Profile for Sammy > Reviews

NUK First Choice Silicone Teat Size 1 Medium Hole Twin Pack
NUK First Choice Silicone Teat Size 1 Medium Hole Twin Pack
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest online price and quick delivery!, 12 Feb. 2014
Nuk teats are the ones the NHS use and it's what my premature little girl has been using for formula since birth, the silicone does tend to go cloudy from staying in the milton water so therefore we need to keep buying them and there's only really mothercare on the high st that sells them. I found them for the cheapest price online and it was very quick delivery.

Mama Nature of London Tiny Troubles Natural Intensive Healing Salve 100ml
Mama Nature of London Tiny Troubles Natural Intensive Healing Salve 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Miracle Worker!, 27 Nov. 2013
Like another review on here my new born got a severe nappy rash a few days after birth, we tried every cream out there, Sudacrem, Metanium, Bepanthem - those didn't work. Then we tried Canestan thinking it may be a fungul infection - Canestan didn't work. Finally after 4 weeks I went to the GP as the rash was only getting worse. GP provided Fucidin cream claiming that that there was a slight bacterial infection. Was told to try it for 10 days. I was at desperation stage by now. I went online and came across this healing salve and having read the reviews even though it was quite expensive I was willing to try anything - I decided to buy it. Having used Fucidin for 7 days and not seeing any improvement I decided to give this a shot. What can I say....after 5 days the improvement was unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. Its been 12 days now and there's barely any rash left. Highly, highly, highly recommend!!! More than worth every single penny!

Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
by Dr Caroline Fertleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what a first time mum needs!, 27 Nov. 2013
I absolutely love this book. I'm a new mum that spends most of everyday on my own with my new baby. I needed something to tell me the basics as each week went by. Was the amount of formula my little one was drinking correct for week 2, 3 or week 4? Was the amount of nappies correct? Why did nappy habits change at week 5? These are the types of questions this book will answer. My family live hundreds of miles away, my hubby's parents live miles away and I only see a Health Visitor every fortnight - I needed something that would guide me through the little changes and the and tell me when to expect the small milestones. It also provides a little bit of info on what might be happening to mum each week as well, like telling you what to expect in terms of recovery - both C section and normal delivery is covered. I bought several books but this is the one that's worth every penny! Week by week it goes up to 6 months old. My only suggestion to the authors would be - can you extend it to 1 year old??

Ten Years On
Ten Years On
by Alice Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional tear jerker!!, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ten Years On (Paperback)
Having read the back this didn't start off as I imagined. Ben and Rachel aren't a couple and seemingly never have been. Rachel's university sweetheart that she married has just died and she leaves London to head to Winchester where her parents live. She meets Ben. Her husband's best friend who they hadn't spoken to or seen for ten years.... All is not as seems. Absolutely fantastic read. Had tears streaming down my face with happiness and sadness

Let's Meet On Platform 8
Let's Meet On Platform 8
by Carole Matthews

4.0 out of 5 stars I would meet on platofrm 8 again!!, 8 Feb. 2013
This book was light hearted but with a lot of depth. Teri is an unlucky in love early 30's woman not exactly sure where her life is heading. Jamie is a `happily' married man approaching his late 30's and their paths collide (literally). The characters were easy to identify with; they were real with very real emotions. For being a light hearted read it had a lot of depth which I didn't expect. The ending wasn't what I was expecting or maybe half-heartedly expected. The book takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions. It made me realise that you can't judge `the other woman' Teri was a normal woman not out to steal anyone's husband and the journey of the book reveals whether she got her happy ending or not. This was my first Carole Matthews book. I will certainly looking for some more...

The Long Weekend
The Long Weekend
by Veronica Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Long Weekend (Paperback)
Like many other reviewers have said I was initially a bit worried about keeping up with a lot of different characters within the book but from the first page I was literally hooked, lined and sunk right into the book and absolutely couldn't put it down.

The book is situated in Penfleet in a small 5 star hotel called the Townhouse and Luca and Claire are the proud owners. The book starts with Claire and Luca, then there's Angelica who is the young receptionist who works there and her life and it then goes through several other brief stories of people making their way to the Townhouse for a bank holiday weekend.

Each short story of the characters have a lot of life and completely believable, the way they connect together is wonderful and the best part was how each story swaps between each other. Veronica Henry has an absolutely beautiful way of writing her books and as this was only my first read I will be investing in more `Veronica Henry' books.

I would say it is slightly predictable towards the end. I found myself guessing what the end would be for each of the different stories but maybe that was more to do with how much I'd connected with the characters and it would have been the only way to end it to satisfy the reader.

Absolutely loved it and I can't wait to read more of her books.

Silver Metal Frame: 5x7
Silver Metal Frame: 5x7
Offered by Goods Online 24/7 (UK SELLER)

1.0 out of 5 stars bigger than 5x7" photo keeps slipping down!, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Silver Metal Frame: 5x7 (Misc.)
The photo frame was cheap which was why I bought it but it looks cheap, but the least I expected was it to hold a photo. It was quite a bit bigger than 5x7" and therefore the picture inside doesn't stay up. I have a huge collection of holiday photos in frames and it was just another one to add to the collection but it looks cheap and I'm just glad it wasn't bought as a present.

Emporio Armani Gents Chronograph Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Emporio Armani Gents Chronograph Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Offered by waldwatchery

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing price and speedy delivery, 16 Nov. 2012
Totally amazing watch for the price! I saw many others for nearly double the price compared to amazon. It was sent out special delivery as well. Abaolutely stunning with no complaints whatsoever. Not sure how to work the Chronograph yet but the booklet was handy.

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story
by Cheryl Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally honest and emotional, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
I've always liked Cheryl Cole and I was hoping this book would be a proper autobiography and show some real emotion and talk about her real life experiences. I certainly was not disappointed! She went into immense detail of her experiences of growing up as a child and a teenager in South Shields her Pop Idol experience and getting into the limelight and then obviously her marriage to Ashley and the eventual breakdown. She delved into her deepest emotions to write this book and after reading it I felt like I knew her as a person. She pulled no punches on how she feels about people - Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger - you would be surprised! She was so brutally honest. Absolutely fantastic read!!

A Walk To Remember
A Walk To Remember
by Nicholas Sparks

2.0 out of 5 stars Very predictable, and not as impressed as anticipated, 3 May 2011
This review is from: A Walk To Remember (Paperback)
Recommended by a friend I was told it would be amazing and life changing. Unfortunately not. Having read many of Nicholas Sparks, it didn't take more than a couple of chapters to realise the plot....

very popular Landon Carter is rich, lives in a big house, good looking, and loved at school. Jamie Sullivan is shy, quiet, very religious, she is the village reverend's daughter and basically the shcool geek.

They fall in love, but their love is doomed....the book is predictable to say the least but also too short to really get into and grasp the characters. The book is deffintely a tear-jerker but i have read better ones. It wasn't life changing in fact I'm not sure I'd recommend it compared to a few other Nicholas Sparks that I would. Dear John is one of the best Nicholas Sparks books I've read and that was a real tear-jerker, and a lot more in depth and real....

A walk to remember is worth a look if bored...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5