Profile for M. Riva > Reviews

Content by M. Riva

M. Riva

GlobalSat BU-353 WaterProof USB GPS Receiver (SiRF Star III) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars ACE, 9 Feb. 2011
I ordered the GlobleSat BU-353 and it arrived the next day.It was well packed.
Had a quick read, told to put drivers in first, so i put the disk in and clicked on install drivers, 30 seconds later drivers were in. I then checked the comport settings in device manager and put them as per instructions. Fired up my mapping prog and spent a long time getting the program to work with it.( I did not have the position sentence set to RMC IN THE PROG)
Finally got it working. THE RECEIVER IS BRILLIANT IT WORKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GROUND FLOOR FLAT WITH TWO STOREYS ABOVE. After installing it on my laptop I installed it on my net book, it took a total of 4 minutes to install and get the mapping prog to work. The unit is quite light on power as it runs on the low power side of my USB ports. I am very pleased with it and would recommend it to any one.

Panasonic KX-TG6512EM DECT Twin Digital Cordless Phone Set - Silver
Panasonic KX-TG6512EM DECT Twin Digital Cordless Phone Set - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good conversations, 17 Dec. 2010
I ordered these on free delivery, and they arrived well with in the time.
After unpacking them I put the battery's in plugged them in to the power sockets.
I then glanced at the instructions and spent a bit of time setting the first one up, I should read the manual better. After setting up the first one all the info was transferred to the other 2 sets with out a problem.
I then put the master phone in to the phone socket and away we went. The sound is good,volume is loud enough or as quite as you would like, the screen is large and the numbers are clear. The buttons are a good size, so much so that I got a set for my neighbour who is 84 years old with arthritis (this set was for them I got the 3 set)
The loud speaker has a good volume but distorts a bit at max volume and should be 1 bar down from max then gives good clear sound. Battery's last a long time and the range is good.

Electrolux Z951 Pro 1400w commercial vacuum cleaner
Electrolux Z951 Pro 1400w commercial vacuum cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 2 Jan. 2010
First, the vacuum cleaner was delivered well before the time stated. Thank you Hughes and Amazon.
The vac has a very strong suction and is maintained if the bags and filters are changed or cleaned regularly.
When cleaning mats the reduction vacuum slider should be used.
It has a long hose and lead which is very useful. The long lead can be a bit of a nuisance but I was aware of this when I bought it and have no regrets. The tool holder I do not bother with except when I put the vac away.