Profile for mr gordon d bell > Reviews

Content by mr gordon d bell

mr gordon d bell

Arban's Complete Conservatory Method for Trumpet (Dover Books on Music)
Arban's Complete Conservatory Method for Trumpet (Dover Books on Music)

3.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST! The cornet players 'bible' Arban miniaturised., 28 April 2014
Yes pretty good but you have to scroll through over 1000 pages of mixed language musical and practice theory before you get to the actual exercises.

Handy if you just want to take your Kindle instead of the 'big' book.

So your silent brass mute finally has a tremendous value if your in a hotel room with your Kindle and your instrument with nothing to do!!!

So no excuse for not practicing!!!

Beautiful Dreams
Beautiful Dreams

5.0 out of 5 stars this album makes me cry every time.... and not because i don't like it - i love it......, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Beautiful Dreams (MP3 Download)
Beautiful Dreams makes me cry because it reminds me of a lost love, the words from "Snows of New York" are most appropriate "if your feeling lost... lift your heart and think of me" When I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself that's exactly what I do, and sure enough things don't seem so bad after all.
This album was recorded the old fasioned way - with all the musicians together in the same room and all recorded at the same time. None of the modern tricks of over dubbing, mastering or digital mucking about!
So when you hear Chris and the choir (who are excellent) belting out at the top of the vocal range and volume, you get a real sense of live performance.
Everything in one take just like it used to be!
Buy this album, you will not be dissappointed. I Wasn't.