Profile for Rolfey > Reviews

Midnight Train to Georgia
Midnight Train to Georgia
Offered by shakedownrecords

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinner date chill out, 29 May 2013
Got some mates round, dinner on the go, stick this on, chill out and reminisce. All the old soul and Motown sounds given the Trojan treatment. Its a treat.

Trojan Skinhead Reggae Box Set
Trojan Skinhead Reggae Box Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Pull your braces together and your boots on your feet, 9 May 2013
Having been well into the skinhead scene from the mid seventies and an avid collector of Trojan on vinyl through the eighties I was cautious, am cautious, about anything packaged as 'skinhead' due to the vast amount of rubbish released under that banner. In this instance I need not have worried to much. In fairness, CD three you can take it or leave it (in my opinion) as its the usual skinhead bandwagon sounds but the first two CD's more than justify the purchase price. Overall a journey through 60's reggae instrumentals culminating, for me, with 'Death in the Arena' by Rupie Martins All Stars. This was, is, and will always remain the ultimate skinhead anthem and evokes in me memories of a pre Two Tone era long lost. Yes, I'm in my 50's but still recognise a boss sound when I hear it.

Trojan Reggae Sisters Box Set
Trojan Reggae Sisters Box Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Sit back, feet up, and loose yourself, 9 May 2013
A three CD set of pure heaven. Just about every female singer in the 60's Trojan stable is featured. To fully appreiciate the sounds you need to switch off the phone, put your feet up, close your eyes and loose yourself in this set for a couple of hours. To date, probably my favourite so far of the box sets I've bought over the last five years or so.