Profile for Mr. K. Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Griffiths

Mr. K. Griffiths (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Proxima Direct® USB Wireless Gaming Receiver PC Adapter for XBox 360 Games Controller Consoles - Win 7 Win 8 Compatible
Offered by Proxima Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Once Installed Excellent, 24 Aug 2014
This works really well once you figure out how to install it. It took me about 30 mins of searching on the internet to work out how to get this to work but once it was installed hasn't missed a beat.

The guide that I used:

17231 12x Compressed Air Duster Cleaner Spray Can 400 ml CFC Free
17231 12x Compressed Air Duster Cleaner Spray Can 400 ml CFC Free
Offered by delighttobuy

4.0 out of 5 stars Air in a Can, 24 Aug 2014
The cans have good pressure for cleaning the dust from components and it only works out at £2.50 per can

BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Blue
BRITA Fill&Go Water Filter Bottle Incl. 4 Filter Discs - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Filter bottle., 24 Aug 2014
I got 2 of these filter bottles one for me and one for my girlfriend and we both really like them. I had read some reviews that said that they leak but I have not found this issue yet and have been using them for a month.

Pros
Water taste good from the filter bottle
Holds a good amount of water

Cons
Need to replace the filter disc every week as the filter disc comes to the end it gets a little harder to suck the water through.

Belkin Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Router DSL (Cable Line)
Belkin Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Router DSL (Cable Line)
Offered by Luzern

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy With it., 12 July 2014
Got this on offer for £89.99 not from amazon.

Setup was quick. Allows you to broadcast both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time. Gives you the option of including a guest WIFI with a different password.

Been using it for about a week now with around 10 different devices connecting to it no issues no lag and no down time.

Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm Digital High Performance Rad Liquid Cooler for CPU
Offered by Appods

4.0 out of 5 stars good all in one CPU cooler, 29 May 2014
I have actually had two of these as the first one I had failed after three months some electrical issue with the pump. Corsair were willing to replace it if I sent it back to them in the Netherlands which cost about £50 which was a bit of a pain so be aware as the cooler itself only costs about £75 - £85 depending on where you buy it. Despite this problem I still love this cooler.

I am running mine with a i7 9430k overclocked to 4.4ghz. The H100i keeps the cpu just about cool enough to do this. my idle temps are around 32-38C and my full load temps hit around 85-90C depending on my room temp. The thermal past that comes pre-applied to the H100i is acquitted if it is installed correctly. The Corsair link software is not the best but it does the job for the one or two times you will use it.

Pros:
Really nice looking water block with the changeable LED corsair logo.
Good cooling
Will fit on a wide range of Motherboards
5 year warranty

Cons:
Cost about £50 if you have a problem with the corsair to get replaced
Fans a little are about 38 dBA at max speed which some can find too loud

50x Ultra Bright 3mm LEDs (Red)
50x Ultra Bright 3mm LEDs (Red)
Offered by Modiify

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Ultra Bright & no refund after returned, 29 May 2014
This review is from: 50x Ultra Bright 3mm LEDs (Red)
I bought these as they said they were ultra bright and I needed them for MODing a PC case. when they came they were standard LEDs not Ultra bright and the supplier offered me a refund if I sent them back but I never got the refund.

140mm Aluminium Mesh Fan Filter : Black
140mm Aluminium Mesh Fan Filter : Black
Offered by Specialtech

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality strong mesh, 29 May 2014
The mesh is firm, and wont bend easily and hit your fan. The build quality is very good no issues.

12cm x 12cm PC Cooler Fan Aluminum Dustproof Meshy Filter Black
12cm x 12cm PC Cooler Fan Aluminum Dustproof Meshy Filter Black
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as high quality as some around the same price, 29 May 2014
Its OK but the mesh is thin and very bendy so it can hit the fan if your not careful.

Overall decent enough, but I prefer the ones that have firm mesh.

Computer PC Fan Filter Aluminum Mesh Dust Guard Black 14cm x 14cm
Computer PC Fan Filter Aluminum Mesh Dust Guard Black 14cm x 14cm

Overall decent enough, but I prefer the ones that have firm mesh.

Sony Universal SmartWatch 2 SW2 with Bluetooth One Touch NFC for Smartphones with Android 4.0 - Black Silicone
Offered by TheTechTree-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars All-round good smart watch, 6 Oct 2013
I have had this watch for about a week now and after reading some poor reviews on the watch was a little worried about it. But so far haven't found any problems with mine. I had the second generation watch which I thought was OK but this new one is a massive step up. The product feels much more high end than the last one and you can new see the time in bright sunlight also it does not stick out on your wrist like the previous version. Sony say that the battery will last up to 7 days for low usage and 3-4 days on normal usage personally I am getting 2 days but I do get around 10-20 email alerts every day through the day and multiple texts and various other alerts that I have set up which is the reason I wanted a smart watch (2 alerts every 15 mins or so).

I have given the SW2 4 stars because the battery only lasts 2 days for my level of usage (1 day more compared to the last generation).

Pros:
Can read the time without switching the back-light on even in the sun
Battery lasts twice as long as the previous generation
IP57 water proof so you don't need to worry about damaging it when washing your hands
Bigger screen and 3 touch buttons
Sits better on your wrist compared with the last generation
One touch NFC link with phone

Cons
Bluetooth 3.0 when Bluetooth 4.0 is available and would help with battery issues.
Limited number of watch faces at the moment.

I'm using the SW2 with the Samsung galaxy S4 and it linked fine with no issues and I have not found any problems yet.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2013 4:29 PM GMT