ARRAY(0x9e8deef4)

Profile for M. Rhodes > Reviews

Content by M. Rhodes

M. Rhodes (winchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hubsan Q4 Nano Mini Worlds Smallest Quad Copter with 2.4Ghz Radio System H111
Hubsan Q4 Nano Mini Worlds Smallest Quad Copter with 2.4Ghz Radio System H111
Offered by everyCasa Europe
Price: 27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun and great for learning, 14 April 2014
My father has been trying to learn to fly helicopters for years. Every week he's on the phone telling me what bits he had to replace after the latest crash.

I saw this featured on BBC Click, saw how cheap they were and had to get one.

In a month I think I've got more flying time in than my Dad has in years. This little beauty zips around and when I get confused, just kill the throttle and let it crash. So far the props have flown off a few times but they just push back on. I get lots of practice indoors. If it crashes into something it's so light it doesn't do any damage.

I took it to work. Let everyone have a go. Lots more crashes and still works fine. Loads of people asking me where they can buy one.

Flying times are short. Only about 5 minutes but recharge is quick (about 30 minutes) and easy (USB charger).

In summary: fantastic fun, versatile and so small it just bounces instead of coming to any serious damage.

Ecozone Biobulb, Energy-Saving Daylight Bulb, Bayonet Cap B22, 20W Equivalent to 60w, 1530 Lumens, Full Spectrum, Daylight White 6500k, Uses 68% Less Energy. Ideal for suffers of S.A.D
Price: 6.75

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 months life is poor for fluorescent bulb, 15 Feb 2014
I had 2 of these. First lasted 6 months. Second 9 months. Fluorescent bulbs should last years not a few months.

HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
Price: 89.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Nov 2013
I have owned several printers and being a software engineer often get asked to fix others. In past I've always found HP to be the best and have had mine for many years without trouble.

However this unit has been quite a disappointment.

Whilst features such as ePrint and Wifi are very convenient and easy to set up. The print quality is quite poor, particularly considering this is supposed to be a photo printer and cost of ownership is very high.

Faults I've had so far:
- The printer wakes up randomly and makes a load of noise (as if it's head cleaning or calibrating). This can be very annoying if you are on the phone at the time.
- It occasionally makes a hideous noise of grinding gears.
- The black had started to smear and smudge. I ran the head cleaning program and it didn't fix it. Then magenta wasn't working properly. Given the printer is used several times a week, I would not expect heads to become dried and blocked.
- When printing solid blocks of colour, horizontal lines of light and dark show (bad calibration).
- When using the webservices, some menu options return "Error with Printer"

Panasonic  KX-TG8061EB Single Colour DECT Phone with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8061EB Single Colour DECT Phone with Answer Machine
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 36.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DECT phone with plenty of features, 30 Nov 2013
This is a great phone for home or home office.

It has a Do Not Disturb feature which means it can be set to go straight to answerphone outside office hours. The handset has jack for headset (for those who need to type and talk). The buttons are large, clear and easy to use. The answerphone is easy to operate. Ringer can be programmed for basestation and handheld unit separately.

Konig 2 Port USB 2.0 Switch
Konig 2 Port USB 2.0 Switch
Offered by CPO Trading
Price: 11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 30 Nov 2013
I bought this because my wife has a work laptop and we wanted to use same screen and keyboard with that and our home desktop.

This unit was used to switch the keyboard between desktop and laptop. It worked well, powered by the computers it worked even when one was disconnected and also remembered setting.

Note: it doesn't support display switching too (you need a KVM for that) but our monitor has dual input so that was easily done on the monitor.

1m Premier DisplayPort Cable ~ 24k Gold Plated ~ Black Coloured ~ High Definition ~ Home Theatre ~ Video Lead ~ Computer/PC to TV/Monitor ~ 20-pin ~Display Port

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work reliably, 30 Nov 2013
This worked for first few days but after a short period, the screen kept occasionally going blank and then coming back.

When the cable was changed the problem went away.

Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: 44.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Nov 2013
I've had a Braun Oral-B oscillating toothbrush for many years but the battery was on it's last legs and finally the switch stopped working so the time came to replace.

I'd heard of sonic toothbrushes but didn't see any difference between them. Based on reviews and price I eventually plumped for this Philips Sonicare model and I've been extremely impressed.

The battery lasts well and always runs at full speed. The toothbrush feels well made is comfortable to hold and is a nice weight.

I did not give full marks because of a few gripes:
- the manual is not clear. LED indications don't seem to match the manual.
- we are a family of four so use the coloured toothbrush rings to know who's brush is who's. The colours are all shades and very hard to distinguish. Nice subtle design but Philips please give us some strong colours so we can see the difference.
- after 2 minutes the brush stops dead. I preferred my last brush which gave a longer indication when brushing time was up, then you could turn it off when you'd finished. Since it stops itself if you want to go on a little, you have to press the button to restart it and then press again to stop. Not difficult but annoying.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with iphone5S, 12 Oct 2013
I bought this to adapt the many micro USB cables I have and to avoid carrying multiple cables in the car (son has S3, I've a 4S and now my wife has a 5S). I tried with multiple chargers and micro USB cables (some quite thick high quality ones) but couldn't get it to charge with any of them although the Apple supplied lightning cable worked fine.

I'm very annoyed with Apple for deliberately preventing 3rd party accessories from working and charging extortionate prices for their own. However this doesn't help you if you already have an iPhone 5S. Moral of the story: Don't buy iPhone in first place.

Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod Lightning to 30-PIN Adapter-ZML (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by Leon Limited
Price: 20.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with iphone5S, 12 Oct 2013
I bought this to convert the many 30pin chargers I have to lightning. It doesn't support charging with iphone5s. I've tried with many cables and power supplies to no avail.

Evodigitals 30 Pin To 8 Pin Audio Supported Adapter Convertor Dock For Iphone 5 Ipod Touch
Offered by EvoDigitals
Price: 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with iphone5S, 12 Oct 2013
I've not been able to get iphone 5S to charge using this accessory. When we testing the audio through a dock, it was very quiet compared to ipod on same dock and afterwards the iphone thought headset was permanently connected.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 11:34 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3