Profile for surreylad > Reviews

Tissues and Issues
Tissues and Issues
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Divaness at it's greatest!!!, 12 Sep 2005
This review is from: Tissues and Issues (Audio CD)
I was never really a fan of Charlotte's previous material apart from some beautiful songs she had sung but when I first heard the opening few bars of 'Crazy Chick' i thought WOW!
After a few days debating wether I would like the album or not i decided to take a chance and again WOW!!!
This album is absolutely fantastic and reads like a story book of emotions. I would love to sing a duet with Charlotte as she really seems to sing from the heart which is more then most singers these days. My favourites on this album are CRAZY CHICK, CALL MY NAME, MOODSWINGS, EASYWAY OUT, EVEN GOD, CONFESSIONAL SONG. All the others are fantastic too so good on you charlie for making a must have album for everyones collection!!!

Ultimate Fame
Ultimate Fame
Price: 8.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Leg warmers at the ready!, 9 Oct 2004
This review is from: Ultimate Fame (Audio CD)
Who would have guessed that 23 years after the film version of FAME was released kids around the world young and old would still be leaping into the splits mid-air singing how they were going to live forever?! Fame has always been one of my all time favourites along with Grease and the release of this album is just great. In fact you could have a whole party just playing this cd! Who can forget the greatness of 'High fidelity' and the sadness and singalong chorus of 'Star maker' and the sheer fabulousness of the title track 'Fame'. So dig out those sweat bands and leg warmers, find a street to dance down and buy this cd!!!!

The Wicker Man - Special Edition Director's Cut (2 disc set) [DVD] [1973]
The Wicker Man - Special Edition Director's Cut (2 disc set) [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Edward Woodward
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly disturbing film that still shocks today, 30 Jun 2004
I was first properly introduced to this film last year when I started my first year at University. Of course I had heard of it before but had never bothered to watch it due to the fact that I usually find british films boring to say the least. Then one day in a great lecture we started to watch 'The Wicker man'. From the moment it begun the whole class was captivated by the eireeness of the film and when the lecture switched it off after about 20 minutes, the whole class wanted more and raced to the library to find it! I decided to purchase the dvd as I could'nt be bothered to wait and when I got home that night started right from the beginning. By the end of the film I was truly disturbed by what I had seen and found it to be so much more frightening then all the recent teen slasher movies of today. Anybody who say's that this film is rubbish are proberbly fans of the 'Im going to stab you as you run up the stairs in the dark' kind of films and are easily put off by films that are a bit dark and sometimes odd. This film is a genuine must see for anyone who wants to see a film and remember it for years to come. One thing - Don't watch it before bed!

The Singles 1992 - 2003
The Singles 1992 - 2003
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy album for your collection, 20 Feb 2004
This review is from: The Singles 1992 - 2003 (Audio CD)
Although I have always liked the singles that No Doubt have brought out in the past, I had never purchased one of their albums due to the fact I am more of an RnB man and was worried that a whole album may be a bit heavy for me.
But this greatest hits collection including all the singles and more is excellent as it has everything from mellow chill out tunes to the excellent going out anthem that is 'It's my life'.
I recomend everyone who has like No doubts single releases to buy this album as it's definatly worth adding to your collection.