Profile for Adam30 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sweet Nothings
Sweet Nothings

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back boys., 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Sweet Nothings (Audio CD)
What an amazing album, each song has it's own identity. It's doesn't seem as heavy as adultery was but that doesn't mean this doesn't rock hard. All the horns and keyboard are used to great effect. The tunes on this album are so infectious that you could be singing along and head banging all with the same song. A very under rated band which are welcomed back with open arms. I recently saw these at the barfly in London, the songs live really held up and made me love the album even more. I would highly recommend this album and back cat to new fans and if you like this try polkadot cadavor.

Total Recall
Total Recall

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Total Recall (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book and have wanted to read it since it came out, I really enjoyed reading about his childhood and body building and making movies. I started to read about his becoming governor, this is where I started to lose interest in the book and I ended up skipping a couple of chapters but I would still recommend this to people but I would let them know I skipped some but.

A New Tomorrow
A New Tomorrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: A New Tomorrow (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, I was surprised how detailed and how far it went back but also how much up to the present day it went. if you like silverchair and want to learn more about them I highly recommend this album.

The Box Lady and Other Pesticles (Warming Up Book 2)
The Box Lady and Other Pesticles (Warming Up Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 Feb 2014
I have always really like ed richard herring and this is just another collection of funny things that he has noticed on his day to day routine. I like ready his thoughts of him looking back and what he thinks of the richard herring back then. I can't recommend this book enough.

The Long Hard Road Out of Hell
The Long Hard Road Out of Hell

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, 30 Jan 2014
I've read this book a few times before but wanted to get it on the kindle. I really enjoyed reading it. there where things in the book that have always stuck with me since reading it before and I wanted to read them again. just as entertaining and you get to learn about Marilyn and that band and that it's always just been about the music although drugs always seem to be just round the corner. if your wanting to find out brian Warner to Marilyn Manson back story I'd highly recommend this book.

Got the Life: My Journey of Addiction, Faith, Recovery, and Korn
Got the Life: My Journey of Addiction, Faith, Recovery, and Korn

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 25 Jan 2014
I enjoyed reading this book but found it a harder book to finish than heads. I don't know why they are very similar in how the books and story it self is presented. the only this I can put it down to was as a fan of korn I've always found head a more interesting character so when I had the chance to learn about his time in korn I was more open to everything that was in the book. don't get me wrong hearing the beginning of korn through fieldy's eyes was interesting but when he found good I really struggled to read further. I did finish the book but felt it went from t all about the dark times in korn to the I found God and I sorted myself out apologised to everyone oh ans then korn done this. maybe it's just meet have a read and see what you think as there are some interesting bits about korn but I found the end kinda fizzled out.

The Calling: A John Luther Novel
The Calling: A John Luther Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 Jan 2014
I really can't say enough good things about this book I really enjoyed it. I couldn't put it down. I would say it's very disturbing but a great read if you liked the show you will love this, if you've never seen the show you love this just as much. I can't recommend enough.

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle fire, 17 Jan 2014
I got this from my partner for Christmas and I love it. To be honest I might not have purchased this myself but I'm really glad I ve got it. I find I read so much quicker with this and because of how easy it is to use ans I can read while my partner is watching telly I find myself trying to read at every opportunity. I do like the fact that it's a tablet and I have downloaded some apps and do use it to browse the net, but what I find is that I'm just eager to get reading again. I wish it had a lock screen as anyone can access my Amazon account which concerns me but that will be my only gripe and not enough to mark it down. Some people have complained about the special offers. In all honestly I haven't noticed it enough to bother me. This is my first kindle so the fact it doesn't have Skype hasn't bothered me and if it did have it I probably wouldn't use it anyway preferring to use face time to chat to relatives abroad.

Save Me from Myself: How I Found God, Quit Korn, Kicked Drugs, and Lived to Tell My Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 9 Jan 2014
I must admit I really wasn't sure how I would cope with this book. I have always enjoyed korns music but felt they really lost something when head left. I have toyed with buying this book for sometime as I really wanted to understand what made him leave and also some insight into the band but was worries when he discovered Christ would I lose interest, just switch off etc. just so you know I in fact read the whole book and enjoyed it too. I found out a lot about korns early days and when he found Christ it was interesting too see what a positive impact it had on his life. I wouldn't consider myself a Christian but I would say if your nterested in korn read this book and its very insightful with some really sad moments but your worried about the Christian theme just see that as a positive life chance that helped head through some really dark times and as he says made him a better person but just because he felt it work for him doesn't mean it has to for you or you have to agree with everything he is saying.

Rob Delaney: Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 2 Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this book, I found it very funny and insightful. I would highly recommended. I found rob very open about a lot of his life and that he didn't hold back. Some of the subjects he has discussed in his stand-up show but didn't feel like old ground. My only complaint would be the format on the kindle, with the Twitter jokes. it would start then the next page would be a new chapter then with the end of the Twitter joke 10 or so pages on losing the momentum of the joke. Would recommended this though.

Page: 1 | 2