Profile for little cake lady > Reviews

Content by little cake lady

little cake lady

Easy Crochet: Vintage and Retro
Easy Crochet: Vintage and Retro
by Nicki Trench

5.0 out of 5 stars really good book, 12 Dec. 2013
Really like this crochet book. It is easy to read and follow. The yarn is well described and is in English weights rather then American which makes things a lot easier. The book has patterns for three cardigans , bags and cushions with really lovely designs. cannot fault it. very good value, very good book.

Asian-Inspired Machine Embroidery
Asian-Inspired Machine Embroidery
by Joan Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better then expectec, 31 Mar. 2013
I have been delighted with this book. The designs on the included disc embroidery beautifully on my Brother machine. I have made a bag using the kimono and fan designs and it has been much admired.

I can recommend this book without reservation the designs will make a great addition to your embroidery library.
and the illustrations in the book are very clear and well laid out It is also very good value for money. Absolutely love it.

Stashbuster Knits
Stashbuster Knits
by Melissa Leapman

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice knitting book, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Stashbuster Knits (Paperback)
I was really pleased with this book. It has some really nice patterns and there are several that I would like to knit.
The book is American and therefor the yarn is described differently to British thicknesses ie: wosted for double knitting,. The conversions and tensions for the yarns however are well described and this should not cause a problem. The only thing I would have a small niggle about is the fact that the garments have been knitted with specially chosen yarn and not yarn that would be in most knitters stash but that is all the rest is good.

Ultimate Quilting Bible: A Complete Reference with Step-by-step Techniques
Ultimate Quilting Bible: A Complete Reference with Step-by-step Techniques
by Marie Clayton

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is invaluable for quilters old and new., 2 Mar. 2012
I purchased this book twelve months ago when I started to quilt after a long break. I have constantly refered to this book and still do as I have progresed with my projects.
This book explains simply and clearly how to produce different patterns ie. log cabin, with illistrations and step by step guidelines. I know I will refer to it for the rest of my quilting days.
Well worth the cost and the space on my quilting book shelf. If you are starting to quilt this is the book for you.