Profile for Gordo > Reviews

Content by Gordo

Gordo

Page: 1 | 2
Kingston Technology DataTraveler Ultimate G3 USB 3.1 Gen 1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Read 150 Mbps, Write 70 Mbps - 32 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it.., 3 Oct. 2014
Rare to actually achieve advertised speeds, let alone beat them!!

Write speeds -
On my main PC I am averaging 80-140MBps
On other older ones I'm getting 50-70MBps

Read-
On my main PC getting average of 200-230MBps
on the older ones its 95-155MBps

So as you can see, it does do as it states, but it will depend on the system you use.
One thing I wasn't expecting was the size of it, It's a big boy 68mm long 23mm wide and 12mm thick as you see in the picture. I don't see it as a bad point and it feels well made and nice when you plug it in (you'll know what I mean when you get one).
If your in the market for a new USB 3.0, for the price, this is the one. For the quality, this is the one, and considering the first two points, for the speed this is the one....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2016 12:10 AM GMT

SanDisk SDCZ71-008G-B35 8 GB Cruzer Force USB 2.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ71-008G-B35 8 GB Cruzer Force USB 2.0 Flash Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars My wife likes., 3 Oct. 2014
Bought for my wife for work. As she isn't one to complain usually, there was only one thing that mildly irritated her. That was that she found it hard work putting it in and out of the USB ports at work and her laptop... I have since adjusted with some pliers and she hasn't said anything since, so I can only assume all is good. There isn't as pictured any caps or guards, so I fashioned an old one to fit of a PlayStation accessory, which works a treat.

Pro's - Sturdy construction
Cheep
Fast delivery
Good size hole to go on work ID badge lanyard
Con's - Had to adjust with pliers
No cap/guard for dust etc.

Overall, I would recommend.

Anker® USB 3.0 2-Port Bus-Powered Hub with a Built-in Extended 3.3ft USB 3.0 Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Kit, I want another..., 3 Oct. 2014
Perfect, just what I needed as I'm using an old Case with new Mobo etc. (just waiting to find the perfect new case for my upgrade build). So impressed with the quality of this product I'm going to buy another, just to be lazy for the other PC under my workbench, haha.

There was only one negative, although it doesn't bother me and I didn't see it fair to drop even half a star for it... As what others have said about the bright blue light, it's bright!!! I have just colored the lens with one of my black board markers and it's a nice ambient glow now, problem solved.

IncrediSonic Ultra Play IMP150 - HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and discrete for any where in the house or on holiday., 29 Aug. 2014
Absolutely love this media player. Bought to replace my sons old Cyclone player, not that it was dead, but for the mkv. format for his full HD (1080p) videos. I have still given it 5 stars even though there is one thing that I would say. The LED, Its mega bright!! I just put a small bit of the sticky part of a post-it note on over the light, and it is far more ambient now for night time usage.

Cooler Master RR-TX3E-22PK-R1 Hyper TX3 Evo "High Performance, 3 Direct Contact Heat Pipes, Universal CPU Cooler" Black Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Man!!, 29 Aug. 2014
This cooler is The Mutts... Swapped the stock cooler on an AMD A8 6600K (3.9GHz) build for this one as the stock one was scarily only getting temp down to between 65-68 degrees at stock speeds. Now the Temp doesn't go any higher than 55 degrees whilst the CPU speed is at a comfortable 4.5GHz and the Graphics clock at 934MHz.. Happy Man :-)

2 Metre Premium Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable - Digital audio cable , Compatible with PS3,Sky HD, HDtvs, Blu-rays, AV Amps, Superior-grade optical fiber to deliver better clarity and transfer digital signal
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

WD 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Green
WD 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I needed, 29 Aug. 2014
This is the 3rd I have bought for different builds. Now they all sit in a current APU Build on RAID 5. Always been a WD fan, the build quality and lifespan of these HDD's are some of the best out there. Nice low hum on wake, but other than that you forget it's there. The only other mechanical drives I would recommend for similar reasons is the Seagate Barracuda ranges.

Lexar Professional JumpDrive S23 16GB USB 3.0 (100MB/s) Retractable Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Teal

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite the speed I was expecting, but better than USB 2.0 and great price!, 29 Aug. 2014
It is faster than my old USB 2.0, but not by much in comparison. Great to have the extra space, although next time I think a bit more spent will get a faster product. Avg read: 75-80MBps.. Avg Write: 12-18MBps. These are the avg figures you will get from transferring files either a large quantity of small files (5-10MB) or a couple of Large files (2-5GB) in any order and has been used on a variety of Laptop/Desktop/ Workstation/HTPC and also a small media player.

ESD Mat- 600 X 1200 MM - With 4 x 10mm STUD At Each Corner (UK Manufactured Item)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 21 May 2014
Who needs to pay more? This was a long overdue replacement to my old smaller ASM.

Delivery was quicker than expected and the product is nothing but quality.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin. Though not UK Plug., 21 May 2014
My only reason for not giving 5* is, and maybe it was me not checking the description clearly, because it is not a UK plug. I must have read too much into the UK Manufactured Item too much ehh?

Anyways, the service was quick and seamless, and as I already had an adapter for it I'm happy.

Page: 1 | 2