Profile for The Badger > Reviews

Content by The Badger

The Badger (Warrington, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Katy Perry Oh honey Eye Lashes
Katy Perry Oh honey Eye Lashes
Offered by Eyelashwishes

4.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love eye lashes?, 4 April 2016
My girlfriend put these on and I thought Katy Perry was in the room. Scary at first but you get used to it. After all she married Russell Brand so it can't be all bad.

DecentGadget Egg Roll Maker Egg Cooker Boiler (White)
DecentGadget Egg Roll Maker Egg Cooker Boiler (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love eggs?, 4 April 2016
If you don't want to eat egg from a stick then this may not be the product for you. If that's the case and the whole thing sounds absurd then now is the time to get back to reading the Daily Mail as this product is for open minded people only.
Viva Le Egg Revelución

Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Krups XN730540 Coffee Machine - Fire Engine Red
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Krups XN730540 Coffee Machine - Fire Engine Red
Offered by U Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love coffee?, 4 April 2016
Coffee. One of life's simple pleasures and something that has become more and more fashionable. Back in the 80's you might have been considered a yuppie to down an espresso while fingering your Filofax but now most town centres are over populated with coffee houses offering the finest in Colombian export. I have never been very keen on visiting these places as prices can be somewhat uninviting. However, I do love a good caffeine treat at some point of the day.
George Clooney; what a guy. If anyone can advertise a product and make you buy it this guy can do it. I was never a big lover of ER but Oceans Eleven.... What a film! Oceans twelve lived up to the hype but Oceans thirteen was mediocre at best. Where Clooney gained the male audience after capturing female adoration in ER was 'From Dusk till Dawn'. The bloodshed, the tattoos, the guns and Tarantino as a brother... What more could you ask for?
Anyway, the reason I bought this coffee machine was I love the colour red.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2016 12:10 AM BST

Montblanc Legend Special Edition EDT Spray 100 ml
Montblanc Legend Special Edition EDT Spray 100 ml
Offered by Classic Parfums

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells Expensive, 20 Mar. 2016
I was first introduced to this fragrance whilst walking through the main entrance of Selfridges at the Trafford Centre. For those of you who have been to this particular outlet you will know that you get assaulted by an array of different smells. The strength of some of these perfumes are enough to render you incapacitated and prolonged exposure would certainly lead to a painful yet aromatic death.
Wearily battling on through the main foyer, struggling to breath and feeling an effect similar to that of tear gas I stumbled upon a display stand of Mont Blanc Legend. Thinking about it now I think it was more that the mist had affected my vision so much that blindness had took over and I was merely looking for a support of some sort. Stumbling into a large cardboard cutout helped me falling over and gave me a minute to regain perception.
As I was there already I thought I would give the aftershave a quick smell. I must say I was quite taken by it as it wasnt too strong but seemed quite fresh. The sales lady appeared through the fog like a contestant of 'Stars in their Eyes'.
"Tonight Matthew, I am going to sell you some aftershave".
She asked me what I thought of the fragrance and I immediately replied without hesitation.. "yeah, nice innit".
"It most certainly is" she was quick to reply, "dont you think it smells... expensive?"
Not sure how to take such a claim I answered "yeah, of course".
Being quite frugal and of sound mind and ability I thought it best not to make my purchase from Selfridges as I consider their products to possibly have a 'small' mark up due to having yellow bags with the word 'Selfridges' transcribed onto it.

Large Travel Toiletry Laundry Easy Storage Shoulder Bag Organizer Tidy Play Mat Floor For Kids Children
Offered by Discoball

3.0 out of 5 stars Average. Depends what you want to use it for and what you are expecting, 20 Mar. 2016
Sort of does what it describes... it just isnt great. The idea is perfect as there is nothing worse than stepping on a lego. However, it just doesnt sit flat enough. The main issues is that the edges fold down. The illustration suggests a sort of fabric paddling pool.
What you actually get is similar to an upside down fitted sheet. Nothing holds the edges up so lego, for example, can just fall out which is the exact thing it is designed not to do.
What it does do very well is pull together using the cord that is round the lining. However its much easier to pull it tight than it is to open it up.

Hallmark Valentine's Day Card 'I Love You When...' - Medium
Hallmark Valentine's Day Card 'I Love You When...' - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Mar. 2016
The misses loved it so it did everything it was meant to.

Official Xbox One Wireless Controller With 3.5mm Stereo Headset Jack
Official Xbox One Wireless Controller With 3.5mm Stereo Headset Jack

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should do. Just dont expect a thing of beauty., 20 Mar. 2016
Bought this as an addition to the Forza 6 bundle and the first thing that strikes me is how plastic it feels. I mean, yes, it is plastic so it isnt going to feel like velvet but the controller that came with the bundle was much better crafted... softer grips and brushed aluminuim triggers.... just better.
Apart from the aesthetics this does exactly what it is meant to do. If you have one of these already im sure it will be a fine addition / replacement.

Xbox One Limited Edition 1TB Forza Motorsport 6 Bundle
Xbox One Limited Edition 1TB Forza Motorsport 6 Bundle
Offered by Level99Games

5.0 out of 5 stars The closest i'll get to owning a Ford GT40, 20 Mar. 2016
If you dont know what an Xbox One is then please stop reading this review and google it.
If you are reading this review I presume that you are more interested in the Forza special edition. This is the first Xbox one that I have owned and I fancied something a bit different.
The outside of the unit is really well coloured and decorated with the GT40 stripe. This continues on the controller which in my opinion feels better than the standard as it has a softer grip.
The noises the machine makes when you turn it on or press eject may not be to everyones taste but each to your own. I dont think it detracts from the style of the unit and anyway, it only makes the noise when you turn it on via the button on the xbox. If you turn the console on via the controller the noise doesnt sound.
Overall I think that this particular special edition is a sound investment and accompanied with the Forza 6 game makes this bundle a sound buy.

Optimum Platinum 300g Raspberry Lemonade
Optimum Platinum 300g Raspberry Lemonade

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than four coffees, a red bull and a bag full of sugar, 19 Mar. 2016
There is a certain amount of hype around pre-workout stimulants. The main controversy has been what the actual ingredients are and how they actually effect you. They do, however, do exactly what they aspire to but I imagine the health benefits long term are minimum.
If you need a "pump" or a bit of "get up and go" then I believe this is the best product out there. And there are alot out there.
Optimum Nutrition is a name that is synonymous with training hard and supplementing well and probably a name that you can trust above others in a very competitive market.

Happy Hopperz Dog - 12+ Months Small Toddler, Blue
Happy Hopperz Dog - 12+ Months Small Toddler, Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Should of sent it back, 5 July 2015
The dog turned up with a mark on the back. As it was probably going to get dirty I just left it and didn't return the item. As it happens it was a defect in the plastic so now every time I pump it up it goes flat within about 5 minutes. I've seen this product in a lot of kids play areas so I know how much fun they are for kids it's just a shame this one didn't live up to expectations. I don't imagine all of the hopperz are the same but if yours does come with a mark send it back straight away.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3