuma and popcorn. I've also dropped the sugar from my tea and coffee.
Just ordered the strawberry flavour as the vanilla is a bit, well, vanilla.
The shakes taste ok, don't leave you hungry and I haven't felt any drop in energy or suffered any other down sides from this "diet".
Hope it levels out a bit as I'm worried that the rate of weight loss is a bit too rapid but I'll keep an eye on things and maybe drop to one shake a day.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 4:32 AM GMT

USN 700 ml Shaker
USN 700 ml Shaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaker, 16 Jan. 2014
This review is from: USN 700 ml Shaker (Personal Care)
It is very good at what it does. Very difficult to write much more about it. It has a nice blue lid?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7