Profile for Ax > Reviews

Eleven
by Mark Watson
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Eleven (Paperback)
I have really been bowled over by the style in which 'Eleven' has been written. It seems a very different and unorthodox way to structure a story but it seems to work (and I'll be honest, the style was a little off-putting after a few chapters).

The main character Xavier is very hard to connect with at the start but as the story progresses into the chain of events, it becomes a book that you just simply cannot put down! I very much started to enthuse with Xavier's character and the more that started to unravel about his past the more I decided to enjoy the story and Xavier's "ways".

I first started reading this book last year and because I thought the story line was going nowhere in particular I became largely dissapointed and stopped reading it a quarter of the way through. But having had a day off from work today, I decided to give it another go and my opinion has completely changed having finished it over the past few hours!

Overall it's got quite a dark theme and punchy storyline and with the witty humour incorporated within the book in small doses, it becomes a real treat and find for any reader.

4 stars, well deserved!