Profile for Tom > Reviews

Content by Tom

Tom (Bridlington, England)

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (Xbox 360)
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (Xbox 360)
Offered by clickforgamesltd
Price: 13.27

5.0 out of 5 stars IL2 Sturmovik review, 18 Feb 2011
After reading some of the other reviews describing the difficulty of the game I had my doubts about buying it, as I have never owned a proper flight sim game before. However, my worries were washed away when I started playing. The game starts with a series of compulsory tutorials which get you used to flying and fighting, after which you can continue with the optional tutorials which take you into the game in much more detail, or you can unleash yourself on the skies of the Battle of Britain where the first chapter is set.

The game is at first locked on Arcade setting, the easiest one there is, where you can switch between views and the plane will stay in the air no matter how many flying errors you make, unless of course you are a complete dick and point the plane straight into the ground. The in-cockpit view is my favourite for dogfights but for bombing I use the outside view. To quell any remaining worries I had about difficulty all I had to do was complete the first chapter, look back and realise I hadn't been shot down once.

I have got further in the game but I haven't yet completed it so I've no idea what the other difficulties are like, but to be honest I don't really care as I am having plenty of fun soaring among the beautiful graphics, shooting down Germans. All in all, this is a very good game and I encourage everyone, even if you don't buy it, to at least download it from Xbox Live and give it a go.