Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "olly183" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Canon PIXMA MX885 All-In-One Colour Photo Print (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX885 All-In-One Colour Photo Print (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but ink use a bit baffling?, 21 Mar. 2012
OK, I've had this about a month so far and all is great apart from the colour inks are being heavily used up even when printing Grayscale only! The Black ink tanks are still more than 50% where as colours are down at 10%, I have yet to print any colour at all, I have the printing preferences set to Grayscale as default.

I'm raising an issue with Canon but as yet I haven't heard anything back yet

The MX885 sold itself to me with its 'Duplex Scanning Auto Document feed' capability which so far has worked well, It doesn't like stiff thick paper but that's to be expected. (the ability to scan both sides of a multiple page document from the tray)

The Duplex pinting has worked well (printing to both sides of the paper)

I don't use the fax functionality

Only real issue I had at the start was installing the wireless drivers and software, It didn't like to do it Automatically off the CD, So I have to install the MP drivers manually off the CD first and then repeat for the 'Canon My Printer' Utility. I haven't bothered with the rest of the bloatware.

I have 2 win7 64 bit machines, 1 Vista 32bit and 1 WinXP 32bit in household all printing wireless to the MX885, So apart from ink usage quite happy.

DeWALT Logic Black 13 UK Wide
DeWALT Logic Black 13 UK Wide

2.0 out of 5 stars A list of issues!, 16 Jan. 2012
OK I have big feet, Size uk13! They fitted well and on 1st impression felt comfortable but it became apparent that one of shoes had a manufacturing fault under the sole, If I'd tried to used them they would have crippled me.

I had to ask 'MySafetyHub' too many times for return authorisation! and then they didn't refund the original shipping(to me), so I had to raise an issue with Amazon to get that back.

If it was a faultless shoe I'm sure I'd be happy but I won't be shopping with this 'MySafetyHub' again

Icy Box IB-231StU3-G External Enclosure for 2.5 inch SATA HDD to USB 3.0 Host - Brushed Aluminium

3.0 out of 5 stars works well so far, 16 Jan. 2012
Only problem is that the Cable is very stiff and inflexible relative to the weight of the Box, So its easy for the connectors to pull out or for the box to get moved if the laptop is moved.

Brodit Passive Holder with Tilt Swivel for HTC Sensation
Brodit Passive Holder with Tilt Swivel for HTC Sensation

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and works well, 16 Jan. 2012
Mounted via the Brodit air vent clip, Very compact and neat when used with a 90deg connector, Don't see the point of getting this with in built cabling.

Only annoyance is that these mounts don't work with the phone protector sleeves, I think Brodit should start a line in protector sleeves which then work with their mounts?

White Traditional Puppy Soft Vet Bedding 100x75
White Traditional Puppy Soft Vet Bedding 100x75
Offered by Bronte Glen Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This survives well, Not much else does!, 16 Jan. 2012
Perfect for puppies and dogs, Lots of other stuff gets chewed and destroyed but not this, We have several around the house, Our dog goes straight to it for a lie down.

-Goes through the wash on 90degs no problem
-Cuts down to size easily
-When it gets wet, it doesn't retain the liquid, it just allows it to soak through, so perfect for crates. The dog can still spill its entire water bowl and not have to sleep on a wet bed. (we have a crate with a metal tray)

The Dog Loo Bio Activator (500ml)
The Dog Loo Bio Activator (500ml)

4.0 out of 5 stars What a load of P....., 16 Jan. 2012
7 Month old Lab and a small garden, So far all good, and no problems with Poo!
#This 20 word minimum is a bore!

Startech.com 2.5 inch Removable eSATA USB Dual SATA Hard Drive Enclosure with RAID

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit plastic! but very compact and useful, 16 Jan. 2012
Worked well so far, But I've had an issue unloading one of the HDD's, The mechanism of pushing the drive out is too flimsy and not strong/Stiff enough to overcome the friction of the Drive connector! Which results in the unit having to be dismantled in order to remove the HDD, Not too much of an issue but annoying.

Tiffen 62mm Neutral Density 0.6 Filter
Tiffen 62mm Neutral Density 0.6 Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 16 Jan. 2012
Came well packaged and protected, not much else to say really, Bought UV & Polar Filters as well, all good so far.

Tiffen 62mm Circular Polariser Filter
Tiffen 62mm Circular Polariser Filter
Offered by Technomobiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, As expected, 16 Jan. 2012
As expected So far so good, but I'm no expert, I've got limited experience or other product to compare it with but it did Come well protected packaged. I'm using it(and others) on a Sony SAL18250 Lens and I've noticed vignetting on the wide end when I stack two together, but maybe that's expected?

HP ScanJet 2400 Digital Flatbed Scanner - Flatbed scanner - 216 x 297 mm - 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi - Hi-Speed USB

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!, 19 Jan. 2007
Some times it works some times it dosn't! only good for the scrap heap!

I have a desktop and a new laptop its the same on both. I have tried many times reinstalling the drivers and downloading the updates from hp but still its no good

Page: 1 | 2