Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Basel, Switzerland)

The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies (Miller Heiman Series)
by Miller Heiman

5.0 out of 5 stars It has become a reference, 27 April 2013
I keep this book (as well as The New Conceptual Selling) by me and have replaced it twice after lending it to others. It has become a reference for good practice. I have not come across another source on consultative selling, that combines integrity with thorough process. If anyone wants to recommend something newer, I would like to hear about it.

Speedo Adult Competition Nose Clip - One Size, Graphite
Speedo Adult Competition Nose Clip - One Size, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Sinus Irritation, 11 Sep 2011
I bought this after suffering sinus irritation. Like the other reviewers, I found it a trifle uncomfortable at first but got used to it pretty quickly. And I was surprised that there is no tendency to slip off. I did not find it sore afterwards but I only swim for half an hour

I haven't used other types so have no comparison, but this does what I wanted. And I no longer suffer from much sinus irritation which, I understand, is caused chlorine compounds

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Tilley T3, 8 May 2011
Given one as a present. I'd been looking for a practical hat, ideally one with style. Not sure about the style but there is no doubt this is what I'd been after.

Seven Pillars of Wisdom (Classics of World Literature)
Seven Pillars of Wisdom (Classics of World Literature)
by T.E. Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 9 Sep 2006
Brilliant. T E Lawrence poured his soul into this magnificently crafted autobiography. It takes you from his arrival in Cairo as an upstart academic, through his dramatic evolution into a desert soldier/strategist and leader of the Arab revolt against the Turks, to his ultimate failure to win justice for the people he'd grown to be part of. Lawrence was a gifted writer as well as an extraordinary soldier and I was fascinated by the insights that run through it: into his political naivety, his ambivalent loyalties, and the hints of concern (almost certainly ill-founded) about his own mental state. The combination of high politics and personal danger, played out in the dramatic and mysterious Arab world as it meets the West is quite magnificent.

The writing style is nineteenth century and the language and prose may be unfamiliar to many but this is the most rewarding book I have read. It's the one I unhesitatingly offer as the best ever.