Profile for Lincolnlady > Reviews

Content by Lincolnlady

Lincolnlady

Page: 1 | 2
Guilty Gadgets - Windscreen Mount Car Holder For Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 3, Bend, S, S3, S4, S5, S6, i9100, i9200, i9250, GT-N7000, i9300, Ace S5830, S4 i9500, Apple iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, HTC One, X, S, V, M7, M8 Sony Z1, X1, Z, Z2, Z3, Nokia, Lumia, 600, 700, 800, 900, 920, 925, 1020, 625, LG Nexus 4, 5, 6 Phone
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Jan. 2015
The flexible arm is so long that it wobbles constantly. The only way I could find to use it at all was to make sure the bottom of the holder was resting on the dashboard to try and cut out some of the wobble. Then after only a couple of times I put my phone in it and went to adjust the angle so I could see it and the holder broke off the arm. As I was desperate I then cobbled together the holder from this one and attached it with black tape to my old holder which seemed to work. However the foam padding at the side of the phone has now dropped off as well. Altogether there isn't a single part of this I can recommend.

Outside-In Designs 30cm Chaffinch Thermometer/ Clock
Outside-In Designs 30cm Chaffinch Thermometer/ Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars ... bought the thermometer as a present and am very pleased with it, 3 Jan. 2015
I bought the thermometer as a present and am very pleased with it.

Bosch TWK3A034GB Village Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt, Red
Bosch TWK3A034GB Village Kettle, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really pleased with this, 19 Nov. 2014
I'm really pleased with this. It is easy to see how much water you've put in and doesn't drip when you're pouring it out. It does take a little longer to switch off than I'd prefer when it boils but it does boil very fast. Overall a very good kettle.

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars ... any different but it makes the experience so much better. It's an easy size to hold and the ..., 5 Sept. 2014
I've been reading on a tablet for a while and didn't think this would be any different but it makes the experience so much better. It's an easy size to hold and the display is very good. Sometimes Tap too lightly to turn the page but apart from that I'm very pleased with it. I read a lot and the battery seems to last for ages and is quick to charge when it needs it.
My only complaint is that I can't use our library to borrow books anymore as they don't support the kindle for their ebook loans.

Viking Mythology: Thor, Odin, Loki and the Old Norse Myths
Viking Mythology: Thor, Odin, Loki and the Old Norse Myths

2.0 out of 5 stars For me this book has too much information about where ..., 29 Aug. 2014
For me this book has too much information about where the myths came from and sources used and not enough actual myths.

Waterproof Sleeve Case Cover for all Amazon Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars I leave my usual cover on and it still slides into the case easily. The fasteners can be a little difficult to ..., 29 Aug. 2014
So far it has kept my Kindle dry so I can read in the bath. I leave my usual cover on and it still slides into the case easily. The fasteners can be a little difficult to close but usually because I haven't lined them up properly. It's easy to turn the kindle on and off whilst it's in the case and i haven't had any problems with turning the pages.
The only possible negative is that I think it may reflect any light shining on it and so could be hard to read in sunlight.
Overall it does what I wanted it to and so I'm happy.

Fintie Folio Case with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature for 6 inch Amazon Kindle Paperwhite - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars The magnet holds it shut whilst it's not in use and I like not having to press buttons when I want to ..., 29 Aug. 2014
The case fits my paperwhite perfectly and it's made the kindle much easier to hold. The magnet holds it shut whilst it's not in use and I like not having to press buttons when I want to read as the kindle turns on as soon as I open the cover which for me has improved the feel of the kindle.I liked mine so much I bought one for my Dad.

Delonghi EC152 Pump Espresso Coffee Machine
Delonghi EC152 Pump Espresso Coffee Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious coffee, 17 April 2012
I've had this for a few weeks now and used it a lot. I don't like having to mess around too much with gadgets and this is perfect. It all stores together neatly. The water tank holds a good amount of water and it's easy to see how much is left although you do have to bend down to look as the level indicator is the clear strip you can just about see in the picture behind the coffee holder. It's quick to come to temperature and produces a lovely espresso with a good crema. It can be a little noisy at first but it's not for long. The milk frother is good although personally I would have liked a longer arm on the frother, but I think that's because I'm used to commercial makers. All in all an excellent coffee maker and I'm really glad I bought it.

5 Packs of 2 Pens - 10 in Total - Papermate Flexgrip Retractable Ball Pens - Black Medium
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for school, 23 Mar. 2012
I bought these for my son for school as they were much cheaper than anywhere else. My son likes them, he says they are comfortable to use and they last for ages. At this price he can have a couple with him all the time.

Premier Housewares Vintage Home Spaghetti Canister, Cream
Premier Housewares Vintage Home Spaghetti Canister, Cream

2.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Lid, 9 Mar. 2012
I bought this as I wanted a pasta pot that was pot rather than metal. It looks good and stores a full pack of spaghetti. Unfortunately the lid on mine was stuck so tightly that we nearly ended up sending it back as we just couldn't get the lid off. Having got it off, eventually, I've had to remove the rubber seal as the fit was far too tight. This means that the lid is now loose on the top.

Page: 1 | 2