Profile for Madonna Fan 1988 > Reviews

Content by Madonna Fan 1988

Madonna Fan 1988 (Hertfordshire)

Relapse
Relapse

5.0 out of 5 stars Guess who's back, back again, Shady's back, tell a friend, 22 May 2009
This review is from: Relapse (Audio CD)
What a massive comeback album! From the fast-paced lyrical prowess of "3 a.m." to the almost pop-friendly "Crack a Bottle" which features rap heavyweights Dr. Dre and 50 Cent. Favourite songs on the album have got to be: "Hello", "Same Song & Dance", "Beautiful" and the first single "We Made You". Only disappointing factor on the album for me is the inclusion of "My Mom" - which, in my humble opinion, is a disatrous attempt from Slim Shady to verbally attack his mother (whether it's true or false what he sings). Worth buying definitely! Better than Encore and D12 World but nowhere near as a masterful and compelling as The Marshall Mathers LP. Long live you Em, you rule man!

Bring Ya To The Brink
Bring Ya To The Brink

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT RETURN. WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT IT?, 2 Dec 2008
This review is from: Bring Ya To The Brink (Audio CD)
I can't quite believe how good this album actually is. When she released her debut I wasn't even born, but I've grown to love her different styles of music. This album has some truly outstanding tracks i.e. 'Into The Nightlife' - an epic, high-octane dance song that you can't help but groove to when it's on. 'High and Mighty' is a really clever little ditty, with the lyrics matching the irrepressible beat. 'Same O'l Story' is cool, although not one to have on in your parents' company - she says the 'F' word more times in 5 minutes than Gordon Ramsay has in about 40 years. The absolutely mega track is 'Lay Me Down' - what a superb beat! If she releases this in the UK she's sure to have a massive hit on her hands. I can see the video now - Cyndi jiving all around London! 5/5, overall a compelling 45 minutes or so of music. Well done Ms. Lauper - you've certainly brought us to the brink.

Circus [Deluxe Edition]
Circus [Deluxe Edition]

4.0 out of 5 stars STEADY COMEBACK...STILL THE PRINCESS OF POP!, 2 Dec 2008
This review is from: Circus [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
Having listened to this album a few times, I am beginning to really like it. The better songs on the album are 'Circus' - which I predict will be massive when released, 'Kill The Lights', 'Out From Under' and 'Shattered Glass'. My favourite track is 'If You Seek Amy' - I agree with the other reviewers that this is one of Britney's catchiest songs ever. If it's released as a single, along with a decent video, I reckon it could go to No 1 both here and stateside. There is one track I definitely wouldn't recommend and that is 'Mannequin' - I understand that Britney's trying to mix it up with this song, but for me it just doesn't sound right. Overall I'd give this album 4 out of 5. I completely disagree with some of the reviewers about the album being the best of this decade - it doesn't even get in the top 10 in that category. A good return to form but not world-shattering.

Offered by Renegade Sports Group Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars They keep getting better!, 27 Oct 2008
Catfights and Spotlights

After the release of 'Girls' I wasn't really expecting a decent album from the girls. I'm glad I've been pleasantly surprised though! My track by track review is below.

1. Girls - One of the worst songs recorded by the 'babes.

2. You On A Good Day - Best song on album and marks a change of direction for the girls.

3. No Can Do - A good, catchy track but nothing special.

4. Hanging On A Star - Like this, it's a grower.

5. Side Chick - Second best on album. Hopefully released as a single.

6. Unbreakable Heart - Heartfelt uptempo ballad, a nice song.

7. Sunday Rain - Good backing music and well-sung lyrics.

8. Every Heart Broken - Uptempo and dancy song.

9. Beware - Third best on album. Possibly a single.

10. Nothing's As Good As You - Pop perfection. A typical 'babes song.

11. Sound Of Goodbye - Steady ballad, nothing special.

12. Can We Call A Truce - Strong track and meaningful lyrics.

13. About You Now (Acoustic) - Nice version. Could be a bit longer.

14. She's A Star - A good collaboration between Taio and the girls.

Overall, a good follow-up to the last year's dismal 'Change'.
I hope the Sugababes continue to make pop music of this kind for years to come. They are the best girlband around at the moment. Carry on girls!

Spirit
Spirit
Offered by Media Vortex

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the albums of 2007!, 16 Nov 2007
This review is from: Spirit (Audio CD)
Leona's really pulled it out of the bag with this exceptional effort. The album starter and current single 'Bleeding Love' is a phenomenal song and deserves to be the UK's No.1 single at the moment. 'Whatever It Takes' didn't catch me at first but having listened to it again I have grown to really like it. 'Homeless' is the best song on the album for me - a combination of remarkable production and thoughtful lyrics should ensure this is a top hit if it ever gets released. 'Better In Time' is also a strong contender for song of the album with its dreamy beat and carefree sound. After this song the album takes a dip in form apart from the one exception that is 'Take A Bow' - a wonderful song which Leona sings so well. The album never regains its brilliance after that really. 8/10 from me - well done Leona!

Blackout
Blackout
Offered by hifi-media-store

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprising comeback for Britney., 4 Nov 2007
This review is from: Blackout (Audio CD)
Who in their right mind would have expected such a brilliant return for Britney? Every track on this album is first class - it's amazing how her personal life has spiralled out of control and yet she pulls out a momentous pop/dance/R'n'B record that will be remembered as one of her best for years to come. I think 'Piece of Me' deserves to be the next single release as it's one of the strongest on the album. 'Radar' is a good album track, but not potential single material for me. 'Heaven on Earth' stands out, as does 'Ooh Ooh Baby' and 'Hot as Ice'. My favourite song on the album is 'Get Naked (I Got a Plan)' - with its mesmerising beat it's a sure fire winner. An exceptional return to form for one of the most publicised singers of all time.

Always
Always
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent return to form!, 9 Oct 2007
This review is from: Always (Audio CD)
I have to admit after the dismal effort that was ''Play To Win'' I wasn't expecting great things to emerge from this album. How wrong I was to think that! This album grows stronger and stronger with every listen. Firstly the lyrics are breathtaking, and the production that has gone into the album is astonishing. My favourite tracks are ''Always'', ''Why'' and ''I Remember''. Although this album hasn't set the charts alight upon early release I believe it will be a contender for album of the year! Well done Gabrielle - you've done it again.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Collection of Beautiful Songs., 9 Sep 2007
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Until this very day to say I wasn't a Lighthouse Family fan would have been a complete understatement. I have just bought this greatest hits collection of theirs and I'm astonished at how good they are. 'Lifted' is just the perfect song to listen to. 'Ocean Drive' keeps up the standard and I also adore 'Raincloud'.

This is a sublime album and whatever style of music you're into it's bound to impress - the thoughtful lyrics and fantastic melodies are a winning combination.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2013 5:54 PM BST