Profile for Rosco > Reviews

Content by Rosco

Rosco "roscopeco" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
tesa 05432 Insulating Film for Windows, Transparent 4m x 1.5m (max)
tesa 05432 Insulating Film for Windows, Transparent 4m x 1.5m (max)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 5 May 2014
This stuff really works.

It is a bit fiddly and it is worth spending time getting it just right but once fitted it works a treat. Just be careful you don't keep anything on the window sill that will damage the film or cut through it once fitted.

I never get any condensation on the windows it is fitted on now. I will be doing this to the other windows.

Be careful when trimming it down once fitted as the only way to get a good clean cut is to use a stanly knife which works great but will scratch the PVC window frame.

Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner
Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 May 2014
This was bought as a present for my Dad to use with his Uke. I was so impressed I will need to get myself one. Very accurate and easy to use.

Learn To Play Classic Rock Solos Volume 1 [DVD]
Learn To Play Classic Rock Solos Volume 1 [DVD]

2.0 out of 5 stars At least Lick library Has Improved, 5 May 2014
This was obviously one of Lick Library's early DVD's. The teaching is not put across as well as their later DVD's. Goes through the solo tuition too quickly for you to keep up. At least they have improved on this. I would give this one a miss though.

Bicycle Race (Instrumental)
Bicycle Race (Instrumental)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 May 2014
A great track to use as backing. Brilliant! What more can you say? It's Queen!

Glad a few of the instrumentals have been made available.

Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish display, 5 May 2014
I don't know if it was a faulty one I got but the display was unreadable. You had to look at it at a certain angle to even see what the reading was showing. Display seemed as though it was showing a low battery (which it wasn't). If this is the same on all of these then I would not waste your money. Sent back and got a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 4:46 PM BST

Digitech FS3X Foot Controller
Digitech FS3X Foot Controller
Offered by RockGear

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 May 2014
Got this to use with my Brian May Digitech Pedal. Plug it straight into the fooswitch input on pedal and away you go. Sturdily made. No additional power needed. Comes with cable. Works straight out of the box. Saves having to use the Brian May pedal to change models or toe and heel functions. This should prolong the life of my pedal.

Fantastic price as well and delivered very quickly.

Great!

Baby Names 2014: Over 8,000 of this year's favourite names
Baby Names 2014: Over 8,000 of this year's favourite names

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a waste really, 5 May 2014
This was only a couple of quid for kindle but all the information here is readily available on the internet on numerous baby name sites. I wouldn't bother with this book, I would just use the internet.

Lighting Web 16-inch Rainbow Balloon Paper Lanterns, Blue
Lighting Web 16-inch Rainbow Balloon Paper Lanterns, Blue
Offered by Ideal Lighting

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 May 2014
I bought this light shade for our baby's room. Mainly because I remember having an orange one when I was a kid! It arrives flat packed and when I opened it it's clear that it is very cheaply made. The wire which holds it into shape is not the correct size to stay in place and when I did manage to fix it (by using cable ties) it hangs at an angle. I tried adjusting this and the cheap metal frame that fits to the light cord snapped. More cable ties required! I eventually got it hanging by a bit of DIY but I don't see this lasting long. A bit disappointed really as it does look nice when it is hanging there. Just a ashamed it is poorly designed. For about £8 though it wil do.

Top tip: Get some cable ties!

Mercury and Me
Mercury and Me
by Jim Hutton

4.0 out of 5 stars A memorable read and very touching, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Mercury and Me (Hardcover)
I bought this book a few months back and never got around to reading it until now. I found the book very touching and sad how Jim Hutton lost the love of his life. The question about whether Freddie would have approved runs through my head along with the other book I read by Peter Freestone. I don't feel as guilty reading this as I did Peter Freestones book. It's a very enjoyable read and in a way I guess it must have been an outlet for Jim to pour his feelings into this book.

Another World
Another World

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute gem - p.s. read the inlay before passing judgment, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Another World (Audio CD)
Well, it has taken a long time for me to have found this album. I wish I had bought it years ago. I am a big queen fan and thought I would give this a go after buying 'Back To The Light' a while back. I am so glad I did. After listening to the album over and over quite a few times now I can honestly say that this album is one of the best albums I have bought in the last couple of years. It has so much feeling and emotion. If I had to pick maybe 2 tracks from this album that stand out they would be 'Why Don't We Try Again' and 'Wilderness'.

Why Don't We Try Again is my favourite track. It is beautiful, haunting and quite unexpected. I wish I had found this a long time ago. I would strongly advise people to read the inlay as it provides a good background to the thought behind the album.

Anyways I'm off to listen to this album again.

If you are in ay doubt whether to buy this album or not, don't be. You won't be disappointed. When you get it, listen to it a few times, then pass your judgment. I personally think it is better than 'Back To The Light'.

Page: 1 | 2