Profile for Evan Jones > Reviews

Content by Evan Jones

Evan Jones "yantoboy" (England)

BT Freelance XT3500
BT Freelance XT3500
Offered by Technomobiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra phone, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: BT Freelance XT3500 (Electronics)
My wife insisted on buying the Freelance XT3500 as a twin phone kit. Then, later, she decided she needed one in the bedroom, as well as the kitchen and lounge, so I had to hunt round for a single cordless phone which was compatible. (It is difficult to find single ones now !). I found this refurbished unit on Amazon for a low price, (£15 ??), and took a chance on it. It is working fine after set-up. The only problem is that I cannot seem to change the dreadful ring-tone it was set to before we received it. Still....it works, that's the main thing.

40 Degrees North
40 Degrees North
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime playing....extraordinary talent !, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: 40 Degrees North (Audio CD)
I came across this performer purely by accident when I saw a clip on YouTube of Xue Fei Yang playing Un Sueno en La Floresta. I watched mesmerised, and thought, I must buy a recording of this. I received this CD yesterday and have played it 3 times already. I have not been dissapointed. If you enjoy classical/Spanish guitar music, all I can say is BUY IT !

Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard
Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for money !, 1 Feb. 2011
A great buy. Very happy with my purchase. Unfortunately, in my enthusiasm to get this quickly, I paid express delivery. This didn't happen, but this was probably due to the severe weather around Christmas, and the backlog of parcels at Courier depots. However, this keyboard is all you will need if its your first venture into playing a musical instrument. The Grand piano feature is excellent. The manual that comes with it is very comprehensive, too much so really! Highly recommended.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Greatest Hits - 22 Best-Loved Favorites
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Greatest Hits - 22 Best-Loved Favorites
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like choral music, you'll like this !, 31 Dec. 2007
A wonderful example of the MTC's superb talents. Yes, this is a 360 voice mixed choir, but the brilliant SATB harmonies shine through in each track.
Their versatility is well displayed with a skilfully chosen mixture of well known favourites, and some not so well known. BUY IT !

Beethoven: Complete Piano Concertos
Beethoven: Complete Piano Concertos

5.0 out of 5 stars Murray Perahia at his best, 12 Dec. 2007
A superb collection of Beethoven's piano concertos. As usual, Murray Perahia's playing is as near perfection as you can get. His interpretation of these concertos displays the breadth of his talents. The quality of the recordings is also excellent.