Profile for Scubaboy > Reviews

Content by Scubaboy

Scubaboy "sydwal" (Swansea, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Business Accountz Basic (PC/Mac/Linux)
Business Accountz Basic (PC/Mac/Linux)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, 28 May 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
...and great value. I was sceptical, having used Sage and a number of 'high brow' programs in the past. I thought that this package was going to be, well, dumbed down. Not so. Easy to use and did everything I asked of it. The interface was easy to comprehend and was a pleasure to use, whether you're an expert, a novice, or (like me) somewhere in between.

Highly recommended.

Peyton
Peyton
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 5 from me...., 23 April 2009
This review is from: Peyton (Audio CD)
At time of writing there are only a few other reviews for this album - all of which give it the maximum 5 stars. And here's another 5 from me. I agree with fellow Welshman (?) Rhys who questions why only a small number of reviews. This guy certainly has had the exposure through Hed Kandi, etc. He's even been on Ready Steady Cook! Criminally overlooked in my view. I'm to blame too. Held off for years as I thought an album of Peyton's stuff wouldn't cut it and that HK had picked the cherries. WRONG!

A great talent - he writes his own stuff by and large, mainly with Eric Kupper of HK fame and beyond, has excellent star quality and so on, but for me it's THAT VOICE. My first reaction when I heard it on HK all those years ago was this was a smooth, soulful BLACK guy. The opening bars of track 1 and you'd swear it's my hero Seal. But no. The son of a preacherman from Tennessee.

Heavy on the Gospel references as a result and most of the original versions aren't as pumped up as the Kandi mixes but musically (both melodically and rhythmically) it's a tour de force.

Highly recommended.

Move It (PC CD)
Move It (PC CD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Why?, 9 April 2009
This review is from: Move It (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Had no problem installing this at all. I also disagree with other reviewers about no recognising icons, and so on. To be fair, virtually all new programs take a bit of getting used to and you only need to hover your mouse over the icons and a helpful explanation appears.

BUT, I have to ask, why has Nero decided something like this is necessary? One of the biggest strengths of Windows is the ability to click and drag in order to copy and move files around, so why do you need this? I also have existing software that converts formats, so again, WHY?

Must say I would have bumped up the stars had it recognised ATRAC3 music files from my Sony Vaio Pocket, but no such luck, despite the boast that it could deal with all formats. So what did I do? Went into Windows and clicked & dragged the files from the device to my hard drive. Easy.

I can see how some people might get some use out of this but not for me I'm afraid.

BaByliss 3035U Thermo-Ceramic Rollers
BaByliss 3035U Thermo-Ceramic Rollers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife actually uses these to STRAIGHTEN her hair, as she has a naturally curly mop (in a nice way!) and I'm told it produces a softer, gentler curl. Ideal for those with frizzier hair and you don't have to use a hand held straightener. Really good product and we wholeheartedly endorse the positive cooments already posted. Recommended.

The Complete Learner Driver Kit (PC)
The Complete Learner Driver Kit (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An excellent package! By son had already passed his theory test a while back but found this part of the package a very useful review. The practical element doesn't pretend to replace actual lessons (it never could) but gives an excellent grounding. Would happily have paid full whack for this product. Highly recommended.

Hed Kandi - The Mix 2009
Hed Kandi - The Mix 2009
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun...., 7 Jan. 2009
Yes - nothing too deep or heavy here, just lots of funky fun. Set around an imaginary party weekend, the set starts with Friday Night on Disc 1, and gets a bit more intense on Saturday Evening - Disc 2, before tailing off with a relaxing Sunday morning - Disc 3.

Unusual set as I've never known HK (or anyone else) to include a chillout disc in such an uptempo set. But the whole thing works, somehow.

The third disc isn't mixed which is a bit misleading, though it would be technically difficult to mix tracks of this nature I should imagine, and the package doesn't suffer too much for it.

Quite a few mainstream songs here which will have some purists up in arms, but let's be honest, the days of HK being cutting edge have pretty much gone. Worth a buy, and good value. Put those hands in the air!!!

Andrew Collinge 230 Cordless Salon Shine Straightener
Andrew Collinge 230 Cordless Salon Shine Straightener

3.0 out of 5 stars Light and portable, but......, 7 Jan. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Will definitely be taking these on my hols abroad this year - very portable and light. However, they aren't the best I've used. I found that you had to run them through time after time before getting the right look, and then not a fantastic result.

3 stars - but only as they're ideal for travel, and I'd recommend them for that purpose alone. Personally, I'll be keeping my usual set for home use.

Andrew Collinge Straightener & Hair Dryer 14611 Gift Set With Gift Bag
Andrew Collinge Straightener & Hair Dryer 14611 Gift Set With Gift Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 Jan. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Simple to use, and good value for money. As other reviewers have said, not a top of the range product, but you get what you pay for. Beware - the hotttest setting is VERY hot!! It tended to frizz my hair but my fault really - should have known better.

I also like to use a diffuser but none with this product unfortunately. However, all in all I recommended it at this price.

Serif Desktop Publishing Suite 2009
Serif Desktop Publishing Suite 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value..., 24 Dec. 2008
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've only ever used MS Publisher so I was a little anxious about trying something new. I needn't have worried - you can access the Help facility easily and everything is explained clearly.

This suits all abilities from novice to pro. You actually get three programs in one. You can create business cards, leaflets etc. with the publishing program. Secondly, you can even create your own art / logos etc with the graphics designer, and lastly (my favourite) an imaging program that allows you to create from scratch animated GIFs etc. for web pages.

Haven't mastered all of it yet but I'm looking forward to the challenge. An exciting program, easy to use and, perhaps the biggest plus, fantastic value.

Internet Security Suite 2009
Internet Security Suite 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but at a price...., 24 Dec. 2008
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Can't really ctiticise the functionality of this product - it does what it says on the tin. However, in common with other reviewers, I found that it gulps up your resources - everything seemed to work a lot slower - and I've got a pretty much top end machine. If you're OK with this then fine but my advice would be to use Avast.

On the plus side, it's much, much better than Norton, though!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8