Profile for D. Hacker > Reviews

Content by D. Hacker

D. Hacker (Bristol, England)

Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount for Smartphone
Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount for Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 23 Jan. 2016
I've bought a few of these kind of products in the past but none have been as good as this one - it fits in nicely in my car, it could be installed by anyone and comes with two different sized magnets, the smaller of which is strong enough to hold my HTC M8 with no issues. Overall, perfect for its purpose and a great buy at a decent value.

Trespass Waterproof Rain Cover for Rucksacks/Backpacks - Black, Large
Trespass Waterproof Rain Cover for Rucksacks/Backpacks - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 22 April 2012
I decided to purchase this rain cover for my Berghaus Jalan 60+10 backpack ahead of leaving for a trip to Australia and New Zealand because it is well documented how wet it can get in the latter. I've ultimately used it five times - once in NZ and four times in Oz! Not quite what I was expecting weather-wise but it has done the job, is easy to fit around the backpack and packs neatly into a supplied pouch. A great deal from a very good brand - definitely recommend it!

New Trent iCarrier IMP120D - (12000mAh) 5V 3A Dual USB Ports External Battery Charger/ Portable Back Up Power Bank/Power Pack Battery for iPad 4/ 3 /2, iPad mini, iPhone 5 /4S / 4, iPod Touch; Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S4/S3/S2; Google Nexus 10/7/4, HTC ONE series; LG Optimus series; Motorola Razr, Droid series; Nokia Lumia 900 / 800, Sony Xperia series, GoPro, and most 5V chargeable devices. (NEWEST VERSION, w/ Micro-USB input charge port)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for any backpacker!, 22 April 2012
I've spent two months backpacking around Australia and New Zealand. This has meant staying in hostel dorm rooms of as many as 12 people. Unfortunately a 12-person room does not necessarily mean 12 plug sockets (and even if it does, there's always the one guy who's been staying at the accommodation for six months and takes up 10 of them!).

This battery pack has been a lifesaver over this time. Between my Android battery-killing phone, my laptop, MP3 player and camera, I've used it more times than I can count. All I've needed was one decent charge and it has been able to recharge all of my devices multiple times. This also helps when it comes to the bus journeys/flights - Anyone with a smart phone wouldn't really expect an Android to last through the journey to Heathrow, the check-in wait, the 24hour flight, the baggage claim and the journey to your accommodation but I knew that none of this would be an issue thanks to this charger.

With only one button (power), a clear charge indication, a USB port and a port for the mains chargers, it is as easy to use as you could hope and, overall, is probably the smartest buy I've made to go on this trip - it is simply a must have for any backpacker looking to stay connected (aka a flashpacker).

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 23 April 2009
I'm not exactly a 'music snob' so my knowledge is limited but I can undoubtedly say that these earphones are the best I've ever owned. They sound great, have great base and look great.

The only problems I've found are that deeper sounds are harder to hear (so male voices tend to sound slightly worse than female voices) and when the wires take a hit, you hear it through the earphones but these problems are not enough to deter me from giving the product 5*. Awesome for the price.