Profile for Nick Flynn > Reviews

Content by Nick Flynn
Top Reviewer Ranking: 271

Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Panasonic Specialist Lithium Coin Batteries CR2032 x 12
Panasonic Specialist Lithium Coin Batteries CR2032 x 12
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for a stock of 2032s, 23 July 2014
For some reason, my remote door bell eats these things, and I seem to be changing batteries every month or so. Until now, this was costing a small fortune and I was contemplating replacing it.

Now I have a store of a dozen, long dated CR2032s, I guess I have a reasonably low cost solution. The dates on mine are 2024, so these will be used well before then.

Great price from a respected manufacturer, and delivered very quickly.

Belkin QODE Thin Type Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Autowake and Smart Sense for iPad Air - Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium Keys, 23 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think having a decent keyboard for my iPad has almost made my MacBook redundant.

I have tried a few Bluetooth iPad keyboards over the last 3 years, and the Belkin one rates very highly indeed. The keys themselves are a decent size, and have a good positive action.

Construction seems to be durable, and looks and feels like a quality item, and vey much in keeping with the iPad Air.

I do like the fact that the keyboard automatically detects when you open up, and goes to sleep again when you close. The Autowake function on the iPad also works.

The only issue I have is that maybe I'm a bit too concerned about damaging the back of my iPad in my bag, as this is unprotected when closed. I use a slip cover in my bag which works well, I haven't docked a star as for many people this may not be an issue.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man Super Coarse MICRO-Mineral Replacement Rollers- Set of 2
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man Super Coarse MICRO-Mineral Replacement Rollers- Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Coarse is the way to go., 23 July 2014
I have been using the Micro Pedi Pro for about a year now, but have always wanted a coarser roller as the standard blue ones do work, but take and age if you have neglected your pins for a while. (and/or do a lot of walking/running)

I wasn't sure that these 'Mens' rollers would fit the Micro Pedi Professional, but they work fine.

They do produce a lot of dust and powder, and if I can I will use the Micro Pedi outside, but a bit of a clean up with duster and hoover is much better than having to contend with cracked heels.

These coarse rollers work very well, I tend to give them a good rinse after use and this seems to extend their life.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Power Pedicure Device
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Power Pedicure Device

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Star mains powered Micro Pedi., 23 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife has been using the battery powered version of this, the Micro Pedi Pro which is a 2 speed version taking 3AA batteries ... or should I say eats them.

Whist I generally prefer to go cordless, this version of the Micro Pedi wins hands down. I don't know if it is just my perception, but the mains powered version seems to spin faster, and of course there is no drop-off in performance.

These things work brilliantly, we both used to have problems with cracked and painful heels, but no more. neither do we have to slather cracked heel cream over our feet all the time.

There is only one speed, but to be honest, she never used the slower speed anyway.

The pack came with an additional spare roller, and in our experience with regular use, you should get a couple of months out of each.

I have also bought the extra course rollers for men ... fits perfectly.

Aqua Sphere Vista Blue Lens Goggles - Blue
Aqua Sphere Vista Blue Lens Goggles - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sea swimming, 20 July 2014
I tend to do most of my swimming in the sea. Living on the South Coast, swimming west in the afternoon sun can be a real problem with glare.

I have used the traditional small cup googles in the past, but hate them ... they need to be on pretty tight, in which case they feel like they are gouging your eyes out, if too loose, they are worse than useless.

These Aquasphere Goggles are really brilliant as they cover the eye comfortably, the silicon mask extends out, and once propertly adjusted form a great seal.

I have been out in some pretty choppy seas, and they have been 100% reliable, very easy to adjust too. The tint is enough to take away most of the glare, and still OK to use on slightly more overcast days. They are also 100% UVA and UVB and have an effective anti-fog coating.

They come in a very usable hinged case that seems to be well made.

As I swim in the sea, I tend to give them a good rinse before drying off before putting away.

Happy to recommend.

Mens Speedo Turboforce Endurance Swim Shorts Briefs 8045108438
Mens Speedo Turboforce Endurance Swim Shorts Briefs 8045108438
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, good fitting swim shorts., 18 July 2014
I bought the Speedo Turboforce Endurance Aquashort Trunks primarily for swimming in the sea. I usually wear longer board shorts, but they were a bit of a pain after a long swim and could drag down as well.

These Turboforce shorts have an attractive design, mostly dark blue with a paler blue yellow splash on the left leg, and are a very good length, fit exactly to the size I ordered and arrive 4 days after ordering. It is a little too early to comment on Speedo's claims about fit and fade after repeated use, but as I swim in the sea 3 or 4 times a week, I will give them a good work out.

As I mentioned, the fit good, snug, but comfortable enough for the 10 minute walk to the beach.

The Speedo logo is not embroidered on which is a minus, but not worth docking a star. The shorts are also part lined at the front.

I am very happy with them.

Duracell Plus Power MN2400 Alkaline AAA Batteries - 36-Pack
Duracell Plus Power MN2400 Alkaline AAA Batteries - 36-Pack
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for reliable Duracells, 18 July 2014
Great price and long dates ... mine were dated 2019, supplied in 3 boxes of 8 + 4 free.

I have used Duracell batteries of years and have always found them to be reliable. Although I tend to use rechargeable batteries most of the time, I tend to prefer to use these Duracell Alkaline batteries for things like clocks where the battery drain is very low.

Happy with price and long dates for storage.

Speedo Mens Fluid Blade Aquashort Swimming Trunks - Blue - 38
Speedo Mens Fluid Blade Aquashort Swimming Trunks - Blue - 38
Offered by Acid Plaid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fitting Speedo Aquashort, 18 July 2014
I bought the Speedo Fluid Blade Aquashort Trunks primarily for swimming in the sea. I usually wear longer board shorts, but they were a bit of a pain after a long swim and could drag down as well.

These Fluid Blade shorts are a good size, fit exactly to the size I ordered and arrive 3 days after ordering. It is a little too early to comment on Speedo's claims about fit and fade after repeated use, but as I swim in the sea 3 or 4 times a week, I will give them a good work out.

The Speedo logo is embroiled on, (I have seen some mention of stuck on logos peeling off). The shorts are also part lined at the front.

I am very happy with them.

【MFI Licensed】- Veetop® 8 pin Sync Charger USB Lightning Data cable for iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPad Air,iPad Retina, iPad mini, iPad mini Retina, iPod Nano 7, iPod Touch 5 (With Velcro Wrap) (1.8m/iPhone 5S cable,Black)
Offered by Veetop

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made Lightning cable in black, 13 July 2014
Well made Lightning cable in black ... Decent length at nearly 2m that I bought to charge/run my iPhone in the car. Long enough to cover the distance from my 12v lighter socket to the dash without getting in the way of my gear lever or handbrake.

Comes complete with an attached velcro tie to tidy it up when not in use.

Casio W-96H-1AVES Mens Resin Digital Watch
Casio W-96H-1AVES Mens Resin Digital Watch
Offered by WatchO

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and easy to read, 13 July 2014
I wanted a cheap reliable and easy to read watch for work, where the stop watch function gets used every day, but also for swimming in the sea.

The W 96-H performs both tasks brilliantly, and saves my more expensive watches from the inevitable scrapes I get into.

Set up was a doddle and the display is even easy to read in low light conditions.

I would be happy with 3 to 4 years service and hope Casio still produce something similar.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20