Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Home Sweet Hole: A Folio of "Feasible Fantasy" Floor Plans
Home Sweet Hole: A Folio of "Feasible Fantasy" Floor Plans

4.0 out of 5 stars disturbing lack of pantries, 2 April 2014
nicely drawn pictures, especially for the exterior. cute room layouts, but they are generally rather small (to be fair I think this is a concious choice on the part of the author).

however no hobbit would approve of the general lack of pantries! food for first & second breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper must be stored somewhere.

Challenging Zed
Challenging Zed

4.0 out of 5 stars short and sweet, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Challenging Zed (Kindle Edition)
It's a bit of an overstatement to say this gives much more depth to Zed's character, but it this book let me stay in the world of the Benedict brothers just a little bit longer. So that's all to the good!

Lily
Lily

2.0 out of 5 stars Miss Butterworth and the Mad Baron?, 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lily (Kindle Edition)
I got into the genre of Regency Romance (or candyfloss reads as mum and I like to call them) by way of Julia Quinn. Other fans may recall the gothic novel her characters get to read (and make fun of) "Miss Butterworth and the Mad Baron". (Miss Butterworth's mother is pecked to death by pidgeons!) "Lily" is certainly the most *gothic* of romances I've read so far.

Interestingly most actions/plot points/dialogue seemed fine at the point of reading them, the problem is rather that taken together I found the whole thing just too much, just too unbelievable. So no I didn't like it. That said I did finish the book (it was rather riveting), but I won't be reading it again.

Home Brew & Winemaking - Original Prestige 20ml London Gin Essence
Home Brew & Winemaking - Original Prestige 20ml London Gin Essence
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

3.0 out of 5 stars non-boozy gin and tonic, 10 Dec. 2012
So we made this up with water rather than vodka, hoping to create a non-boozy gin and tonic. It definitely improved the tonic water (which on its own is horrible), but it had a strangely aniseed-like taste. Mother-in-law claimed she liked it, but personally I think it was at best okay, rather than great.

Greyhound
Greyhound

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Greyhound (Kindle Edition)
It's amazing how much drama can fit into a few days on the bus. Engaging and well written, this was a pleasure to read.

Pack of 50 Luxury Green Airlaid Napkins - Linen Feel
Pack of 50 Luxury Green Airlaid Napkins - Linen Feel
Offered by Aaron Chemicals Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasant shade of green, does feel luxurious, 14 Sept. 2012
I bought these for my wedding and they were a nice shade of green. Most importantly they felt much superior to paper napkins, they are indeed the luxury version of disposable napkins. They'd be just right for other fancy meals like Christmas too!

Faux Leather Folding Storage Box Stool / Ottoman / Pouffe 70x38x38
Faux Leather Folding Storage Box Stool / Ottoman / Pouffe 70x38x38
Offered by comfytex

3.0 out of 5 stars picture not representative, 12 July 2012
The lid for this storage box is not smooth as this picture suggests, but stitched. This is attractive enough, so whatever. I am annoyed that I ordered brown and what I received might be classed as brown but really is so dark as to classify as black. Haven't sent it back or complained as mum saw it and bought it off me! After all the other reviewers are right, it is a good study box, easily assembled and disassembled, perfect for cushions and bedding! Will be buying another one later, though probably will try another vendor.

Further: Beyond the Threshold
Further: Beyond the Threshold

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguing, 25 Jun. 2012
Usually I'm a fantasy reader, but I got this on recommendation of a friend. Can't say that I love it, a bit too far out of my reading comfort zone, but I did like it and will keep an eye out for other Sci-Fi stuff.
The main character comes from our short term future, but ends up in the distant future. The most intriguing part of that was how the author imagined the future might remember us.

Victorinox swiss army knife SMALL scissors spring - for 58mm knives
Victorinox swiss army knife SMALL scissors spring - for 58mm knives
Offered by Saving domestic

5.0 out of 5 stars fiddly to put in, 16 Jun. 2012
My trusty little scissors had broken; the spring snapped in two. There I was thinking I'd need to replace the whole thing, (and it doesn't seem to be so easy to get a purple one any more) and then I found this replacement spring. Yes, it was rather fiddly to insert, it took about 10min of trying and some pliers, but my scissors are now ready for action.

Vosper's Revenge: Book Three of the Dragon Stone Saga
Vosper's Revenge: Book Three of the Dragon Stone Saga

3.0 out of 5 stars wish I could give give it more stars, 8 Jun. 2012
It's been a few days since finishing this and the main thing that's stuck with me, is that ending was totally rubbish. It was a nice, entertaining read, but I really can't justify more than 3 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3