Profile for Pav I. Marneri > Reviews

Pav I. Marneri

Sting in the Tail
Sting in the Tail

3.0 out of 5 stars I've heard better from Scorpions, 18 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Sting in the Tail (MP3 Download)
As a hardcore fan of the band in question I must be honest. From "Lonesome Crow" to "Humanity Hour 1" I've been enjoying the band's awesome work. Now as far as "Sting in the tail" is concerned, here is it:

6.9/10

A really good album. Not great. Most of the songs qualify as "fillers".
I really enjoyed tracks 1,2,3,4 and 5. The rest is hard rock, not Scorpions. Seriously, they could have done better than this, we are talking about the band that has written the epic "We'll burn the sky" and "Catch your train".

Let's face it, it was time for the band to retire. I did not expect any more "Blackout" quality albums but still, this album is worth buying.

All in all, Sting In the tail is a definate must for every fan of the band. But for those who expect to hear something bearing the mark of a masterpiece will be dissapointed.

I am looking forward to hear tracks 1 to 5 live on stage. Let's not forget the Scorpions are a live band.