Profile for Miss Elanor Willcox > Reviews

Content by Miss Elanor Wi...

Miss Elanor Willcox (England)

Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabul

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally OK, 25 Feb. 2014
This is an OK book. The first half tells you what you need to do to become a “Skinny Bitch” and the other half is a meal plan + which brands/food stuffs they recommend.

Generally it is an OK book, with some good information and I know it has helped numerous people. However I do have some issues, outlined below.

1) The way it is written, is very choppy and some parts feel quite rushed and ill-explained. It feels a little like it is saying YOU MUST DO THIS OR YOU WON’T LOSE WEIGHT. It essentially winds up telling you to go vegan, which is fine (I am already vegan) but some people aren’t ready/don’t want to so it’s a little wasted, plus with the way its written its not likely to make some people change their minds as they might be left with more questions than answers.

2) The language. There is a lot of foul language, which for a lot of people (I feel) it will be quite off putting and they’ll just stop reading. They’re using shock factor and for some people, that works. However for a lot of people (such as myself) its annoying, can be quite offensive and people generally don’t like being condescended, which happens a lot.

3) This issue isn’t really the book’s fault, as it is an American book and I am in the UK, but 25% of it is the food recommendations, and of course, they’re American and unavailable in the UK so useless to me.

4) The meal plan; I feel is too low-calorie. If you are eating a vegan diet, you are generally eating plant based (unless you’re a junk food, processed food vegan) and need a lot of food to get adequate calories. Also as you most likely aren’t eating junk, its okay to eat more than you probably think and you’ll still lose weight. If you eat too few calories, you’re more likely to ‘fall off the wagon’ and go back to eating meat and dairy as your body will crave high calorie, fast food sources (generally if you are vegan for weight loss/diet)

5) I disliked how it was mostly all ‘become a vegan so you’ll lose weight’, with a little of ‘oh its good for the planet and animals’ etc. But I guess that sells books better.

Excel Rabbit Adult Oregano Tasty Nuggets 2 kg (Pack of 2)
Excel Rabbit Adult Oregano Tasty Nuggets 2 kg (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped rabbits a lot and they love it, 25 Nov. 2012
I have two dutch rabbits and they love these nuggets! I used to have the same food but with mint instead of oregano, but since switching they've calmed down a lot which is always a bonus. If you're doing subscribe and save and unsure how long it'll last for, the two bags last around 1 month for my two rabbits

BaByliss 2099U Total Freedom 230 Cordless Straightener
BaByliss 2099U Total Freedom 230 Cordless Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Straighteners; Salon Finish!, 28 April 2009
I have to say I was sceptical when I read other reviews, I didn't believe that they were as good if not better as GHD's, until I tried them for myself! They get to temperature extremely quickly, about 10-15 secs, depending on the temperature you set it as. I have very thick and wavy/curly hair, and just bought these as a pair I could use before I could afford GHDs as my old ones broke. These straighteners straighten my hair quickly and effortlessly, each section of hair only needing a go over once! I was completely amazed. The cord is nice and long too so theres no worrying about getting all tangled up! I have yet to use the cordless function but no doubt this will be very useful! They also have an auto turn off after an hour too so this is alot safer I feel. The only down side is is that the straighteners themselves don't have an on/off switch, so you have to physically unplug them to turn them off which is a bit annoying, but also safer i guess! Left my hair with a salon finish and so easy to use. I completely recommend!