Profile for Mummy > Reviews

Dennis Duckling
Dennis Duckling
by Paul Sambrooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young children in foster care, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dennis Duckling (Paperback)
Great tool for foster carers to use with very young (or delayed) children who struggle to understand what has happened.
Just wish our social worker did what the social working duck did in the book!!

Dennis and the Big Decisions
Dennis and the Big Decisions
by Paul Sambrooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young children in foster care, 20 Sept. 2014
Just wish our social worker did what the social working duck did in the book!!

Maybe Days: A Book for Children in Foster Care
Maybe Days: A Book for Children in Foster Care
by Jennifer Wilgocki

1.0 out of 5 stars Too American, 20 Sept. 2014
Was looking for story books to use with a young foster child. This was obviously American and not really what I was wanting for this child.

Mummy Never Told Me
Mummy Never Told Me
by Babette Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed that people still find homosexuality offensive, 10 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Mummy Never Told Me (Paperback)
I am amazed at some of the attitudes regarding this book, especially homosexuality! I love this book and I want my children to grow up knowing that sometimes girls love girls and boys love boys, and that is just as normal as girls loving boys. It is a subject we've talked about in various conversations. If my children grow up to be gay that is 100% as okay with me as if they are heterosexual.
I believe in teaching children to be open minded and accepting, there is already too much intolerance in their world.
The book does not go into any graphic detail, more just acknowledges that some girls love girls. I don't find that any more offensive than saying some girls love boys.
I bought this book before my 1st child was born as I loved it, and it still gets read 6 years later.