Profile for Dale > Reviews

5 Star Document Wallet Half Flap 250gsm Capacity 32mm Foolscap Red [Pack of 50]
5 Star Document Wallet Half Flap 250gsm Capacity 32mm Foolscap Red [Pack of 50]
Offered by GD Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 16 Oct 2011
These wallets are extremely good value.
They arrived on time and do the job well.
They are made of slightly thinner card and they do not expand quite as much as premium products, but at the price they are great - would certainly buy again.

Dedicated replacement remote control (Linkwebb version) for the Sony RM-X800
Dedicated replacement remote control (Linkwebb version) for the Sony RM-X800

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 18 Sep 2011
After months of frustration with the original remote I finally took the plunge and bought this. It works beautifully. The digibox is a delight to use again.
It's appearance is much more modern than the original (which is not necessarily a good thing), but it is perfectly pleasant to look at and to use.
It loses one star because it is sold as electrically identical to the original, it isn't. I can't train it to operate the volume or to switch on/off my Panasonic TV. It's only an annoyance, but quite a big one, because I now need 2 remotes to watch tv.
With that proviso, I can honestly say this is a brilliant replacement.

Men's Cotton Black Polo Neck Sweater (Small (38" chest))
Men's Cotton Black Polo Neck Sweater (Small (38" chest))
Offered by Tim Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 28 Jan 2011
I have worn this shirt once and it is currently in the wash, so I can't comment on how it survived the process; but it feels quality. It fits beautifully and it is a joy to wear. This is not a cheap shirt, it's a really good shirt. Can't recommend too highly.
Update:
After a year the shirt is still very black, no fade and still looks good. I made a mistake buying the small though, it's a bit tight on my throat. Should have bought the large and now I can't because they never have any stock. Come on chaps get some more in so I can buy more. Still a really good shirt and still recommended, but do not err on the small size, go for the next one up.

Is This the Real Life?: The Untold Story of Queen
Is This the Real Life?: The Untold Story of Queen
by Mark Blake

3.0 out of 5 stars Does this reveal the life?, 26 Jan 2011
OK, so I'm not a great Queen fan, but I wanted to know what made the band tick and this book didn't tell me.
It's a light easy read.
It's a list of who did what when.
It tells us who said what about whom.
But it doesn't get under the skin.
Whose idea was it to throw the lavish parties? Who thought it would be a good idea to have naked waiter/waitresses etc? Why?
Freddies lifestyle was dissolute and ultimately destroyed him - what did the rest of the band do to prevent the disaster occuring? Nothing apparently. Why?
The band was 'clean' in the early days, but Freddie and his entourage took Coke later - how did this affect relations in the band?
I suppose for me, the book describes events, but it does not bring them to life. It feels like a re-hash of old interviews and published fact, rather than an untold story.
Ultimately rather disappointing.

Canon Extra Multifunctional Paper 100gsm 500 Sheets per Ream A3 White - Ref 76421 [1 Ream]

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality paper, 3 Oct 2010
It's paper.
Size A3.
Prints look nice.
Paper feels nice.
Quite white.
Seems to be good value for money.
Ideal for good quality ordinary documents.
If that's what you want it for, this is a good choice.
Usual excellent Amazon delivery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4