Profile for Dale > Reviews

Brother MFC-J6920DW A3 Colour Inkjet Wireless Multifunction Printer
Offered by Sandtony Consulting
Price: 271.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workhorse, 3 May 2014
This is my second Brother mfc and is a significant improvement over the previous generation. It's smaller and performs better in every way.
I use this printer for everyday documents, photos and plans. It does a really good good job of handling all those ordinary day to day tasks but it does not excellent at anything. Paper feed is quite noisy and always sounds like it will tear the paper - it doesn't.
Print quality is good not great, but A4 duplexing is a boon and print speed is good.
Two sided scanning is brilliant, although quality is only good.
The sheet feed works well and is reliable.
Photocopying is good.
Ink cartridges are chipped and buying Brother oem carts is reasonably costly.
Non oem carts are available but I have struggled to find a high capacity cart that works.
Overall, I thoroughly recommend this printer as a workhorse, it is very good value for money.

Bar Keepers Friend Cookware & Stainless Steel Cleanser & Polish
Bar Keepers Friend Cookware & Stainless Steel Cleanser & Polish
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 3 May 2014
My stainless steel pans get discoloured with use, they get a sort of lime scale film and a bluefish bloom. This stuff cleans food residue and returns them to their original appearance much better than a dishwasher or ordinary washing. It also cleans copper pans and it seems quite good at removing stains from a white ceramic sink.
It claims to be non-abrasive and I would not disagree.
Overall, I will always have a pot of this by the sink. It works.

Scalextric Digital C7039 Lapcounter 1:32 Scale Accessory
Scalextric Digital C7039 Lapcounter 1:32 Scale Accessory
Price: 39.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Banishes arguments, 3 Jan 2014
This is a must for all digital scalextric owners. It is easy to set up and it appears to perform flawlessly.
We are all very competitive and argue about almost everything, but no one can claim more laps than they have actually done with this little device. It's as essential as having a car, don't think about scalextric unless you have one of these.

Twin European Mains Adaptor With Twin USB Ports. ideal for ipods, telephones, mobiles, hairdryers
Offered by Heritage Home and Garden
Price: 14.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 11 Sep 2013
This product seemed ideal for us as we have 2 phones and 2 iPads. BUT..... the usb charging stopped working after the first night so we had to rely on the mains charging part, which meant we were forever juggling things to make sure we had enough charge in all devices. A great idea, but feels cheap and failed rather too quickly for my liking. Shame.

CAT Footwear Men's Deploy Espresso Lace Up P714170 10 UK
CAT Footwear Men's Deploy Espresso Lace Up P714170 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for wide feet, 19 Jun 2013
I have wide feet and find it really difficult to get shoes to fit.
I bought a pair of CATs about 3 years ago and they were comfortable, durable and reasonably good looking. Although the uppers are different the sole is identical to these, so I bought with high expectations and was not disappointed.
I don't wear them for running, so can't comment on their function as trainers, but as lightweight summer shoes they are great and I do not feel scruffy wearing them.
I think I will buy another pair as back up.

Just A Collection Of Antiques And Curios
Just A Collection Of Antiques And Curios
Price: 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly underrated band., 13 Feb 2013
This was the first LP I ever bought and I seem to end up buying a new one every decade or so, I am now on my fourth or even fifth copy, but I am still listening to it.

There is no doubting that it's an acquired taste, but Rick Wakeman's keyboards are astounding, even if they are also a bit self indulgent at times.
Tony Hooper's voice magnificent.
Dave Cousins song writing and unique gravel voice are peerless.
If you like the Strawbs, you must have this album in your collection.
If you are not a Strawbs fan, where have you been for the last 40 years?

Braun Series 5 5070cc-5 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre
Braun Series 5 5070cc-5 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre
Price: 133.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Rules, 13 Feb 2013
I have used Braun shavers for nearly 40 years, but just over 2 years ago changed allegiance to Panasonic. I did not realise how much of a mistake that was until the cutter seized up and I decided to cut my losses and go back to Braun. Well it's a delight to be using a good shaver again. That's not to say it's perfect. The cutter bar release button was very stiff and awkward to use when I received the shaver. I considered sending it back, but the application of a little silicon lubricant seems to have done the trick and it now releases the cutter bar correctly and shaves beautifully.
The self cleaning mechanism works a treat and the shaver feels great every morning. I don't know how much it will cost in cleaning fluid, but if the cartridges last at least a month, that means the cost of shaving is less than a pound a week, which for this sort of quality is cheap.
Thoroughly recommended.

Camera Wrist Strap / Hand Grip For Canon Nikon Sony Pentax Olympus SLR/DSLR DC07
Offered by XCSOURCE
Price: 4.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 30 Jan 2013
Hmmm how many stars is this product worth?
It smells of leather, so there is probably some leather in it, oh and some of the stitching is coming undone and I have not owned it for an hour yet!
It is accurately represented in the photographs and it is very cheap to buy.
The photos show the bottom plate has a lip (presumably to prevent it from rotating in use). I could not see how the plate would fit to my Nikon 5100 with that lip, but the ad said it was for Nikon, so I decided to buy and adapt if necessary. Well I did have to adapt it. A simple modification with a hacksaw took the lip off and allowed me to fit the base to my body. The adaptation is neat and cannot be seen with the strap attached to the camera, in fact it's hard to see at all. I don't know whether the base plate will come loose in use as a result of my 'improvements', we'll have to wait and see.
Obviously the bottom plate does prevent changing the battery, but it is easy enough to remove, so it will add to the faff involved in battery changing, but should not be seen as a deal breaker.
The strap is ideally proportioned for my camera, but I do wonder if it would look a bit small and weedy on a larger more professional body.
Now for the big test, how does it work in use? I'll find out over the next few days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2013 10:28 PM GMT

10 x Compatible Ink cartridges LC1100 for Brother MFC-250C, MFC-255CW, MFC-290C, MFC-295CN, MFC-297C, MFC-490CN, MFC-5490CN, MFC-5890CN, MFC-790CW, MFC-795CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-990CW, DCP-145C, DCP-163C, DCP-165C, DCP-167C, DCP-185C, DCP-195C, DCP-365CN, DCP-373CW, DCP-375CW, DCP-377CW, DCP-383C, DCP-385C, DCP-387C, DCP-395CN, DCP-585CW, DCP-6690CW, DCP-J715W,
Offered by Odyssey Supplies
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently good, 15 Jan 2013
I always use Cartridge King.
Prices are as good as the best.
Cartridges are as good as the best.
Delivery is as good as the best.
What makes them better than the best is, I order any combination of cartridges and that's what they send.
You want 3 cyan, 1 magenta, 4 yellow and 2 black? That's what you get, no build up of one colour in your draw and no wasted money. Ideal.

Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella Black One Size

Easy to use.
Inspires confidence.
Large.
Keeps you dry.
Appears to be well made.
Only 2 outings so far in mildly windy conditions, it performed well, but was not tested to its limits.
The latch to hold the canopy open always feels a little indecisive, but it always works, so that's probably just me.
Conclusion:
This is s serious bit of kit so you have to handle it with confidence, point the spike into the wind, keep moving it into the wind as the wind direction changes, be assertive with it and it will be the best umbrella you have ever used.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4