Profile for Scubaboy > Reviews

Content by Scubaboy

Scubaboy "sydwal" (Swansea, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
All-In-One Driving Test 2009/2010 Edition (PC DVD)
All-In-One Driving Test 2009/2010 Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by MediaMerchants
Price: 2.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Nov 2009
My son used this and found it an absolute godsend. Easy to use, the interface is easily accessible and the package gives you everything you could possibly need to get you through your test. My son obviously had 'real lessons' too and this is no substitute for that but if used properly it'll give the budding driver everything they need to know about taking to the road. It's also great fun!

PDF Create 6.0, English (PC DVD)
PDF Create 6.0, English (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value..., 6 Oct 2009
As someone who runs a couple of online businesses I regularly need to create pdfs and I've been using 'Pdf Factory' which is pretty basic. This program goes well beyond that and actually lets you create much more. A very useful program that I'm using regularly to put together monthly online newsletters and so on. Top notch and highly recommended at this price.

Wildthorn
Wildthorn
by Jane Eagland

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying..., 6 Oct 2009
This review is from: Wildthorn (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
..so my wife says. She read it over the period of a few days on holiday in Egypt in between dives and although far removed from the world portrayed in the book she found it a satisfying, fast paced book with an excellent story and great conclusion. Highly recommended holiday reading for younger AND older adults - but stay clear, guys, this is chick-lit at its best.

Forbidden Island
Forbidden Island
by Malcolm Rose
Price: 4.79

2.0 out of 5 stars How old?, 6 Oct 2009
This review is from: Forbidden Island (Paperback)
...is the author? Some of the other reviews said it all. Exactly the sort of plot regurgitated ad nausiem in the Secret 7 books. Choc full of cliches and even the title is naff. No edge of the seat moments for me and 'dull dreary and boring' kind of sums it up. Sorry, Malcolm.

Bare Bones
Bare Bones
Offered by Hot Cakes
Price: 6.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting...but fails to move., 6 Oct 2009
This review is from: Bare Bones (Audio CD)
That kind of sums it up for me I'm afraid. It IS interesing because it's very very different to the current crop of female vocalists out there at the moment. Sounds from another age and time to my ears which makes it more alluring in a curious way. Intriguing, for sure but it just fails to GRAB me despite the promise.

Veet VTSH8907UK Touchably Smooth Mains Rechargeable Women's Epilator
Veet VTSH8907UK Touchably Smooth Mains Rechargeable Women's Epilator
Offered by Elex
Price: 62.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use BUT...., 6 Oct 2009
...my wife reckons it hurts! Certainly left a nasty red mark on her leg. Maybe the product would be better if you could use it wet, as mentioned by someone else here. My other half does have sensitive skin and to be fair (no pun intended) people with more robust skin may well be fine. Should definitely come with a warning for the rest!

CyberLink DVD Suite 7 Ultra (PC CD)
CyberLink DVD Suite 7 Ultra (PC CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars All rounder - good product, 27 Aug 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I disagree with a few of the other reviewers here. I think this package is suitable for beginners and experts alike. Easy to use. Instructions are easy to follow. The quality is very very good indeed. Most functions available elsewhere have been incorporated here but I'm not sure I'll be giving up my Roxio package just yet. This package doesn't really do much more than my existing one.

Good if your unhappy with what you're using though.

Element: Pilates Weight Loss For Beginners [DVD]
Element: Pilates Weight Loss For Beginners [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brooke Siler
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Top product, 27 Aug 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife used this as she has a back problem and is limited in what exercise she can do. Easy to follow and she finds it easy to use. It has definitely helped with stretching out her back muscles. Pilates was a pioneer no doubt and it's only in recent times that his techniques have become mainstream.

Highly recommended for beginners and mid level users.

Hed Kandi Beach House
Hed Kandi Beach House
Price: 15.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Summerlicious, 3 July 2009
This review is from: Hed Kandi Beach House (Audio CD)
As I speak, we're having a great Summer (for now!) and this has been in my car for days, just non-stop. Great summery vibes and a touch of Latin too.

Didn't like the World Series - Brasil disc at all (far too electro for me) so this is a great return to form.

BUY IT!

The Doobie Brothers: Live At Wolf Trap [DVD] [2008]
The Doobie Brothers: Live At Wolf Trap [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Doobie Brothers
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great band, 31 May 2009
Saw them when I was living in Sydney back in 1994 and they were still a great band. This DVD is filmed 10 years after that and there is no sign of their musicianship waning. Tom Johnston looks fit as a fiddle and the band are VERY tight. Pat Symmonds looks a little worse for wear but there's certainly nothing wrong with his performance.

A bit heavy on the country songs for my taste at times and they overdo the sax solos a bit hence the loss of a star but all in all a great snapshot of classic Doobies - very few songs from the Michael Macdonald era and that's fine by me.

The package is entertaining with good interviews and some extras, but obviously it's the show itself that's the main draw. Reasonably priced and highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8